scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
dinigobale said:
them? the visa office? case processing center?
if you already received an sponsor approval and if they have forwarder your
sponsored person file to the visa office then you have to send it there

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Louman64 said:
if you already received an sponsor approval and if they have forwarder your
sponsored person file to the visa office then you have to send it there
yes we are. my wife passed the interview. they send an email asking this fee, another medical since the frist one expired, also 4 passport photo, and questionnaire. i just didnt know if they need the receipt since i paid it online. thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
My husband(sponsor) had a kid with his past girlfriend. The mother is not asking for child support and doesnt show the kid to my husband. But he did sign the paper that he is the biological father. Should we put the kid's name in the list?

Also would it affect the application if they see that the kid was born during our relationship?
Yes, he needs to include his child. You also need to include the child in your Additional Family Information form.

The child being born during your relationship could be a red flag, depending on the circumstances and your relationship history.

Patrick H said:
They had no choice but to apply as conjugal because she was there and he was here
They clearly had another choice, as evidenced by the fact that he was able to go her country to get married.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
I think this was answered, but before I tell my in-laws to cancel their appointment with the notary, we do NOT need notarized letters for MARRIED couples, do we? Is it JUST common-law? US/CAN relationship.

Thank you!

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, he needs to include his child. You also need to include the child in your Additional Family Information form.

The child being born during your relationship could be a red flag, depending on the circumstances and your relationship history.
Hi! The kid is my sponsors child. Only the principal applicant will have to fill out the additional Family Information form. Shoulf we really include the child?

It does worry me that it could be a red flag. The kid was born a year before our wedding. And the mother did not tell the my husband about it until a couple of months before the kid was born.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
Hi! The kid is my sponsors child. Only the principal applicant will have to fill out the additional Family Information form. Shoulf we really include the child?
Clearly stated right on the form: CHILDREN (Include ALL sons and daughters, including ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of residence).

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Clearly stated right on the form: CHILDREN (Include ALL sons and daughters, including ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of residence).
I appreciate your help. Thanks. I didn't know the kid is considered my step child. The kid was born before our marriage.

The form just confused me so in the relationship column, i should write step child?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
I appreciate your help. Thanks. I didn't know the kid is considered my step child. The kid was born before our marriage.

The form just confused me so in the relationship column, i should write step child?
I don't quite understand why you didn't know he was your step-son. You are married to his father, therefore he is legally your step-son.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
generally, the interview is at the end of the process.

the fact he was able to travel to her to get married is the issue. unless he was subsequently denied visas to visit or live with her where she is, it will be difficult to prove barriers to being together. technically, they did have another "choice" - he could have chosen to explore the option to live in her home country until she is approved for PR.
No, he was not denied visa at all, he just wanted to go visit her after so long being apart and they both decided to get married in her home country as she wasn't allowed by visa to come in Canada and get married here. He also went there to accompany his wife for the interview in case they wanted to see/talk with him. Why is it an issue that he was able to travel there and get married ? isn't that what people do sometimes when they haven't seen each other for over a year ? Yes, he could have gone to her country and wait until she was approved for PR but that MAY HAVE taken a very long time as some posts say well over a year and no saying if less. He would have lost a good part of his federal pension if out of country after 180 days not to mention his medicare being suspended too.. He is willing to fly there in a heartbeat if needed in person. I am surprised to hear that her interview was near the end of the process (generally) as her husband had been approved as sponsor recently this year.

jigneshshah87

Oct 21, 2015
Hello.. everyone.
I need help regarding spouse sponser.
I didnt make that much money last year as i was going to university for more education. Wt are the chances to get application approval. If there is any other way for applying.
What is the best option for me now? Wt is income cutoff now? To be sponser and can my wife 's brother sponser her.. or can he be my co signer if he is in canada..
Please help me out i am so stressed and confused at this point..

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
I don't quite understand why you didn't know he was your step-son. You are married to his father, therefore he is legally your step-son.
Sorry I probably didnt know the definition of 'step-child'. I thought there must be a legal document to sign before I call him my step child.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
I would also like to ask how important it is to declare the sponsor's kid when he only signed the Acknowledge of Paternity before the kid was born. The mother didn't tell him about the baby until a couple of months before the kid was born. He didnt sign anything on the birth certificate of the child. He doesnt even know the birthday of the child because the mother refused to communicate with the sponsor. I really appreciate the opinions and info you could share.

Also, let me know how much would it affect out application if our case is this:

Feb. 2014 - we got into relationship when sponsor visited me
May 2014 - had a mistake when he met up with the ex girlfiend but the ex didn't tell the sponsor that she got pregnant
Dec. 2014 - sponsor visited me again and introduced him to my family and relatives
Jan 2014 - the woman told my husband that the kid is his. He wanted to support the kid but still wants to pursue me.
Feb 2015- the kid was born. The mother was still showing the child to the sponsor but very rarely
May 2016 - we got married and the mother of my sponsors kid never communicated with the father anymore and been hiding the kid from him.

Im sorry to have told you the story but I'm just anxious this would be a problem coz we want to be together a and start a family.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Patrick H said:
No, he was not denied visa at all, he just wanted to go visit her after so long being apart and they both decided to get married in her home country as she wasn't allowed by visa to come in Canada and get married here. He also went there to accompany his wife for the interview in case they wanted to see/talk with him. Why is it an issue that he was able to travel there and get married ?
It is an issue that they applied as conjugal when there was no barrier to them getting married. Read the definition for applying as conjugal: legal and/or immigration barriers preventing a couple from marrying or cohabiting to become common-law.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jigneshshah87 said:
I need help regarding spouse sponser.
I didnt make that much money last year as i was going to university for more education. Wt are the chances to get application approval. If there is any other way for applying.
What is the best option for me now? Wt is income cutoff now? To be sponser and can my wife 's brother sponser her.. or can he be my co signer if he is in canada..
There is no minimum income to sponsor a spouse. You and your spouse must be able to show IRCC you can support yourselves without welfare; you can show a combination of your income, your spouse's income, income potential, savings, investments, family assistance etc.

Your wife's brother can't sponsor her or co-sign your sponsorship app. He can write a letter stating he will help support you guys financially.

Avicon2016 said:
I would also like to ask how important it is to declare the sponsor's kid when he only signed the Acknowledge of Paternity before the kid was born.
Not declaring the child is misrepresentation, fraud.