17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Wenliying said:
hello all,

I'm new here.
My husband sponsors me to immigrate to Canada, and he just received an email from CIC says they received my application and started processing the application on DEC 21.
We were applying it inside of Canada.
Does that mean I can apply work permit now?
Thank you for your help!!
You could have applied for an Open Work Permit at the same time, so yeah you should be good to apply!

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
It is an issue that they applied as conjugal when there was no barrier to them getting married. Read the definition for applying as conjugal: legal and/or immigration barriers preventing a couple from marrying or cohabiting to become common-law.
There was no barrier at all. They were just hoping the visiting visa would have been given. They wanted to get married preferably here in Canada as soon as she would have gotten her visiting visa which was denied to her and therefore applied as conjugal because they were not married at the time they filed the sponsorship application. They could not have applied as spousal because they were not married yet. The visiting visa for her was never given and therefore he decided to go to her country as it was the only option for them to be married there. I hope now that their application can go ahead as a spousal one instead, unless there is a problem that they have to re-apply from square 1 as a married couple ( spousal). Had he known the visa to visit would have been denied, he would have travelled there last year and gotten married and do the spousal application just after that saving himself a year's worth of waiting.
Hopefully being an outland marriage can result in a faster processing time.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, they were common-law. He needs to declare her as such on IMM1344 and on the checklist.
Thanks. I am learning a lot from this forum. So the common law doesn't need to have any legal papers to prove they were common law? Or any documents that shows they share utility bills, joint bank accounr, etc? How would they know if they really became common law?

I am also scared that If we put her name as common law it would be called misrepresentation because they migh not find evidence that the woman was his past common law partner.

They also don't have any of the proofs mentioned here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

I'm not insisting on anything just want to be clear and I appreciate all your help :)

gbharath2

Aug 1, 2015
Hi ,

I am a December 2015 applicant and finally got my email for passport stamping and sent it today .Since I am in canada I have sent it to Ottawa processing. What are the next steps once it is stamped and timeline. Should i still cross the border since am already inside canada or should i have a visa to USA to cross before i receive a valid PR number .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
Thanks. I am learning a lot from this forum. So the common law doesn't need to have any legal papers to prove they were common law? Or any documents that shows they share utility bills, joint bank accounr, etc? How would they know if they really became common law?

I am also scared that If we put her name as common law it would be called misrepresentation because they migh not find evidence that the woman was his past common law partner.
A couple is common-law after cohabiting for a year in a marriage-like relationship. There is no requirement to have joint bills or accounts or any legal papers. IRCC requires such proofs simply to prevent immigration fraud; for pretty much all other government agencies, it is simply self-declaration.

IRCC is not going to investigate the previous relationship.

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

What sort of questions can we expect at immigration for a spouse visiting to Canada on TRV?
The intention is obviously to stay together and later apply for a sponsorship (outland). Is it ok to mention that my s[ouse is a PR and I am here to visit him but will go back after couple months (which is actually true). What should be the best tactic to handle questions that judge the intent of visit.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
How long it usually takes to get first stage approval? AIP I have understood. I'm late April inland applicant and haven't heard anything from CIC since I got OWP and AOR.

musette

Jan 6, 2015
Question.

I have received the ppr email but my husband (sponsor) can't find his passport. Can I leave his passport info blank and just provide a copy of his proof of citizenship? Any advise?

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
hi need help with questions on the new document check list

1. police certificate and clearance and background check - can my spouse get her "police certificate" before i submit the sponsorship application?
if so, should i attach the police certificate along with the sponsorship application before submitting?
if not, do i have to mail police certificate?

2.medical examination - should my spouse take her medical examination before i submit the sponsorship application? or she will have to wait for CIC asks for the medical examination?

thank you :)

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
GUYS, i sent a document on tuesday to the visa office as it was requested. I just checked my ecas and it says decision made on my wife's permament residency side. But on the Gckey, it says nothing.

ANY IDEAS?

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
bilabongster said:
Hi Guys

What sort of questions can we expect at immigration for a spouse visiting to Canada on TRV?
The intention is obviously to stay together and later apply for a sponsorship (outland). Is it ok to mention that my s[ouse is a PR and I am here to visit him but will go back after couple months (which is actually true). What should be the best tactic to handle questions that judge the intent of visit.
It'd be best to bring/show itinerary for return trip. Bring proof of your ties back to your home country (ie. residence & employment are big ones), and how you plan on supporting yourself on the visit (or letter from your spouse saying that you'll be supported during your visit). If you get pulled into secondary for further questioning, these are the types of questions that they'll ask you, but it's equally likely that if you show an itinerary for your return trip in a couple months, they'll let you through. It's ok to say that you're visiting your spouse, but best to bring marriage certificate too just in case.

Best tactic I can say - be completely truthful when they ask you questions, but don't over-volunteer information that they don't ask you since they'll likely end up questioning you on whatever you say. Whatever you do, don't lie, because they likely will catch you in the lie (spoken from experience). Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gbharath2 said:
I am a December 2015 applicant and finally got my email for passport stamping and sent it today .Since I am in canada I have sent it to Ottawa processing. What are the next steps once it is stamped and timeline. Should i still cross the border since am already inside canada or should i have a visa to USA to cross before i receive a valid PR number .
You will either need to make an appointment to land inside Canada or flagpole at the Canada-US border. You are not required to have a US visa to flagpole, as you don't actually need to enter the US.

bilabongster said:
Be honest. You are visiting your spouse and will be applying for PR. Carry proof of finances and proof of ties to your home country.

musette said:
I have received the ppr email but my husband (sponsor) can't find his passport. Can I leave his passport info blank and just provide a copy of his proof of citizenship? Any advise?
Include a letter stating that he has lost his passport. You don't need to provide his proof of citizenship; they already know he is a citizen.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ojofar said:
hi need help with questions on the new document check list

1. police certificate and clearance and background check - can my spouse get her "police certificate" before i submit the sponsorship application?
if so, should i attach the police certificate along with the sponsorship application before submitting?
if not, do i have to mail police certificate?

2.medical examination - should my spouse take her medical examination before i submit the sponsorship application? or she will have to wait for CIC asks for the medical examination?
As per the new application, PCCs and medical are to be submitted when requested by IRCC. They do advise to obtain PCCs early.