+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Feb 15, 2017
charan9985 said:
Thank you so much.. are you sure its 3 to 4 months if i sponsor my wife right now. Because i already sent my passport to them and if it took more time to process my wife PR application.. i will be waiting with out my passport.. Do you know any body with the same case in recent times.. because i want to make sure about the processing times...
Hi Charan.. we have almost the same situation just this year. My husband had AOR for AINP-PR last November 2015, due to some circumstances there was a delay in his process and went back to the Philippines. Just this January 2017, he received PPR and was only able to update his marital status at the same time (got married June 2016). Passport was sent including my documents, etc for spousal application. Request for medical was given to me after a month. According to the immigration lawyer, it should be about two months but they have had from 2 weeks to 5 months ad a couple of times, a full year. So for now, we are left to wait with my husbands passport with them.

Better to have your wife's application included.. or if not, waiting time for the process would be much too long for both of you.

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress Since 12 Jan 2016
Final decision Not Started

Any expectation for my status ?

Thanks

Chachatsina

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 28, 2017
AOR Received.
Application received: February 10, 2017 AOR 1: March 4, 2017. SA received: March 13, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront medical done November 17, 2016
barch88 said:
Background check in progress as of 2/28. You can see my other timeline next to my name.
Thankyou po. Ang bilis pala ng progress nung inyo. Ung samin january 28 ipinass. Wala p balita

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
I submitted my required documents via mail and myCic both in December. MyCic status says 'provided' but hasn't changed to 'received' yet. How long does it usually take to respond? I haven't received any corresponding and have no idea if they have received it or not. Makes me worry :-(

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Hasan2016 said:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress Since 12 Jan 2016
Final decision Not Started

Any expectation for my status ?

Thanks
Can someone help here?!
Thanks,

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Tdot_Boy said:
Can someone help here?!
Thanks,
What exactly is your question? Are you looking for average timelines?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Joyce_tosf said:
What exactly is your question? Are you looking for average timelines?
I am guessing Hasan2016 is asking about how long it could take!
Thanks,

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey guys!!
I landed in Canada a month ago but notice that my ecas is still showing my previous home address and not my Canadian address.. Will this be an issue to get my PR card? I did indicate to the CBSA officer that my address on my COPR is where my card should be sent to.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Stuntxd9 said:
Hey guys!!
I landed in Canada a month ago but notice that my ecas is still showing my previous home address and not my Canadian address.. Will this be an issue to get my PR card? I did indicate to the CBSA officer that my address on my COPR is where my card should be sent to.
no, don't worry about what's in ECAS. it has no impact on your PR card processing. The card will be processed based on the application the CBSA officer sent on your behalf, and it will be sent to the address you gave them at landing.

junerkashif

May 27, 2016
Why do these people take so long? God this waiting can sure take a toll on a "GENUINE" marriage. Submitted my spousal sponsorship application March 7, 2016, acknowledgement etc rec'd. Request for more proof of relationship, PR applicant sent and still waiting for a reply as today's date.
Anyone here know the whoooole entire steps of this process????

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
junerkashif said:
Why do these people take so long? God this waiting can sure take a toll on a "GENUINE" marriage. Submitted my spousal sponsorship application March 7, 2016, acknowledgement etc rec'd. Request for more proof of relationship, PR applicant sent and still waiting for a reply as today's date.
Anyone here know the whoooole entire steps of this process????
what visa office is the application at?

when were the extra documents requested?

Feb 18, 2017
Hooray!!! We finally received our PPR!!

Now we're confused by which fees need to be paid, and for which services, to the VAC in Tokyo?
Service Charge for Application Handling — Price per Applicant*
Does per applicant mean a total of 2 - 1 each for my wife and child, or is it just 1 for the primary applicant?

Do we need the following as well?
Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Philippines, upon request by Visa Office (for example, electronic application) - Price per Passport(CVAC→Manila→CVAC)

One other issue that has left us scratching out heads:
When we initially applied to CPC-M they for some reason decided that we didn't need to apply for PR for our son because he "may be eligible for citizenship" and before sending our case to Manila they sent me back the $150 fee for his sponsorship. I has to clarify that from my understanding he would not be eligible for citizenship due to the first generation rule (I was born outside Canada and became a dual-citizen in my teens) at which point they agreed and added him back in to our application... How do I go about paying the $150 for his sponsorship again and who would I send the receipt to (or does it just need to be in the system)?

SO close now, and yet still so confusing!

Thanks again for all of the amazing support on this board.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
no, don't worry about what's in ECAS. it has no impact on your PR card processing. The card will be processed based on the application the CBSA officer sent on your behalf, and it will be sent to the address you gave them at landing.
Thank you

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Is there a way to email the CIC to find out what's going on with my application? It's been eight weeks and I'm still waiting for SA. I think someone in one of the monthly threads tried phoning the call centre number and was told to just keep checking online. I'm a bit worried that my file might have somehow been forgotten once it was entered into the system.

Edit: I found the web form and submitted an inquiry. They will probably decide the issue falls within normal processing times and won't bother responding, but I hope, at the very least, it lights a fire under someone and gets us moving forward. Oy.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Please Help! Confused about Schedule A!

Hi everyone,

My Partner (PA) received an email today from CIC requesting us to send via email or mail a completed Schedule A and Schedule 1. The letter is as follows:

Date: March 2, 2017

UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application:XXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXX (applicant) :

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence as a member of the Family Class received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter (2017/04/01).

UCI # XXXXX - (Name of applicant):

> Schedule 1: A separate and newly completed Supplement to Schedule 1 Background

Declaration form found in the IMM3908. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/01

> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration

form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/01

If Submitting the Documents via Mail/E-mail

All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193,

Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520,

Mexico D.F. Mexico

E-mail: MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that you originally provided which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

My questions are as follows:

1) My partner (PA) can only send a letter through courier or postal service or via email to the email address provided?

The reason I am asking is because when I go into myCIC account and look under View my applications, the option was made available to upload both of these forms.
However, we are hesitant to do so because in the above letter is stated we need to send Schedule A (IMM 5669) signed bearing an original signature (so that means no electronic uploads even though that option is available in myCIC account with linked application?)

If we were to send the letter via email, do we scan a printed copy with the original signature? It's just more of a hassle to send the document by courier and I'm afraid that the more hands that are involved in transferring the document, the more chance it will get lost.

Anyways, if anyone got this kind of letter and/or had dealing with the Mexico VO, please let me know which route you found was the best to get the documents there.

If photocopying and scanning the forms and then emailing them worked for anyone before, let me know. Am leaning towards doing it this way.

Thanks in advance, sorry this is so long.