+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

D

Deleted member 549667

Hi Guys,

I am a Canada PR holder. My wife is in Canada on a TRV i.e. Visitors VISA. I applied for her PR and OPW yesterday. Her VISA is valid till 26th may. Does it mean that she has an implied status now and can stay beyond 26th may or do we have to apply for her VISA extension.

Regards

Madeline

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
Soon...
scylla said:
Manila is one of the visa offices that requests the passport quite early on in the process. So this doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to issue the visa. Typically there's still a few months to wait after the passport is requested.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. So we really have to wait. :( Actually, I supposed to visit Japan last October 2015. Unfortunately embassy had my passport so I had to cancel my flight and my ticket was forfieted. I'm wondering why did they asked it so early. They already holding it for 5 mos. Until now we haven't receive anything from them. :(

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Madeline said:
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. So we really have to wait. :( Actually, I supposed to visit Japan last October 2015. Unfortunately embassy had my passport so I had to cancel my flight and my ticket was forfieted. I'm wondering why did they asked it so early. They already holding it for 5 mos. Until now we haven't receive anything from them. :(
I guess you should be able to tell them that you're travelling soon. They will make copies of the necessary pages and will return it to you. Did you tell them that?

If you did, what did they reply?
If you didn't, think about it next time.

Good luck

rilero88

Nov 5, 2015
kangamoose said:
I got the same email from Sydney today and was wondering the same thing. I live here in Canada but we were planning a trip for the end of Feb, be nice to not have to delay that..

Also a bit confused about the send two prepaid xpresspost envelopes bit, is it one self addressed (for the COPR) and the second for sending everything? Or do they really want two?
We just sent our paperwork off to Ottawa today... decided to take our chances. We just sent one envelope inside the one with all documents and photos. Good luck to you! Enjoy your trip!

oceanlove

Jul 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

My application for PR and OWP was delivered on Oct15, 2015. It's been almost 4 months and I haven't received OWP yet. I called the CIC call centre today and the agent told me that she doesn't see anything and probably my application was returned. I told her that I haven't received anything. She said they usually send it back by regular mail and it might be lost and she advises me to resubmit the application. :eek: It would be hard for me to do that since all of my docs were in that application.

Is is possible for the application to get lost? Did someone have similar experience? Did October applicants recieve their OWPs?

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oceanlove said:
Hi everyone,

My application for PR and OWP was delivered on Oct15, 2015. It's been almost 4 months and I haven't received OWP yet. I called the CIC call centre today and the agent told me that she doesn't see anything and probably my application was returned. I told her that I haven't received anything. She said they usually send it back by regular mail and it might be lost and she advises me to resubmit the application. :eek: It would be hard for me to do that since all of my docs were in that application.

Is is possible for the application to get lost? Did someone have similar experience? Did October applicants recieve their OWPs?

Thanks!
Unbelievable.

Do you have delivery confirmation that these were in fact received by CIC? Please don't say that you didn't send it with tracking/delivery confirmation!

To answer your question...yes, sometimes they lose entire applications.

oceanlove

Jul 3, 2015
Ponga said:
Unbelievable.

Do you have delivery confirmation that these were in fact received by CIC? Please don't say that you didn't send it with tracking/delivery confirmation!

To answer your question...yes, sometimes they lose entire applications.
I sent it with tracking and delivery confirmation. And it says that it was delivered. At this point I am just not sure what to do - call again and see if I can talk to another agent, reapply like she said or just wait and see if the WP will show up in the mail. Or maybe it was delivered and it wasn't opened yet and that is why it is not in their system yet, is that possible?
Thanks

Coolnspicy

Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2016
Nomination.....
CSQ ISSUED 25/04/2016
AOR Received.
18/03/2016, SA Recieved 22/03/2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
Good day all

I am applying to sponsor my husband through outland sponsorship. Can I pay online from Canada with my credit card and if I do will I still need the Imm 5401 form ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
oceanlove said:
I sent it with tracking and delivery confirmation. And it says that it was delivered. At this point I am just not sure what to do - call again and see if I can talk to another agent, reapply like she said or just wait and see if the WP will show up in the mail. Or maybe it was delivered and it wasn't opened yet and that is why it is not in their system yet, is that possible?
Thanks
Have you tried checking ECAS using your UCI (if you have one from a visa or similar) or receipt number? It's possible the phone agent was wrong.

oceanlove

Jul 3, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Have you tried checking ECAS using your UCI (if you have one from a visa or similar) or receipt number? It's possible the phone agent was wrong.
Yes, I tried with a receipt number and visa number - it says we were not able to identify you using the information you provided

rebecca1987

Nov 19, 2013
Hi,

I am applying for my husband's PR. Today, I was about to make a payment when i saw this msg on the site:

As of January 29th 2016, you are no longer able to order new Payment Receipt forms (IMM 5401) from CIC.
Canadian Financial Institutions will continue to accept previously ordered IMM 5401 Payment Receipt forms until March 31st 2016.

I don't understand what exactly it meant. Can i still make a payment and put the receipt in the files that i am going to send to Missisauga office?

Can someone please help?

anjulchauhan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Police verification certificate for Spouse residing in India

Hi seniors,
I had got PR card, I thank to the forum for every support I got from people here. Once again I am sure you guys will solve my query.
Officially I became Canadaian PR in September, 2015 I did short landing for 15 days and returned to India , I got married in India in Nov, 2015 Now I am willing to submit my wife's file. I am going to Canada in March, 2016 before that I will prepare all the necessary documents required for Spouse visa.
My wife belongs to Bihar, India whereas I am from Gujarat, India. While I was going through document checklist on cic website, I had 2 questions in my mind:

1) Since my wife used to stay in Bihar before marriage and since last 3 months she is living in Gujarat, So from which state she can issue PCC? Or in other words is PCC state specific document or it is country specific?
2) She does not have a birth certificate and she was born before 1988, her school leaving certificate can replace the necessity birth certificate?

Please answer this as soon as possible. :)

Madeline

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
Soon...
icewizard said:
I guess you should be able to tell them that you're travelling soon. They will make copies of the necessary pages and will return it to you. Did you tell them that?

If you did, what did they reply?
If you didn't, think about it next time.

Good luck
No. I didn't. But will it affect the processing times of my visa?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Coolnspicy said:
I am applying to sponsor my husband through outland sponsorship. Can I pay online from Canada with my credit card and if I do will I still need the Imm 5401 form ?
Yes, you can pay online and no, you don't need IMM5401.

rebecca1987 said:
As of January 29th 2016, you are no longer able to order new Payment Receipt forms (IMM 5401) from CIC.
Canadian Financial Institutions will continue to accept previously ordered IMM 5401 Payment Receipt forms until March 31st 2016.

I don't understand what exactly it meant. Can i still make a payment and put the receipt in the files that i am going to send to Missisauga office?
It means nothing if you are paying online.

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you can pay online and no, you don't need IMM5401.

It means nothing if you are paying online.
Thank you for your response.