+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mk29

Jan 19, 2011
I called the CIC and they said even though they dont use the birth certificate for anything other than checking birth date (which is on 10th grade marksheet too), it totally depends on the officer who works on the application.

1. The document checklist says if birth certificate is not available then we can submit the 10th mark sheet AND voters ID. Did you any of you have to submit the voters ID too for any reason?

2. Also I don't know if anyone has had this problem about the name on different documents. In India people use first name and last name initials on a lot of documents, except on passport.(due to long names) In this case there is an issue of names not matching. My spouse has her first name and last name initials on her 10th mark-sheet and PAN card (Indian SIN card) and birth certificate, however the passport has her full first name, middle name and last name. Would there be a problem in matching identities. If so, what is a solution to prove that all the documents are of the same person that will be acceptable by CIC.

Thanks.

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Like i said in my reply, my spouse's father gave a notarized declaration on a stamp paper stating that they dont have the birth certificate and that he is their son, born on blah blah on blah blah etc
Along with this, my spouse submitted the 10th class certificate and mark sheet supporting this...In india 10th class certificates act as birth cert.

yes to voter id - we did. But i dont kno if they would care if u didnt.
We did just in case!

Anyways we asked ND embassy/VO itself (not just CIC) & they said what we got (all of the above) is acceptable n good enough!!

As for the different names not matching..i dont really know. My husband has a simple short first name and simple short last name so we didn t have that issue. I would think that the solution could be simply getting it notarized letter from a notary saying its the same person..u would have to appear in front of a notary n u would have to take all the documents with u to a notary! Well u or spouse..whoever docs they r.

Why dont u post ur Q on the ND 2010 thread...they are all ppl applyin for sponsorship thru new delhi. Some r more ahead in their app than others. Some may have had this issue before.

shero

Oct 27, 2010
Hi all, need help please

i just recived letter from the CIC and they told me that i had met the federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

they send a copy of the application for Permanent Residence to the visa office in mexico city

they told me i have to submit an undertaking application and pay the fees to provincial government cause i live in quebec

can anyone tell me the name of the application and how many application i should fill and how to pay the money if i dont have visa
thanks alot

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shero said:
Hi all, need help please

i just recived letter from the CIC and they told me that i had met the federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

they send a copy of the application for Permanent Residence to the visa office in mexico city

they told me i have to submit an undertaking application and pay the fees to provincial government cause i live in quebec

can anyone tell me the name of the application and how many application i should fill and how to pay the money if i dont have visa
thanks alot
It's called a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ). Follow the instructions from this link.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/index.html

shero

Oct 27, 2010
thanks alot
when i went to the site i choosed this link
now which kit should i download
if its kit A
should i download all the applications
please help

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shero said:
thanks alot
when i went to the site i choosed this link
now which kit should i download
if its kit A
should i download all the applications
please help

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html
Kit A if you are sponsoring your spouse and/or dependent child. Download and complete those application forms per the instructions on the website.

shero

Oct 27, 2010
thanks alot for ur help
when i checked kit A
it seems that its only 3 appication i have to fill and 2 applications are guide
i have question
they say i have to fill the french application
and on of the 3 application is in english
Application for Selection Certificate - Family class (Dynamic PDF, 441 Kb)

what shall i do ?

and about the payment can i pay in post canada ?

thanks again

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shero said:
thanks alot for ur help
when i checked kit A
it seems that its only 3 appication i have to fill and 2 applications are guide
i have question
they say i have to fill the french application
and on of the 3 application is in english
Application for Selection Certificate - Family class (Dynamic PDF, 441 Kb)

what shall i do ?

and about the payment can i pay in post canada ?

thanks again
You need to follow the instructions! It gives you an English translation of the form so you know what to fill in each area on the French form. If you don't understand this, you may need to hire a representative to help you or get someone who does understand it to sit with you while you fill it out. Unfortunately, I can't sit beside you and walk you through each step.

You can pay the fee using other methods. See: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/fees-required.html

mehrnoush

Jan 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
09-06-2010
Med's Request
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
hi everybody
I sent my doc to Damascus visa office on 9,jun,2010. they requested some other doc on july and i sent them on 26 aug 2010, do anybody know when they are going to request my passport to issue my visa?
tnx

zeepo

Jan 23, 2011
Hi Leon,
found your thread really helpful. I wondered if you could advise me on a few things:
1. I am a Canadian living with my husband and daughter (she is Canadian too) in India and we now want to apply for his immigration to Canada as we plan to settle there. I have no income to show although my spouse has assets to show that will support us while we are in Canada till we both land a job. Do let me know if this can pave a problem for us.
2. I can provide letters from my sisters and parents who also are Canadians and reside in Canada, that they will help us and keep us till we are settled.Will that be helpful?
3. I do plan to apply to my previous employer in Canada for a job and others as well to show my serious intent to return.
4. Lastly, I will apply from India as I am a non resident Canadian....is that a better option than me going back and getting a job and then applying for him? Also would our daughter who is canadian, be included in the application as his dependent?

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated as there is so much info on this and so many forms to submit, I wanted to do this correctly and in the quickest manner possible.

Thanks in advance.

[

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. There are no income requirements for spousal sponsorships.
2. Letters from relatives stating that they know of your plans and will help you settle can be helpful to show your intent to return to Canada when your spouse gets PR.
3. Having a job offer is also helpful.
4a. Applying from outside Canada, you must prove that you have plans to move to Canada. If you go to Canada and then apply to sponsor, you don't have to prove that but you will either be apart or your spouse gets a TRV but then can wait in Canada but can not work.
4b. As it says on the form, you should only enter family members on there who are not PR or Canadian citizens. The daughter will only be mentioned in the additional family information form.

keah

Jan 23, 2011
hi what if my fiance is in canada for a short period time? can he apply for a fiance visa? what if we have a child but were not married yet what visa would he apply for us to get us there in Canada?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ha100

Jan 21, 2011
I need help on outland sponsorship

I am a Canadian citizen, have been living and working in Canada for the past 10 years
I have known a girl who lives in Cairo, EGY for about a year and we decided to get married.
She has visitor visa to Canada, multiple entry and she visited her brother in Canada last Nov.
and now she is back home. Her visitor visa is still valid for 3 months.

I need help to decide on the fastest and best way to bring her in Canada without making mistakes and delays during sponsorship application.

I can think of two options:

1. Get married in Cairo, bring her with me to Canada on her visitor visa and then apply outland
would this be considered as dual intent and complicate the application later on?

2. She comes to Canada with her visitor visa (i.e. 3 months remaining), then we get married in Canada, then apply outland or inland. If we apply outland, I understand that she may go back for interview but is it possible to extend her visitor visa while waiting for outland application?
Is inland better choice in this case?

I would appreciate any feedback or advice

Thanks
HA