+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Happy New year to all, After almost 10 months of processing ...today we finally got communication from our Lawyer, However it was not the the news we were hoping for ...... Husbands Medicals expired December 21st 2016 and the last response from our lawyer was that he was expecting the next communication would be be a request to redo Medicals ... This is what we received today ...........
Good afternoon from Rome,
We apologise for the delay in replying to your email due to high volumes.

This is to advise you that Rome is responsible for processing applications from residents of Malta. This file is in a queue of files awaiting interview during our next trip to Malta. We do not currently have a date for this interview trip.

Our Lawyer is now in the process of ordering notes to help prepare us for this, I wasn't expecting this at all , seeing that we have been living together for the last three plus years in Malta, So I'm guessing a red flag has popped up so where in our Application ... Not really sure if they will actually travel to Malta for the Interviewor not ...... I don't have a good feeling about this latest communication , would have felt better if the email also included a request to redo Medical , Anyone got Input on this , thanks in Advance

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
When asked to do an interview they usually wait to see if the interview is successful and if it is they ask to redo the medical. I suggest you have your lawyer ask for the Gcms notes on your file so you can see what the reasons for asking for an interview are. Or at least see what info has been put in the file by agents. My spouse went through the interview was denied and than we started appeal and won the appeal Dec 20,2016.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Write Canada. There is no need to put her home country. Try not to listen to the "someones" out there who think they know all about this process.

It seems that the only real difference between inland and outland with the new application package is where the app is processed.
Last questions! IMM5669(new) Question 6 (personal History) and 10 (Addresses)
She went visit family in home country for 1 month for december to january. Should i add this only in personal history or addresses also?

/cheer ;D

gatwiser

Jan 8, 2017
Hello:

I am new to this forum. I am applying for my spouse who is in India. I am Canadian and I have children ( also Canadian) with my spouse.

As I collect documents for her, the document checklist is suggesting photocopies while the India specific documents (Birth Certificates or Matriculation Certificatesl) as originals to be supplied. India only provides 1 original. These are the only ones that my wife has. Would a notarized copy of the original be acceptable. Does anyone have experience sending originals and getting the originals back from CIC? I am in the final stages of sending the application, but this is holding me back. I would be thankful if someone can please respond to this. I am confused as to the document checklist requesting photocopies only while India specific is saying send originals.

gatwiser

Jan 8, 2017
Hi All:

My question is around IMM5562E, the supplementary travel documentation for the past 10 years for SPONSOR, is it travel documentation from the country Spouse (being sponsored) resides in or all travels for the Sponsor (where ever) they have traveled in the last 10 Years. How can I specify if the passport is not showing the country of entry and exit and since it difficult to remember the exact travel dates or year. Any advise here?

Regards

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
gatwiser said:
Hi All:
My question is around IMM5562E, the supplementary travel documentation for the past 10 years for SPONSOR, is it travel documentation from the country Spouse (being sponsored) resides in or all travels for the Sponsor (where ever) they have traveled in the last 10 Years. How can I specify if the passport is not showing the country of entry and exit and since it difficult to remember the exact travel dates or year. Any advise here?
Regards
I just checked this document for the first time so i'm not 100% sure... but it look obvious
You have to list every time someone exited the country EVERY TRIP what so ever
You might have to get police certificate if you stayed more then 6 months a foreing country..
Double check if i'm right. not 100% sure

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Wenliying said:
Hi, My study permit expired on Nov 30. And I dropped out of school in the middle of September, cuz I went back to my country to get married.
You are currently out of status. If your school notified IRCC that you were no longer attending classes, then it's possible that you've been out of status since September. You can try to apply for restoration of status along with your OWP, but if you have been out of status since September, then you are outside the 90 day window, so you would need to wait until AIP to apply for your OWP.

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
MilesAway said:
You are currently out of status. If your school notified IRCC that you were no longer attending classes, then it's possible that you've been out of status since September. You can try to apply for restoration of status along with your OWP, but if you have been out of status since September, then you are outside the 90 day window, so you would need to wait until AIP to apply for your OWP.
What AIP means? I'm received an email from CIC says they are starting process my application, is that AIP? Or I have to wait another notice from CIC? If I'm out of restoration time am I gonna send back to my country?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Wenliying said:
What AIP means? I'm received an email from CIC says they are starting process my application, is that AIP? Or I have to wait another notice from CIC? If I'm out of restoration time am I gonna send back to my country?
Approval in principle. A notice stating that you are eligible to apply for a Canadian PR.

Since you are inland, your application will still be processed, but under Public Policy -- meaning they will continue to work on it, understanding that you are out of status. The CBSA could attempt to enforce, because you're technically overstaying. However, the likelihood that they would bother is pretty low, given that there is a PR application in play.

I have only read one such case where they tried to take removal action, but because there was a PR application in play, they granted a deferral, and CBSA requested CIC "hurry up". Once AIP is reached, the removal action is stayed indefinitely.

So, unlikely, but possible that they might seek to talk with you.

oba_14

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2017
AOR Received.
04-07-2017
Hello, I am a PR of Canada and just got married in India. I am planning to sponsor my wife and one of the requirements were to have the passport size photos of my wife. I am not sure what size photos I should ask her to get. Can you guys please help.

Thanks

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
oba_14 said:
Hello, I am a PR of Canada and just got married in India. I am planning to sponsor my wife and one of the requirements were to have the passport size photos of my wife. I am not sure what size photos I should ask her to get. Can you guys please help.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/photos.asp

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gatwiser said:
Hello:

I am new to this forum. I am applying for my spouse who is in India. I am Canadian and I have children ( also Canadian) with my spouse.

As I collect documents for her, the document checklist is suggesting photocopies while the India specific documents (Birth Certificates or Matriculation Certificatesl) as originals to be supplied. India only provides 1 original. These are the only ones that my wife has. Would a notarized copy of the original be acceptable. Does anyone have experience sending originals and getting the originals back from CIC? I am in the final stages of sending the application, but this is holding me back. I would be thankful if someone can please respond to this. I am confused as to the document checklist requesting photocopies only while India specific is saying send originals.

Where are you seeing this in the India-specific requirements? I only see instructions for if a birth was registered late.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

1 more question raised :) Currently i am living with my husband in Dubai Almost everything ready to proceed Out-land Application, Do i need a letter from my Father because we will stay in my Father,s house until we got new job in Canada. is it required???

Thanks