Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi Leon and group,

I was wondering, the last time I heard anything about my Husband's file was in May of this year (which was the approval from CPC-M).
Should I order CAIPS to findout what's going on, because I'm approaching 5months and the Visa Office isn't telling me anything and I'm very clueless...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNGirl said:
Hi Leon and group,

I was wondering, the last time I heard anything about my Husband's file was in May of this year (which was the approval from CPC-M).
Should I order CAIPS to findout what's going on, because I'm approaching 5months and the Visa Office isn't telling me anything and I'm very clueless...
You are well within normal processing times for Port of Spain. Times are posted as 7 to 17 months. See here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

Have you received Acknowledgement of Receipt or checked ECAS to see if they have begun processing your husband's application at the visa post?

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
rjessome,

I haven't received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). For e-cas it says 'DECISION MADE' on the first category but under the permanent resident theres nothing available.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNGirl said:
rjessome,

I haven't received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). For e-cas it says 'DECISION MADE' on the first category but under the permanent resident theres nothing available.
I don't know how long it takes to get an AOR from this visa post. I would have your husband fax them and request his file number and AOR date.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Hi Mr Leon !
I have Questions

1- I have been refujee in the past, today I am under the family sponsership.outland. This will slower my application in term of (chick backgound) or make it faster, because as I believe they have all data about me in their system?.

2- in term of ARC should I applied now or wait for last steps.?

3- I heard people talk about CAIPS notes, is this help me in some how/?

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
My brother's gf is applying for a visa and we plan to put about 5000 in her bank as proof of financial ability to support herself...

As of now, they really don't have a legal relationship other than bf/gf (never common-law, not married)...

Is there a rule of how much money she'd need to be approved for a visa?
Example, $5000 for 6 months, $10,000 for 12 months?

She has other proof that she will come home (employment contract and apt. lease).

Thanks

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
vonster said:
My brother's gf is applying for a visa and we plan to put about 5000 in her bank as proof of financial ability to support herself...

As of now, they really don't have a legal relationship other than bf/gf (never common-law, not married)...

Is there a rule of how much money she'd need to be approved for a visa?
Example, $5000 for 6 months, $10,000 for 12 months?

She has other proof that she will come home (employment contract and apt. lease).

Thanks
What sort of visa is she applying for?

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
MandiF said:
What sort of visa is she applying for?
visitor visa

the thing is, he should go back home and marry her however the cost would be twice as much ...

i believe their relationship is genuine and they have pictures from when he visited her, we have tons of internet/phone records...so even though it will take forever, i think they should be ok applying inland.

Disabel

Oct 8, 2010
Hello everybody, we need some help...

we are confused about the open work permit and the extension, what is more faisable to obtain? can they deny a request for open work permit once the process has started?

Do we have to include the police certificate or wait till the visa office send us the case number? is it the appendix what we have to send?

GM

Dec 7, 2009
Hello There,

I received this email on September, 16th,2010

Dear ..,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that your file is currently pending payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fees. An email has been sent today to CPC-Mississauga in order to collect the fees. Once your sponsor has paid the fees and evidence of payment is received at our office you may proceed with the submission of your passport by prepaid courier in order to finalize your file.

Regards,

Immigration Section

My Sponsor paid online and the receipt was sent as per the courier on September, 2oth 2010.
We didn't hear from the visa office until now.

Can anyone advise what is the next step? and for how long should I expect to wait for landing?
Is this considered to be as the last step or what?

Thanks a million for your help!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
A good idea for your evidences...taken from a post by Love_Young . Reposted here so it remains here forever!

Welcome to the site! Smiley

Well I don't know how good of an example this gives you but here was our list of things we included. We ended up naming it by chapters and sections to make easy for them to flip to something they were looking for. Try not to get too confused by that yet, we can help you when you get to the organizing part. So for now here is a list of things I included. I don't know how well they are as I am still waiting to be approved but hopefully it gives you some insight.

Chapter 1: Communication
Section A: Text Messages
Section B: Phone Records
Section C: Cards Given To Each Other
Section D: Notes and Letters To Each Other
Section E: Cards Given To Us By Friends and Family
Section F: Cards Given To Friends and Family by Us
Section G: Letters of Support
Section H: Messages Sent When Going To Canada
Section I: Messages About Doing Activities Together
Section J: Messages Sent To Each Other Before Meeting
Section K: Messages from (sponsor)'s Family Wishing (applicant) a Happy Birthday
Section L: Messages Between (applicant) and Her Friends Talking About (sponsor)
Section M: Messages Sent While (sponsor) Was Visiting (applicant)

Chapter 2 Joint Documentation
Section A: Envelopes Received At Shared Address
Section B: Joint Purchases On Joint Credit Card
Section C: Joint Scotiabank Account
Section D: Joint RBC Account and Documents
Section E: Shared Family Plan with Telus
Section F: Miscellaneous Joint Correspondence

Chapter 3 Receipts
Section A: Receipts From Outings Together
Section B: Receipts For Purchases of Gifts and Cards

Chapter 4 Engagement/Wedding
Section A: Our Engagement Journal
Section B: Emails Between Us and Our Wedding Planner
Section C: Our Permit To Marry In The Park As Well As Our Ceremony Agreement With Our Commissioner
Section D: Copies From Our Wedding Guestbook
Section E: Copies Of Cards Given To Us For Our Wedding
Section F: Messages About Engagement, Planning For Wedding, Reception and Our Honeymoon
Section G: Congratulations Messages On Our Marriage
Section H: Congratulations Messages On Our Engagement
Section I: Receipts For Engagement, Wedding, and Honeymoon
Section J: Emails About Honeymoon Reservation and Permit To Marry In The Park

Chapter 5 Photos Throughout Relationship
Section A: Special Occasion Pictures
Section B: Pictures on Outings Together
Section C: Pictures From Wedding/Reception/Honeymoon

Chapter 6 Travel
Section A: Emails of (sponsor) and (applicant)'s Itinerary
Section B: Copies Of Our Flight Tickets
Section C: Copies Of (applicant)'s Passport Stamp and Visitor Records.
Section D: Miscellaneous Travel Documents

Chapter 7 Miscellaneous Supporting Documents
(Whatever didn't fit in the other sections)

Reactions: lanvu

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like this is a Inland processing case. You are supposed to include all police certificates from foreign countries with you application. For your own convenience, open work permit is a better option since it will allow the candidate to work after AIP and it will allow to obtain provincial health coverage, e.g. OHIP in Ontario. It is recommended that you apply for PR and open work permit together.

Disabel said:
Hello everybody, we need some help...

we are confused about the open work permit and the extension, what is more faisable to obtain? can they deny a request for open work permit once the process has started?

Do we have to include the police certificate or wait till the visa office send us the case number? is it the appendix what we have to send?

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
hi. my name is Sanika. im married to a canadian citizen living in toronto. i have a baby, hes 1 year and 7months. my baby is not my husband baby. so we are married after the baby birth. is that a problem when hes applying to immigration for us? i mean i want both of us to be qualified to go to canada. how should we do this? thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanika said:
hi. my name is Sanika. im married to a canadian citizen living in toronto. i have a baby, hes 1 year and 7months. my baby is not my husband baby. so we are married after the baby birth. is that a problem when hes applying to immigration for us? i mean i want both of us to be qualified to go to canada. how should we do this? thanks
You need to have full custody of your son to be able to take him to Canada or you need the fathers permission.