+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS, please advice/answer them, my case is bit diff. m canadian citizen paki born, I got married quickly in Pakistan in april and came back 2 weeks after my wedding, it was arranged so i didnt know my wife prior to the wedding or had any contacts, my parents showed her to me she was pretty so i said yes and got married in a matter of one week and rushedbut have plenty of pics of nikah rukshati valima during thefew weeks stay in pak, did all the funcitons within one week. Now according to cic, it takes 40 months to bring spouse from Pakistan, howcan this be true when my relatives brougt their spouse in a matter of 1.5 yr like last year orso!! I havent started the sponsorship process yet because i am flat broke right now as well as on a layoff since january 2015 (employment insurance) but I heard you can show the income of previous year right? like 2014 tax files? Coz i was working at tht company for 11 months then got fired and applied for lay off earlier this year.Does the proof of job have to be of around the current application time or can it be from last year 2014? im afraid not having a steady job or being on layoff might delay my process?? Im planning to sponsor when I gather money, documents and get a job. I hope not knowing my wife prior to marriage or having a girlfriend of 8 years (and still going, regular phone convos, meetups) wont affect this right? I didnt live with my gf but was in a serious and long relationship, i just didnt know i was getting married and i had been keeping in touch with her while I was in pak getting married and m hoping thts not gonna affect right because were not officially couples. i also received some valuable gifts from my spouse,another thng im wondering is if credit card debts affect anything? i have no savings but i heard u dont need money or income to sponsor spouse? ihave almost 40k debts in CCs of random purchases n loans but i am a secnodary owner of my house which we bought 4 yrs ago on mortgage so i have proof of my own residency so i hope they dont look at credit card debts? also i have no proof of any contacts with my spouse as i didnt know her prior to marriage, i talk to her now since im back like once in 2 days on homephone as she dont have cell phone. i also never went to pak since i came to Canada in early 2000s and i dont plan on going anytime soon. my spouse keep asking me on sponsorship process!!! and should i get a lawyer? how much will the cost? and can i show 2014 income if i sponsor in sept 2015? and any tips or suggestion is greatly appreciated thank u guys

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
Catherine27 said:
Thanks. I see you got your visa very fast!! congrats
Thank you! Hubby and I are very happy! All the best to you with your process!

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
master2015 said:
thanks for your reply, i double checked the letter they sent me, they only specifically mentioned to send a copy of the renewed passport. within the 30 days time frame. i think they have made mistake on their part.
i just dont know how to go about it now. there are no instructions anywhere about it.
I believe then in this case, you were required to MAIL in the copy, not email them. Emails aren't usually the best way to communicate with the CIC as it is a VERY large office and they have loads of applicants.

I believe you will have to consult an immigration lawyer. Terribly sorry though. I feel they will approve the application once the appeal process has been completed. Good luck to you.

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
MY hubby(sponsor)got an email today requesting proof of employment from Singapore visa office.and they just gave 60 days for submitting it.he already got approved this june.All my worry is he is unemployed right now.and we can't arrange that.I think they are going to refuse it.because they have mentioned that failure to comply may result in the refusal of your application.guys plz help me.what should I DO?? :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allah amar rob said:
MY hubby(sponsor)got an email today requesting proof of employment from Singapore visa office.and they just gave 60 days for submitting it.he already got approved this june.All my worry is he is unemployed right now.and we can't arrange that.I think they are going to refuse it.because they have mentioned that failure to comply may result in the refusal of your application.guys plz help me.what should I DO?? :(
No need to post the same question in multiple threads. ;)

Since there is no minimum income required to sponsor a spouse (if you in fact applied for spousal sponsorship and not some other type of PR), he can just send them a letter explaining his situation.

`Failure to comply', only means that he has to either provide what they are asking for, or offer an explanation before the deadline.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
It breaks my heart to read this. I had also read an earlier thread you created. I feel so sorry for your wife...

baba88 said:
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS, please advice/answer them, my case is bit diff. m canadian citizen paki born, I got married quickly in Pakistan in april and came back 2 weeks after my wedding, it was arranged so i didnt know my wife prior to the wedding or had any contacts, my parents showed her to me she was pretty so i said yes and got married in a matter of one week and rushedbut have plenty of pics of nikah rukshati valima during thefew weeks stay in pak, did all the funcitons within one week. Now according to cic, it takes 40 months to bring spouse from Pakistan, howcan this be true when my relatives brougt their spouse in a matter of 1.5 yr like last year orso!! I havent started the sponsorship process yet because i am flat broke right now as well as on a layoff since january 2015 (employment insurance) but I heard you can show the income of previous year right? like 2014 tax files? Coz i was working at tht company for 11 months then got fired and applied for lay off earlier this year.Does the proof of job have to be of around the current application time or can it be from last year 2014? im afraid not having a steady job or being on layoff might delay my process?? Im planning to sponsor when I gather money, documents and get a job. I hope not knowing my wife prior to marriage or having a girlfriend of 8 years (and still going, regular phone convos, meetups) wont affect this right? I didnt live with my gf but was in a serious and long relationship, i just didnt know i was getting married and i had been keeping in touch with her while I was in pak getting married and m hoping thts not gonna affect right because were not officially couples. i also received some valuable gifts from my spouse,another thng im wondering is if credit card debts affect anything? i have no savings but i heard u dont need money or income to sponsor spouse? ihave almost 40k debts in CCs of random purchases n loans but i am a secnodary owner of my house which we bought 4 yrs ago on mortgage so i have proof of my own residency so i hope they dont look at credit card debts? also i have no proof of any contacts with my spouse as i didnt know her prior to marriage, i talk to her now since im back like once in 2 days on homephone as she dont have cell phone. i also never went to pak since i came to Canada in early 2000s and i dont plan on going anytime soon. my spouse keep asking me on sponsorship process!!! and should i get a lawyer? how much will the cost? and can i show 2014 income if i sponsor in sept 2015? and any tips or suggestion is greatly appreciated thank u guys

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
baba88 said:
i am flat broke right now as well as on a layoff since january 2015 (employment insurance) but I heard you can show the income of previous year right? like 2014 tax files?
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse, but CIC needs to be convinced that you and your spouse will not rely on welfare and have some means of supporting yourselves.

I hope not knowing my wife prior to marriage or having a girlfriend of 8 years (and still going, regular phone convos, meetups) wont affect this right?
[...]
also i have no proof of any contacts with my spouse as i didnt know her prior to marriage, i talk to her now since im back like once in 2 days on homephone as she dont have cell phone. i also never went to pak since i came to Canada in early 2000s and i dont plan on going anytime soon.
Yes. Yes this will affect things.

Based on the information you have provided, to CIC your relationship will look very much like a marriage of convenience for immigration purposes, not a genuine relationship. Arranged marriages, not meeting your spouse prior, receiving valuable gifts, and not maintaining close contact are all red flags. Having and maintaining a separate romantic relationship is also a red flag, since by definition Canadian marriage is monogamous.

If you do proceed with sponsorship, you should be prepared for a long, difficult, and adversarial process.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Not judging you, but why the hell you want to bring your wife to Canada since it's not a genuine relationship?
I mean, you date someone for 8 years. This one, if based on love and friendship is a relationship.
Also Canada is monogamous. You'll have lots of problems with your process and lots of stress.
And that's why this whole thing is so stressful, thanks to people like you.
I feel really sorry for your wife.

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
DanSlh said:
Not judging you, but why the hell you want to bring your wife to Canada since it's not a genuine relationship?
I mean, you date someone for 8 years. This one, if based on love and friendship is a relationship.
Also Canada is monogamous. You'll have lots of problems with your process and lots of stress.
And that's why this whole thing is so stressful, thanks to people like you.
I feel really sorry for your wife.
because my parents pressured me to marry someone innocent from back home, my gf of 8 years wont be compatible with my muslim family, i did promise her for future and all but i realised i wont be able to give her future and she is also depressed and won't continue dating me anymore after she found out so now i must bring my wife to start family & so that i dont miss being in a relationship...btw i bought intercourse protection from my credit card last week (like i said i had an arranged marriage so i dnt have feelings for her), but hope cic doesnt go through credit card purchases/info n find out about my physical relationship outside this marriage incase if they check credit card debts. i feel like im fked but i still see hope as officially i am married to my wife back home and i got plenty of picture of my marriage ceremonies that happened within the 2 week period, no picture before or after that. but isnt that enough? also she doesnt have a phone so we communicate via home phone as of now. Also, i am glad to find out it doesnt take 40 months to sponsor wife from pakistan as it mentions on cic website :/ apparently its only 12 months and done in london. Well anyways buddies/dosts , how much money will this whole process cost me? also how much will cheapest lawyer charge? i am gonna get lawyer to do it all so that my case is fast and shes here asap.

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi id really appreciate urgent help on this cuz my marriage to long time friend now depends on this..

If i marry before landing do i need to give all my job ref letters etc all over again? To cic
To take my spouse along..

I shall get my PR visa in few days now. Passport already submitted.

munnabhai86

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Bro!! Cheaper lawyers aren't worth it as your case looks a bit complicated you should get a good lawyer which will cost you around 4k + proccesing fees 1.1 k. Hope it helps.

baba88 said:
because my parents pressured me to marry someone innocent from back home, my gf of 8 years wont be compatible with my muslim family, i did promise her for future and all but i realised i wont be able to give her future and she is also depressed and won't continue dating me anymore after she found out so now i must bring my wife to start family & so that i dont miss being in a relationship...btw i bought intercourse protection from my credit card last week (like i said i had an arranged marriage so i dnt have feelings for her), but hope cic doesnt go through credit card purchases/info n find out about my physical relationship outside this marriage incase if they check credit card debts. i feel like im fked but i still see hope as officially i am married to my wife back home and i got plenty of picture of my marriage ceremonies that happened within the 2 week period, no picture before or after that. but isnt that enough? also she doesnt have a phone so we communicate via home phone as of now. Also, i am glad to find out it doesnt take 40 months to sponsor wife from pakistan as it mentions on cic website :/ apparently its only 12 months and done in london. Well anyways buddies/dosts , how much money will this whole process cost me? also how much will cheapest lawyer charge? i am gonna get lawyer to do it all so that my case is fast and shes here asap.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
munnabhai86 said:
Bro!! Cheaper lawyers aren't worth it as your case looks a bit complicated you should get a good lawyer which will cost you around 4k + proccesing fees 1.1 k. Hope it helps.
Processing fees is 1040 :D

Neonasaurus

May 19, 2015
I NEED help. So My husband recently got approved to sponsor me and they sent me an email stating they wanted proof of our relationship with photos and emails and what not. I have those things, but I have NO IDEA where to send them to and it's due the 28th. They gave me this: Officer JE-INLAND SCLP, Email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.xxxxx and their fax number. So I sent them an email with a zip file of everything and when I got an confirm email that they received mine, I got this:

Thank you for your email enquiry. CPC Mississauga receives a high volume of enquiries every day and will only respond to your email enquiry if you have enquired about one of the following topics:

· if you need to withdraw your Sponsorship application,

· if you need to notify CIC of a change in personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce,

· if you need to correct information on your application,

· if you need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) or request a refund of the RPRF which you have already paid (refunds can only be issued after you have declined your right of appeal),

· if you need to appoint or change your immigration representative, or

· if you applied before the date on the processing times page and you have not received any communication from CPC Mississauga.

You will not receive a reply to questions or enquiries about other topics.

Did I send it to the wrong place? What do I do if I'm supposed to fax it? They really don't tell you in the email.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
baba88 said:
because my parents pressured me to marry someone innocent from back home, my gf of 8 years wont be compatible with my muslim family, i did promise her for future and all but i realised i wont be able to give her future and she is also depressed and won't continue dating me anymore after she found out so now i must bring my wife to start family & so that i dont miss being in a relationship...btw i bought intercourse protection from my credit card last week (like i said i had an arranged marriage so i dnt have feelings for her),
So you don't have feelings for your wife, you do have feelings for a long-term girlfriend, and one of the first things you did after getting back to Canada after the marriage was commit infidelity?

Perhaps something is not coming across because of a language barrier, but this seems exactly like the kind of non-genuine relationship that CIC looks for.

Speaking personally, if my understanding of your situation is correct then your actions are morally reprehensible, both towards your now-wife whom you are not honoring and to your girlfriend who's commitment you have disavowed.

i feel like im fked but i still see hope as officially i am married to my wife back home and i got plenty of picture of my marriage ceremonies that happened within the 2 week period, no picture before or after that. but isnt that enough?
The legal standard is not merely a valid wedding, it is a genuine marriage relationship. Given what you suggest, your marriage -- despite being legally valid and presumably legitimate -- will look a great deal like one conducted solely for immigration purposes.

That you cannot document an ongoing relationship (because it doesn't really exist) will likely make your application more difficult.

i am gonna get lawyer to do it all so that my case is fast and shes here asap.
Immigration lawyers have no power to speed up the process beyond simply ensuring that all the forms are filled out fully and accurately and by handling any further requests for information. Ordinarily, users here tend to advise against legal representation as a waste of money, but your circumstances are difficult enough that the general advice may not apply.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Majromax said:
So you don't have feelings for your wife, you do have feelings for a long-term girlfriend, and one of the first things you did after getting back to Canada after the marriage was commit infidelity?

Perhaps something is not coming across because of a language barrier, but this seems exactly like the kind of non-genuine relationship that CIC looks for.

Speaking personally, if my understanding of your situation is correct then your actions are morally reprehensible, both towards your now-wife whom you are not honoring and to your girlfriend who's commitment you have disavowed.

The legal standard is not merely a valid wedding, it is a genuine marriage relationship. Given what you suggest, your marriage -- despite being legally valid and presumably legitimate -- will look a great deal like one conducted solely for immigration purposes.

That you cannot document an ongoing relationship (because it doesn't really exist) will likely make your application more difficult.

Immigration lawyers have no power to speed up the process beyond simply ensuring that all the forms are filled out fully and accurately and by handling any further requests for information. Ordinarily, users here tend to advise against legal representation as a waste of money, but your circumstances are difficult enough that the general advice may not apply.
This!

+1 for taking the time to write out what I couldn't be bothered to!