+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prvc said:
New kit apps have a messed up timeline now, so it's really hard to say. But in my case (old kit app), we had the SA after 26 days.

They haven't been really consistent with their ways since transitioning from 'send everything upfront' to 'don't send 'em all yet.' You have to visit the March applicants' thread to track the progress of the apps. New applicants are being requested to upload documents (PCCs and Schedule A) and to undergo medical first before 'File Transfer.'

Typical timeframe from SA to AOR2 would depend on the local Visa Office. For example, my VO (Manila) sent me an AOR2 7 days after the SA. However, some VOs don't sent out the AOR2.
I agree that new kits have messed up timeline, but i do NOT understand where you got the info like "to undergo medical first before 'File Transfer.' ". Can you give us an example where this has happened and what were the timelines.....

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prvc said:
I'll correct myself, some if not all applicants are being requested for a medical first before file transfer. I'll go find that for you.
That would be helpful, to know, if any such case exists. Brings a new spin, so pls let us know.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QUERY TO SENIORS/EXPERIENCED MEMBERS ONLY
Any idea if previous Visitor Visa rejections have any implications on the Outland Spousal Applications. Sponsor's family tried to support current applicants Visitor Visa application but was rejected for vague reasons.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ak_indi said:
QUERY TO SENIORS/EXPERIENCED MEMBERS ONLY
Any idea if previous Visitor Visa rejections have any implications on the Outland Spousal Applications. Sponsor's family tried to support current applicants Visitor Visa application but was rejected for vague reasons.
no, visitor visa rejections have no negative impact on a PR application. it is quite common for someone to be refused a visitor visa and approved for PR.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prvc said:
This could be an isolated case where a medical is requested before file transfer. But who knows...

Follow his posts and read more:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/Db1980-u648655.html;sa,showPosts
This is indeed a unique case based on his posts and information provided.

And I agree that they might have changed the way they handle the things now. If that is the case, it would be an another step forward to leave very minimal job for Local Visa Office, to speed up processing.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
no, visitor visa rejections have no negative impact on a PR application. it is quite common for someone to be refused a visitor visa and approved for PR.
Thanks for reply (and assurance) ;)

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
blanchiedoodles said:
So here goes.. Apparently when I had my medical results submitted to CIC it showed negative to pregnancy test and had the go signal to be given an MMR Vaccine (mumps, measles and rubella) last February 25. Haven't had my monthly visit this month and to our surprise, I'm pregnant! I know this might be quite alarming considering the danger of MMR administered was within the 1 month time frame. Now, when I checked my husband's ECAS (principal applicant), it showed that decision had been made.

Here are some questions:

a. Do I have to update CIC on current pregnancy?
b. Re: decision has been made, I believe this falls at either interview, approval or rejection, or even request for additional information. What's the time frame for this? My husband already submitted his passport last January. Mine is still with unless they give out request for visa mail.

We are all excited with the pregnancy and with the current status of our application.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you! :)
Hi, Congratulations.
1. You don't need to inform cic until the baby is Born.
2. The time frame would depend on which VO is dealing with your file? You can always have a search for a thread for that VO and have a look at other peoples timelines to get an idea. I don't think your PPR email will be too far away though.

Feb 15, 2017
Emily12 said:
Hi, Congratulations.
1. You don't need to inform cic until the baby is Born.
2. The time frame would depend on which VO is dealing with your file? You can always have a search for a thread for that VO and have a look at other peoples timelines to get an idea. I don't think your PPR email will be too far away though.
Thank you very much! :) Received PPR by March 21. Visa office is in Ottawa but I'm currently here in the Philippines. I heard that this might go quite fast and passport will most likely be back within a month's time. Would you know the timeline once I receive back the passport? Are there any other process that needs to be accomplished?

Thanks again for your time..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
blanchiedoodles said:
Thank you very much! :) Received PPR by March 21. Visa office is in Ottawa but I'm currently here in the Philippines. I heard that this might go quite fast and passport will most likely be back within a month's time. Would you know the timeline once I receive back the passport? Are there any other process that needs to be accomplished?
From your previous posts, you are a dependent in your husband's PNP app. This section of the forum is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their family members, which is entirely different from your situation.

You should post in the PNP section if you want accurate advice.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have got the AOR1, got the SA, also linked the application 5 days back but still no document request online (except for email to wait for a correspondence 5 days back for documents)
We are waiting with Sch A and PCC in hand...

How long do we have to wait after SA and linking app to get document request online...
Suggestions please

Chachatsina

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 28, 2017
AOR Received.
Application received: February 10, 2017 AOR 1: March 4, 2017. SA received: March 13, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront medical done November 17, 2016
ak_indi said:
We have got the AOR1, got the SA, also linked the application 5 days back but still no document request online (except for email to wait for a correspondence 5 days back for documents)

How long do we have to wait after SA and linking app to get document request online...
Suggestions please
I have same timeline with you. They say 5 days for Schedule A until now no email..

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,,,

do the indian applicant need to attested the voter id copy and 10th matriculation certificate from notary ??

jigneshshah87

Oct 21, 2015
ak_indi said:

Suggestions please

hi
i have question, i send my application mar 9th 2017, i just received it back :( highlighted the check list as in picture below.

i was wondering if you can help me documents for page 7 of 5533 checklist saying one document from 3 of the following sets of options
please advise me so that way i can get documents done and resubmit the file.
if you can give any of your personal contact that would be appreciated too.
Thank you for any help bro!