Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Bilawal, oh bhai jan...

your case will accept in Canada but not in Pakistan...when your case will study here there are more chance to refuse...

you should have any picture with her together in function

so don't waste your time and money muximus was saying 100% right

so my request is don't waste time to doing all this call her to come Pakistan and have 'rukhsaty' and

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
thanks masood bhai,

thanks for guide
and also thanks for maximus...

if my wife cam here and then do function..then how much time it takes??for visa??

M

maximus391

bilawal said:
thanks masood bhai,

thanks for guide
and also thanks for maximus...

if my wife cam here and then do function..then how much time it takes??for visa??
Now a days it takes 16-20 months to get a visa for husband after the processing starts in Islamabad. This is the best case scenario if there is no doubt about your relationship in the eyes of immigration officer

Jenloy

Jan 18, 2011
Hi Leon,

Your post was super helpful in answering some of the more detailed questions about spousal sponsorship! Thanks a bunch. I do have a few more questions I was hoping you could help us with.

I am a U.S. citizen and I am engaged to a Canadian citizen (he moved to the states 18 years ago). We have been dating/living together for the past 5 years. My fiance and I are interested in moving to Toronto (to stay indefinitely) after we get married in the Spring (looking to move in the Summer 2011). I think we are a fairly cut and dry case but I have a few questions I hope you could shed some light on, maybe even give us some advise as to the best way to proceed...

1. My Fiance is a permanent resident in the US, holding a current green card. I was reading that he can sponsor me even though he is not living in Canada. He has lived in the states for 18 years. Still OK? Also, any unforeseen issues of applying so quickly after getting married?

2. He is planing on having a job lined up before we move. I would like to work as well. I read about the open work visa being something that I could get after the first stage of approval in the spousal sponsorship process when applying inland.
Two questions...First of all, should we apply inland or outland? I see the pros of going the outland route being that we could get a jump on the process but then I wonder how I would be able to work once we got there seeing as though we would still most likely be in the process which could take a while (I can not get an open work visa if we do this process outland, correct?).
Secondly, the pro about the inland route would be after the sponsor approval I could get the open work visa and health care (wonderful, but that could be 6-8 months). If we were to go the inland route, how would I be in the country legally while we were waiting those initial 6-8 months for sponsor approval? Just using my passport and say I am visiting? A visitor visa? A work visa separate from the citizenship application? I am conflicted because I really want to work and integrate into the community right away but I also want to be able to visit my family in the states during the process time.

3. Health care. How quickly and under what terms can I get health care? I read it is after 3 months of residency but I am not sure what defines "residency." Would I get health care quicker if we did an inland or outland application?
We are also planning on trying to have a child soon after we get married and I worry about having heath care (well, I wouldn't do that, but not sure what I could/would do if I became pregnant during that time).

I think that covers our initial questions. A thousand thank yous in advance for you help!!!!!

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jenloy, my husband is also a PR card holder here in the States. I am guessing that your fiance retained his Canadian citizenship, yes? I *think* that as long as he still holds Cdn citizenship, that's what matters most. My hubby has been a PR here in the States since 2007. We are going to do outland because of its speed and the option of appeal if needed. As to your other queries, I haven't read far enough into the app process to help you with that one. Maybe Googling the province you plan on living in and reading up on the ins and outs of that particular one would help? Best wishes to you both. :D

Jenloy

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply! There are so many questions, hard to know where to start!

The most recent question on my mind, after writing my first entry, is...seeing how my fiance does not have a job lined up, can we even start the outland process. He can't prove he can support me financially once we move even though we will move with him having a job lined up first, at this point we can not solidly prove this on paper. If he could use his current income, that would be great and we are back to no problems getting started if we decide to go the outland route. I have read conflicting things...if you are married, you do not have to prove financial support and then I read that you do. Which is it?

That brings up my second new question...we would be considered common law until we get married in the spring and is it OK to switch status during the app process. Seems to me that would complicate the process and we don't want to do that.

Anymore thoughts out there?

I am excited to get this process started, we have been looking to do this for a while and he is excited to be closer to family!

binnypandya

Jan 19, 2011
I am hoping that by the end of 2011 i will have my canadian PR and will reach canada in december

I am planning to get married in Jan or Feb 2012 to my fiancée who is a French citizen

How long do I have to stay before I can apply for her PR as a spouse?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear Love_young & Asta,

Thanks for your reply. I already post my "Client history update form" let us see what will happen next, as soon as I recieve anything from immigration I will let you know guys. keep in touch. God bless.........................

Mark_Anna

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Jenloy, your fiance does not have to have meet any financial requirement to sponsor you. If you have been living together for 5 years, you can apply through the common law route, providing you can prove through rent receipts, utility bills, joint bank accounts and such that you have been common law. The one thing that he will have to prove is that when your PR application is approved, that he fully intends on returning to Canada.

As for the health care issue, living in Ontario there is a 3 month waiting period to be eligible for OHIP.

IMO I would apply outland through Buffalo as the applications are mostly approved and finalized long before the first stage of inland processing begins, and not only that, you do retain the right to appeal. As for the open work permit, that is for inland only, and is only available after 1st stage approval, which right now is taking atleast 9 months.

Hope this helps a bit!!

mk29

Jan 19, 2011
Hi

I need to sponsor my wife from India and wanted to know what all documents do i need from her to submit with the application. I'm in Canada and got married in India recently.

She does not have a birth certificate. What other documents can I submit other than birth certificate?
I will submit the Marriage Certificate but that does not contain the birth date.

Thanks
MK.

S

sozxi

Ok for my knowledge, when your visa is stamped- whats the usual validity? Like how long do u usually have to enter before your visa expires?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sozxi said:
Ok for my knowledge, when your visa is stamped- whats the usual validity? Like how long do u usually have to enter before your visa expires?
Usually it is a year after the date of your medicals.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mk29 said:
Hi

I need to sponsor my wife from India and wanted to know what all documents do i need from her to submit with the application. I'm in Canada and got married in India recently.

She does not have a birth certificate. What other documents can I submit other than birth certificate?
I will submit the Marriage Certificate but that does not contain the birth date.

Thanks
MK.
Very often a “Not Found” certificate is issued in lieu of birth certificates. If no one will issue that or a duplicate, you will have to use her school certificates for the DOB. School certificates in India always have the DOB on them. Then explain why she is unable to obtain a birth certificate. This is a common problem in India.

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Well, we got a different answer Nylalisa frm the embassy in New Delhi when we were wondering the same thing (RE: Missing birth certificate). About 3 mths ago.

MK29: My spouse's father gave a notarized declaration on a stamp paper stating that they dont have the birth certificate and that he is their son, born on blah blah on blah blah etc
Along with this, my spouse submitted the 10th class certificate and mark sheet supporting this...In india 10th class certificates act as birth cert.
As per embassy in New Delhi the above is acceptable!!!! Well, when we called in this is the answer we got! Good luck!