07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
kam1982 said:
will we run into any issues with the immigration officer upon arrival together at the airport in Canada?
If we have a PR application pending and she wants to visit, will they question that and have grounds to refuse her entry? Or have any impact on the application itself?
To qualify as a visitor, they will need to be sure that she is only coming temporarily and will return to Australia at the end of her visit. In practice, she might not have to if the application is approved, but they will want to make sure that she won't be stranded in Canada without enough money to buy a ticket to go back to Australia if the PR application is denied. The people at the airport are really not hired to see if they think your application is legitimate, only to make sure that visitors are not coming permanently.

Having a PR application already submitted, or at least having paid the fee on one, at a minimum, reassures them that you are serious about doing things legally, but they really would like to see a return ticket and they would like her to have strong ties to Australia that would compel her to return after her visit. Normally, if there is evidence of a PR application, they will have no problem authorizing a visit.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE

IMM-5490

DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
9. Describe how your relationship developed after your first contact/meeting with your sponsor and if you and your sponsor dated or went on any
outings or trips together. Provide photos and documentary evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.
If insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper.

MAINTAINING CONTACT
24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?

By answering question 9 and question 24, would I not be writing the same thing twice?
My wife and I don't live together. She lives in Canada and I live in the US. The only way we spend time together is when she visits me here. Should i write the same thing twice. Or what have you guys done?

ufa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parceromiguel said:
SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE

IMM-5490

DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
9. Describe how your relationship developed after your first contact/meeting with your sponsor and if you and your sponsor dated or went on any
outings or trips together. Provide photos and documentary evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.
If insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper.

MAINTAINING CONTACT
24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?

By answering question 9 and question 24, would I not be writing the same thing twice?
My wife and I don't live together. She lives in Canada and I live in the US. The only way we spend time together is when she visits me here. Should i write the same thing twice. Or what have you guys done?
I'm no expert, and we haven't even filed yet, but thought I'd let you know what we did.

We had a very lengthy explanation for question 9, talking about the various visits in either direction. Whereas for question 24, just put the basics of the trips - the times and where we stayed (together). In the 'extra proof' section we included pictures and point form of the activities we did while together on each trip.

A bit repetitive, but different context. Question 9 dealt more with our relationship, whereas q 24 more with events and places.

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
BeShoo said:
To qualify as a visitor, they will need to be sure that she is only coming temporarily and will return to Australia at the end of her visit. In practice, she might not have to if the application is approved, but they will want to make sure that she won't be stranded in Canada without enough money to buy a ticket to go back to Australia if the PR application is denied. The people at the airport are really not hired to see if they think your application is legitimate, only to make sure that visitors are not coming permanently.

Having a PR application already submitted, or at least having paid the fee on one, at a minimum, reassures them that you are serious about doing things legally, but they really would like to see a return ticket and they would like her to have strong ties to Australia that would compel her to return after her visit. Normally, if there is evidence of a PR application, they will have no problem authorizing a visit.
We will be paying in full for the application via internet before lodging.
We're also buying a 2 way ticket for her.Which for some reason is much cheaper then a one way...

Now, just thought of something else:
Will it be a problem is her return date is beyond the 6 month visitor status?
Can we just set the book a return date set at a few weeks before 6 months are up?

sameer811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
22 june 15
Nomination.....
21 aug 15
hi n salam to all im new i wnna know how i can my post share to u all ? plz reply

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
kam1982 said:
Will it be a problem is her return date is beyond the 6 month visitor status?

Can we just set the book a return date set at a few weeks before 6 months are up?
Yes, I think that a return date beyond 6 months would be a problem. A return date a few weeks before that deadline should be fine. Asking to stay for a full 6 months might also be a problem, because it might sound to some immigration officers that you were asking for exactly 6 months because you never intended to leave.

Adamantya

Feb 15, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, a Canadian living in Shanghai planning to sponsor my Chinese husband. I have two questions about the Application to Sponsor and Undertaking. The first is, which family members should I include in the "Non-Accompanying Family Members" section? The instructions that came with all the forms (I'm from Quebec so I only need to complete the Application&Undertaking and Sponsor Questionnaire for now) seem to say that 'family members' only includes spouse and dependent children, and the section does have check boxes for spouse, common law partner, dependent child or other. What I would like to know is, is there any where on this form where I have to list my husband's parents and sister? None of them will be accompanying us, although we would like them to be able to obtain visitor visas in the future. He has no children, dependent or otherwise, and no previous marriage. Do I include parents/sister, check "other" and specify parent/sister? Or will his other family members be asked about in forms that Quebec sends after Mississauga approves me for sponsorship?

The other question is, the instructions say that if there is something that does not apply to us, we should write 'not applicable', because if anything is left blank, the forms will be returned to us unprocessed. But if I am only sponsoring my husband, section B (co-signer) and D (adoption) as well as accompanying family members in C clearly don't apply to us; do I still have to fill every single blank with "Not Applicable"?

Thank you very much for any advice. I hope I am not asking a question that has been answered elsewhere; I have looked through a few threads but this website is very extensive so I can't read everything : )

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If not applicable is too long to write, you can write n/a

Your husbands parents and sister will be listed on the additional family information form only.

Jan 27, 2011
ramandaman2011 said:
Hi ,

I sponsor my wife and today I received a "Decision Made "letter from CIC saying my husband and me are meeting the requirements. They said processing of application has been completed and Canada Immigration Centre in Kitchener will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

I am wondering if anybody knows how long it will take to make a final decision or may be for permanent resident card or what is the next step now?
I will really appreciate if someone can tell me specially about Kitchener Immigration centre when they will contact me?

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
hey there
everyone,, i wana knw...does ny one has file no. wid fxxxxxx
mine has chnged frm bxxxxxxx to fxxxxxxx...........
n cn nybody explain wat does dat means??????????

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
hi my wife is sponsoring me she is living in Canada.by birth..and i live in Pakistan.when the marriage certificate (nikah nama)had written. in marriage certificate where is the option bride address...there we wrote the Pakistani address which address is her aunt address .because the mulana says if you write the Canada address this marriage certificate has not registered in Pakistan..that's why we wrote the Pakistan address in bride address.but now people says that you had to wrote the bride address in bride address option in marriage certificate...and we have also registered a marriage certificate both Urdu marriage certificate and English which is the translate in English from Urdu original marriage certificate has registerd from union conceal and ministry of foreign affairs..when marriage had been done...
if we do again wrote the marriage certificate (nikah nama) first of all we need to remove the previous address from govt and foreign affairs and union conceal,and collect the all person for signature who is there at the time of marriage this is a long process and it take much time..

i want to know that if i submit this marriage certificate as it is!! could it create problem??and it create any objections for my case??
if any one has know about it then please help me..

bilawal

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Bilawal I think what you're stating is if you could use the "religious" marriage certificate as opposed to the "civil" marriage certificate.
IF so, then yes it will create a problem for you.

As it states in the CIC website :

You are a spouse if you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legally valid.

If you were married in Canada:

* You must have a marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place.

If you were married outside Canada:

* The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
* A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.

So, if you want to apply for spousal sponsorship you need to be married legally and not just religiously.
Hope this helps.

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
no dear its not my question i think u have not understand my question..what i want to say..

i and 'my wife are Muslims and in our marriage certificate we wrote wrong address in bride address i am asking that if i submit my marriage certificate as it is? does it create problem for me...or any objection on my case from the cic or Islamabad embassy??

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DECLARATION OF COMMON LAW FORM

SENIORS AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE USED THIS FORM PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

MY PARTNER IS FROM CANADA AND I AM PRESENTLY IN THE PHILIPPINES. I AM APPLYING FOR TOURISTS VISA WHILE WAITING FOR THE DECISION OF MY ANNULMENT THIS MARCH OF 2011. WE HAVE A 14 MONTHS OLD BABY GIRL, AND I WILL BE ABLE TO SEND HER APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP BY NEXT MONTH... SHE'S A CANADIAN BY DESCENT.

UNDER STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON-LAW UNION MAY I ASK WHO IS THE DECLARANT? ME OR MY PARTNER IN CANADA? IF HIM WE WILL USE HIS HOME ADDRESS THERE. I WILL SEND HIM THE FORM AND LET HIM SIGN AND EMAIL SCAN IT BACK TO ME. AND I WILL HAVE THIS FORM NOTARIZED HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES SINCE I WILL SUBMIT MY APPLICATION FROM HERE AT MANILA OFFICE.

WILL THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE HONOR THIS? THOUGH HE WILL SIGN IT IN CANADA AND ME HERE? PLEASE I NEED ADVICE.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

ESTHER