+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

driim

Oct 12, 2017
Hello,
my wife is Permanent Resident and is sponsoring me. Our Application is already in VO. Can she come to my country? Can she leave Canada?

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Hi Members,

I am sponsoring my spouse and dependent child Indian citizens. Divorce decree doesnt say anything about the child custody but his 14 year old daughter is living with him. So, now my question is should he move his papers in the court to get the full child custody? and once that is obtained do we still have to get a declaration from his ex-wife? Do we need both the documents is my question.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hello,
my wife is Permanent Resident and is sponsoring me. Our Application is already in VO. Can she come to my country? Can she leave Canada?
yeah she can visit her husband not a problem.

Reactions: KandyK

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi Members,

I am sponsoring my spouse and dependent child Indian citizens. Divorce decree doesnt say anything about the child custody but his 14 year old daughter is living with him. So, now my question is should he move his papers in the court to get the full child custody? and once that is obtained do we still have to get a declaration from his ex-wife? Do we need both the documents is my question.
Probably best to get both/all documents

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I will be sponsoring my wife who is currently in Dubai and I would like to get some information about the following please:?

1. She applied for a visitor's visa December 2016 unfortunately, she got denied. I was not the one who invited her to come here (we asked someone). Will that affect my sponsorship to her?

2. She was given the UCI for that application, should we use in filling out her Generic application form or just leave it blank?

3. We need to print out our conversation and it's a LOT, any tips on how to do it? Maybe get the oldest conversation and the newest ones or what would be a good choice?

4. It is not in English, can I just translate it and have it notarized or translating it is enough?

Thanks for the help!

Jpj_01

Nov 27, 2016
Hello guyz how r u ?
I m worry abt my case .. im aug 2016 August applicant and in interview que .. so i wanna ask you .. im confused that i lived in southafrica 2010 t0 april 2016 .. in 2010 i applied for asylum in South Africa.. i stayed there as a asylum seekers then i got married with black lady and i got my TRP for one year .. but unfortunately we divorced in 2014 october and then u got overstay there and came back to pakistan in 2016 back and got marry with canadian girl .. and in nikkah nama ( certificate ) i mention im single in pakistan and i wrote single there ..should i have to tell them im divorced in south africa or not ?
What shoul i have to do ? Please rep me expert
Now im in interview que ..

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello,

I will be sponsoring my wife who is currently in Dubai and I would like to get some information about the following please:?

1. She applied for a visitor's visa December 2016 unfortunately, she got denied. I was not the one who invited her to come here (we asked someone). Will that affect my sponsorship to her?

2. She was given the UCI for that application, should we use in filling out her Generic application form or just leave it blank?

3. We need to print out our conversation and it's a LOT, any tips on how to do it? Maybe get the oldest conversation and the newest ones or what would be a good choice?

4. It is not in English, can I just translate it and have it notarized or translating it is enough?

Thanks for the help!
1. No, it will not affect.
2.Yes, you need to use her UCI in all the forms where it is required. It's issued once and for life time.
3. I had a separate document where I described our relationship adding screenshots of our emails, Viber/Skype/Facebook chats, common photos, hotel reservations and plane tickets to confirm. Of course you don't need to attach 100% of your communication, just some highlights from different time frames.
4. It's enough just to translate them in English, you can do it on your own.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello guyz how r u ?
I m worry abt my case .. im aug 2016 August applicant and in interview que .. so i wanna ask you .. im confused that i lived in southafrica 2010 t0 april 2016 .. in 2010 i applied for asylum in South Africa.. i stayed there as a asylum seekers then i got married with black lady and i got my TRP for one year .. but unfortunately we divorced in 2014 october and then u got overstay there and came back to pakistan in 2016 back and got marry with canadian girl .. and in nikkah nama ( certificate ) i mention im single in pakistan and i wrote single there ..should i have to tell them im divorced in south africa or not ?
I guess they are inviting you for the interview because you tried to hide your previous marriage and divorce. Better to tell them the whole truth.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guyz how r u ?
Would also assume that if they know about previous marriage and asylum claim that it looks like you have been "country shopping".

Jpj_01

Nov 27, 2016
No they put me in interview que coz about my wife's 2nd marriage Nd she did submit her school certificate .. so they think i have university digree and wife is uneducated ..
I guess they are inviting you for the interview because you tried to hide your previous marriage and divorce. Better to tell them the whole truth.

ranne08

Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone, I have a question hope you can help me. I have a plan to sponsor my bf unfortunately he is still legally married to his ex wife. But we were together for about 4years (live in). Can I still get him? What would be the documents or steps to do? Thanks in advance!

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
I received a letter on Friday morning saying: "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately with details concerning your situation.:". The letter has some details about sending a passport and filling up an annex A form.

Few Questions:
- Does this serve as a decision made letter or what for those who have been through this process before?

- It says: "If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.". Does that mean I need to send my wife's & Daughter's passports even though they are Canadians?

Last edited: