+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
And in all of that, you didn't even answer my question. Again, did they apply as conjugal? Just a yes or no answer, without the unnecessary story.

In regards to the TRV and Supervisa refusals, as you were told by several of us in your previous thread, she has zero chance of being approved for any form of temporary residence because of the false refugee claim.
Yes, conjugal.
Does that previous refusal of false refugee claim have any influence on her PR visa application now that she is married ?
She would never have made any false claims. She just applied for that by the recommendation of another person that obviously wasn't aware of the implications. Nothing in her application was false.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Guys couple of questions regarding my GCMS notes:

It says two incoming correspondence by Montreal call centre were generated:

Incoming correspondence1
Client: PA with my UCI number (the applicant)

Item: Client enquiry
Comment(s) Item provided for: CPC-M marriage certificate
Status cancelled
Via: Webform

Also says
Name: ClentEmail.msg
Date: 2016/10/20

Incoming correspondence 3:

same date same call centre

Says call centre tier 3 update file

status updated: 2016/10/19

Why the hell are they cancelled? Does this mean anything? I never got any correspondence either by email or by phone. Not even in Spam

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Patrick H said:
Yes, conjugal.
Does that previous refusal of false refugee claim have any influence on her PR visa application now that she is married ?
She would never have made any false claims. She just applied for that by the recommendation of another person that obviously wasn't aware of the implications. Nothing in her application was false.
They didn't qualify for conjugal. As they have clearly shown, there was no barrier preventing them from married. It is possible that the app may be rejected because of that or it's possible that IRCC may switch the app to spousal now that they are married.

The fact that they applied as conjugal and that she has a refused refugee claim will most definitely cause delays in the app.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Patrick H said:
Yes, conjugal.
Yes, a false refugee claim can impact a PR application. It's a red flag. Is she passed the ARC stage? That, along with the short courtship/marriage, is another red flag. Applying conjugal would have been an outright refusal, but I assume they must have xferred it to spousal since they got married and she had an interview... I assume if she was under conjugal still they'd have brought that up at the interview. I guess you'd have to ask her what went down.

Not taking the passport is probably not the best sign, but they may be doing further checking as at least she didn't get a refusal letter right away.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
HI, i have a simple question.
My wife has 3 names "rumba Ali Ahmed"
all the forms are asking for family name and surname. would I just use "Ali" for family name and "rumap" for surname?
How to I input her middle name "Ahmed"

"Ahmed" its in all her documents.

jut confused because its only asking for family name and surname.

hope someone can help.

thank you.

zer09

Mar 27, 2016
GUYS! I just got my PPR today. :D.. one quick question, do i need to send my passport or just the photocopy of it? Thanks!

zer09

Mar 27, 2016
prvc said:
Your passport. :D
Thank you! I need to get a photo, my passport and the e-mail that they sent to me including the form attached into it... any idea how long it will take after I sent all of these to the VAC? ;D

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
a quick question for all.

I was trying to fill in the imm55662 ( travel history form for my wife) it stays that it should be filled by prinicipal applicant which is my wife.
question 2 a- is her history
question 2 b - your spouse history

is that mean, i her spouse, now has to include my travel history as well.?

Regards,

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
I have a question on the new application package form IMM5532E - Relationship Information and Sponsorhip Evaluation.

''Other Financially Dependent people (on sponsor)".It asks me to 'give details of any other person dependent on you whether they are living with you or not. Include previous spouse or partners from past relationship.

My husband(sponsor) had a kid with his past girlfriend. The mother is not asking for child support and doesnt show the kid to my husband. But he did sign the paper that he is the biological father. Should we put the kid's name in the list?

Also would it affect the application if they see that the kid was born during our relationship?

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
They didn't qualify for conjugal. As they have clearly shown, there was no barrier preventing them from married. It is possible that the app may be rejected because of that or it's possible that IRCC may switch the app to spousal now that they are married.

The fact that they applied as conjugal and that she has a refused refugee claim will most definitely cause delays in the app.
They had no choice but to apply as conjugal because she was there and he was here and she had her visa to come here refused twice so they had to stay apart and correspond only by phone and eMail and therefore that was the reason for the delays upon delays because of the slow process so her fiancee went there to marry her instead of waiting for temporary visa that would have allowed her to get married here.
They postponed their marriage twice here because she was not allowed in. In retrospect he says they should have been married here while she was still here last year on the last leg of her 2 yr visitor visa, she would have most likely got her PR by now avoiding altogether her refugee claim and all those visitor visa applications that were denied because of that stupid refugee claim that was not her idea to begin with.
Just a question : in general, the interview stage, is that roughly near the middle or end of the whole process ? I mean now that she had her interview, and no decision was made, will it be another year's wait or it is most likely within the next few weeks/months.?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Patrick H said:
They had no choice but to apply as conjugal because she was there and he was here and she had her visa to come here refused twice so they had to stay apart and correspond only by phone and eMail and therefore that was the reason for the delays upon delays because of the slow process so her fiancee went there to marry her instead of waiting for temporary visa that would have allowed her to get married here.
They postponed their marriage twice here because she was not allowed in. In retrospect he says they should have been married here while she was still here last year on the last leg of her 2 yr visitor visa, she would have most likely got her PR by now avoiding altogether her refugee claim and all those visitor visa applications that were denied because of that stupid refugee claim that was not her idea to begin with.
Just a question : in general, the interview stage, is that roughly near the middle or end of the whole process ? I mean now that she had her interview, and no decision was made, will it be another year's wait or it is most likely within the next few weeks/months.?
generally, the interview is at the end of the process.

the fact he was able to travel to her to get married is the issue. unless he was subsequently denied visas to visit or live with her where she is, it will be difficult to prove barriers to being together. technically, they did have another "choice" - he could have chosen to explore the option to live in her home country until she is approved for PR.

pedra4

Aug 21, 2014
Hey Everyone,

I was just checking about my Wife's application status for permanent residence. You can check the status in two ways

1. logging into your account and checking in or

2. Check your application status

When I use method 1 - the status says 'Final decision Not Started'

but when I use second method and check status it shows 'Decision Made'

I'm little confused about this. Anyone had this issue?
Also want to know how would one get notified about their applications decision

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
hi there guys, we are asked to pay the right of permanent residence and i paid online. do i need to send the receipt to embassy? or immigration here in canada? or they will see it online? thanks.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
dinigobale said:
hi there guys, we are asked to pay the right of permanent residence and i paid online. do i need to send the receipt to embassy? or immigration here in canada? or they will see it online? thanks.
you have to send it or email it to them