canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi folks,

My wife and myself got canada pr. We are thinking of applying sponsorship for my brother in law..

Pls let me know, if i can do the following

I. Can we sponsor pr for my brother in law?

Ii. Can we apply for any work permit for him?..

Any input would be of great help...
You can't sponsor your brother-in-law. He will need to find a way to immigrate himself.

maria79

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Cebu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
30-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
17-02-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
Good day
My question is how long it will take for me to received the file number or any information about the application
Applyd out of Canada .. It’s form Jordan .. both of us in Jordan
I am Canadian citizen.. and I sponsor my wife
DHL delivering my application on July/05/2018
I didn’t received anything from cic
Thank you
Better you check your email and also in the spam. They might send you your file number there. We received our file number at approximately 7 weeks or 54 days including weekends and holidays to be exact :) im a november 30, 2017 applicant. Still havent got my ppr. Latest update of my application was July 21 when our BGC is in process. No update yet as of today but we are very much positive that PPR (passport request) is on its way soon. Hoping that you will receive ur file number very soon too.

ohjay

Aug 11, 2017
Hello All,

Please I need a reply to this.

Is it compulsory that I must be working before I can put in spousal sponsorship for my wife?

I landed last year, worked for a month them traveled out of Canada. I got back a month ago but still searching for job. can I commence spousal sponsorship for my wife or must I wait to get a job first.

I am considering putting in the application immediately to save time.

Thanks in anticipation for all your replies.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hello All,

Is it compulsory that I must be working before I can put in spousal sponsorship for my wife?

I landed last year, worked for a month them traveled out of Canada. I got back a month ago but still searching for job. can I commence spousal sponsorship for my wife or must I wait to get a job first.

As long as you don't receive unemployment benefits its fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

You don't need to be working but you do need to be able to show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

gd.dhiman

Mar 25, 2014
Hi All,
I am about to initiate the PR process for my wife.
When I got my PR I was a bachelor and later on, after a couple of months, I got married
However, now I got stuck in the below question as I have never declared her my spouse as I was a bachelor
What should I click here, please advise?

"
Information about previous Examination ( to be completed by Sponsor )
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my Spouse or partner and It was already examined as a non-accompanying depended on when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not "
receive an immigrant visa (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer NO)

Also below line for sponsor or spouse ( whom I am going to give sponsorship )
(Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer NO)

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
HI All

Going to India in Oct for my arranged marriage. How do I add my name (in Spouse name section) in my would be wife's passport ?
Where in India I can do that for her and how ? Anyone who knows .Please let me know.

P.S she already got her newly passport recently ( 2 months back )

Jeemay

Mar 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
Need help

Hello Everyone, my wife is working on Montreal,Quebec. We have got already CSQ. And we have applied for PR for both of us under Spouse sponser. Actually i am here and UAE and we are different Nationality. So they have request me for medical, Police clearance from 3 countries and they asked me the other documente that proof our marry is leagal and still we are in relationship. They email me on 25 july. So i submitted my medical on 2nd August and other all documents i submitted on 22nd August through post to Abu Dhabi embassy. So please Can you tell me what will be our next process and howlong will it take for our process to call for passport?(We have applied on 2016 june so i am badly waitingfor it)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
HI All

Going to India in Oct for my arranged marriage. How do I add my name (in Spouse name section) in my would be wife's passport ?
Where in India I can do that for her and how ? Anyone who knows .Please let me know.

P.S she already got her newly passport recently ( 2 months back )
You don't have to add your last name on spouse's Passport. NDVO will issue Visa as it is. And once spouse reaches here, last names will be added as you are the husband. On the other hand if her Passport is not made yet OR expiring very soon then do this;-
Go marry her> She then applies for new or renewal of existing ppt, , with her last name as yours. Otherwise leave everything as it is. My wife had no ppt , we married then she got new ppt with my name on it. I have seen wifes coming with middle names ONLY on their ppt; visa issued as it is but here in Canada they added husband's last name on her IDs. Indian ppt has SURNAME, GIVEN NAMES , NATIONALITY so on, but no other names, except on last page> which can only be added if she makes a new ppt or applies for modifications [one guy had to pay huge bribe just to change similar things on his wife's passport, wife left him later on as she did MOC] But there is no need at all..Very simple! Any other Qs please ask :)

Last edited:

sara nons

Aug 28, 2018
hi
i need help..my husband live in pakistan ..i just sponsered my husbnd in june by submitting application but more than 2 months has passed i dont receive any confirmation mail or not even my documents were returned..so m confused how can i know they accept it or not..is the 2 month cut off period for confirmation or it can take more time..? i just send my documents to missisauga but now m confused did i send it to the wrong place..? or it should be sent to sydney..
anyone can help

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
Hey guys,

i need help with a letter i got from IRCC

Background:
Sponsor (me): Canadian Citizenship Living in Hong Kong (since June 2017)
PA: Mainland Chinese living in Mainland China

Here are the two questions from IRCC:

1. Credible evidence of your and your spouse’s plans to establish yourself and your family in Canada (i.e. job offers in Canada for each of you and your sponsor , plans to facilitate the establishment of your children, other settlement arrangements, etc.)

Seriously? how do i apply for jobs while i have no idea when i am return to Canada?
In my application, i answered this question at length (6 pages) that states that i have a House and Car in Canada (Alberta) so the bare essentials are not an issue. Secondly, i told them we are saving up now for re-establishment in Canada

2. Credible evidence that you and your spouse have severed, or have begun to severe, your ties to Hong Kong / China (i.e. Letter of Release from the HKSAR Inland Revenue Department for each of you and your sponsor, letter of resignation from current employer, sale or real estate sale listing of your home in Hong Kong / China OR termination of lease, evidence of transition of financial interests and assets from Hong Kong / China to Canada, sales or confirmed shipment of furniture, transition of financial interests from Hong Kong / China to Canada, disposal of other assets, etc.);

For example, if my wife is granted CoPR, say, next July, how does IRCC expect us to resign our jobs now?