+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Folks,
This forum been very helpful thorough out the process. could not stop praising it.
Hoping to get some advise on the issue of spousal visa.

From my previous posts i was advised to apply visitor visa for to be spouse so after marriage we both can come together to Canada. (Am a PR lives in Toronto).

I am planning to mention while applying that my spouse and I were engaged when i last visited India. Proof is a Photos of the small ceremony and my tickets.
My spouse have a job back in India so she can get Pay stubs and ITR and employment letter.

I have a birthday in the month of January so planning to make a case that my spouse wants to visit me for the Birthday. Honestly may be if everything goes well.

Guys, do you think i should do more or am i missing anything?

Your advise will boost up my confidence.

Thanks
Guys please help, any suggestion is highly appreciated.

driim

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,
we received a letter about file transfer in VO, but we didn't receive AOR2 letter. In ECAS is "we started processing..." and that means our APP is in VO or not yet?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Guys. I just noticed that some of the application forms for Spousal sponsorship are new for Oct-2017. Does anyone know if there was any significant changes made to the spousal sponsorship also in Oct-2017?
The forms were updated slightly (minor wording changes) on October 24th.

Reactions: dan403

evap

Jun 12, 2017
Hi. I'm sponsoring my spouse (outland) and we applied for his CSQ in October 17th. We got the money deducted from our card in October 26th. We haven't heard or received anything from them since them. Is that Normal?. Can anyone share a recent experience on that?
I'm worried, please help.
Ps: our sponsorship application is already being processed by our lvo

Dec 1, 2017
Hi ,

I applied at CIC mississauga for my Wife living in India under spousal immigration (March 2017) and have not received any update since medical was received (June 5th 2017 ). It been 6 months already . can someone educate me on the time frame it takes and next step after medical recieved .
below is the last update on website
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 6, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 5, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello all,

I (Sponsor) am just in the process of preparing the spousal sponsorship application to sponsor my wife outside Canada. I have a question regarding the limit on Proof of Contact. As per the checklist, I am supposed to be limit the "Proof of Contact" to maximum 10 pages. Does anyone with experience know whether it is 10 pages single-sided or 10 pages double-sided (which basically means 20 pages single sided)?

Thank you for your help in advance!

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hello all,

I (Sponsor) am just in the process of preparing the spousal sponsorship application to sponsor my wife outside Canada. I have a question regarding the limit on Proof of Contact. As per the checklist, I am supposed to be limit the "Proof of Contact" to maximum 10 pages. Does anyone with experience know whether it is 10 pages single-sided or 10 pages double-sided (which basically means 20 pages single sided)?

Thank you for your help in advance!
10 pages single sided.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Folks,
This forum been very helpful thorough out the process. could not stop praising it.
Hoping to get some advise on the issue of spousal visa.

From my previous posts i was advised to apply visitor visa for to be spouse so after marriage we both can come together to Canada. (Am a PR lives in Toronto).

I am planning to mention while applying that my spouse and I were engaged when i last visited India. Proof is a Photos of the small ceremony and my tickets.
My spouse have a job back in India so she can get Pay stubs and ITR and employment letter.

I have a birthday in the month of January so planning to make a case that my spouse wants to visit me for the Birthday. Honestly may be if everything goes well.

Guys, do you think i should do more or am i missing anything?

Your advise will boost up my confidence.

Thanks
Guys anyone please help with this

ecas02

Sep 20, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
27-10-2017
AOR Received.
28-10-2017
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
09-11-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
19-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
Hey Y'all,

I am currently sponsoring my wife for her PR (outland application) while I reside in Quebec. I received an email from IRCC about my sponsorship approval. I was just confused if that letter is the one I need to use to apply for her CSQ or am I supposed to be waiting on another email. As the current email just contains the following terms
"We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibilty ... "
Nothing with regards to Quebec or CSQ or MICC.
It would be great if any of you could tell me wh
Wait for another Email

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Has anyone applied for their spouse’s visitor visa after submitting the application for sponsorship? Is it best to wait till u receive SA or apply right away once the sponsorship app gets submitted? Thanks!

pd1234

Dec 4, 2017
How do you go about the required "proof of relationship to sponsor" requirement if you don't live together but you are not long distance? I've been with my fiance for almost two years now, we are both living in a country that is not our home countries. He's a Canadian citizen. We'll be leaving our current country of residence in a few months and we plan to get married soon in current country of residence (and apply for the visa soon after). We just never ended up living together but we see each other almost five days out of the week. I have no worries about other documents, we have pictures, flight tickets, game tickets, etc, our families and friends all know about our relationship and he's met mine and I've met his, etc. etc. I think I'm more concerned about the visitation details part in 5532. It would also be nice to hear from other people with similar circumstances.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
How do you go about the required "proof of relationship to sponsor" requirement if you don't live together but you are not long distance? I've been with my fiance for almost two years now, we are both living in a country that is not our home countries. He's a Canadian citizen. We'll be leaving our current country of residence in a few months and we plan to get married soon in current country of residence (and apply for the visa soon after). We just never ended up living together but we see each other almost five days out of the week. I have no worries about other documents, we have pictures, flight tickets, game tickets, etc, our families and friends all know about our relationship and he's met mine and I've met his, etc. etc. I think I'm more concerned about the visitation details part in 5532. It would also be nice to hear from other people with similar circumstances.
Are you applying as spouse or common law?