Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Garry2008 said:
Yes you can it has nothing to do with moving from one state to another.
Province!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
adanacNilbud said:
My common law spouse is Canadian, I'm Irish. We have lived together for 8 years and have 2 children together, both of whom have Canadian citizenship also.

To support our common law status, do we have to provide 8 years worth of emails, photos etc? Would something like an email/photo from each year be sufficient?
No, that is not sufficient. A thousand emails and pictures still wouldn't prove in any way that you are common-law.

You need proof that you have lived together continuously for at least a year. Joint lease, mortgage, joint utilities, insurance, mail in individual names or both names at the same address, IDs with the same address etc.

bigredmoose said:
Province!
That seriously annoys me as well. I also once responded to a guy who was accepted to the University of Victoria and was asking if it was better to fly directly to Victoria or to get the train from Vancouver to Victoria....

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
newbie to the forum... first I would like to thank all the contributing members on this forum...you guys take time off your regular day and help people like me out....no amount of gratitude is sufficient for what you guys do.

I joined this forum to seek some help and guidance with my situation and hopefully there will be a time when I can repay the community back by helping others in the future.

I am a canadian citizen living and working in Toronto. I just got married to a wonderful lady back in my home country India. It was an arranged marriage. Now I am back in Canada and want to apply for my wifes PR so that we can start out lives together here.

1) To start off I was wondering if there is a list here on this forum somehwere of the total forms that need to be filled out and submitted for this tedious process.

I did a lot of reading here on this forum and on CIC's website. Here is a list I came up with for the forms that I, as a sponsor, need to fill out:

IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E
IMM5406E
IMM5490E
Document Checklist IMM5491E

Can someone please let me know if this is the right list or if I hve missed anything.

2) Does anyone have a list of forms that my wife would have to fill out?

3) Are there any tips and pointers that members can share so that people like me can benefit by not making some simple errors, or certain things in order to expedite the process.

Thank you all in advance!!!!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
missmywife said:
newbie to the forum... first I would like to thank all the contributing members on this forum...you guys take time off your regular day and help people like me out....no amount of gratitude is sufficient for what you guys do.

I joined this forum to seek some help and guidance with my situation and hopefully there will be a time when I can repay the community back by helping others in the future.

I am a canadian citizen living and working in Toronto. I just got married to a wonderful lady back in my home country India. It was an arranged marriage. Now I am back in Canada and want to apply for my wifes PR so that we can start out lives together here.

1) To start off I was wondering if there is a list here on this forum somehwere of the total forms that need to be filled out and submitted for this tedious process.

I did a lot of reading here on this forum and on CIC's website. Here is a list I came up with for the forms that I, as a sponsor, need to fill out:

IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E
IMM5406E
IMM5490E
Document Checklist IMM5491E

Can someone please let me know if this is the right list or if I hve missed anything.

2) Does anyone have a list of forms that my wife would have to fill out?

3) Are there any tips and pointers that members can share so that people like me can benefit by not making some simple errors, or certain things in order to expedite the process.

Thank you all in advance!!!!
Congrats on your wedding.

Looks like you are missing couple of applicant (wife's) document.
You are missing
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
India [IMM 3904] (PDF, 388.17 KB) - which has the country specific travel history document and a secondary checklist.

Check out this link which has all the necessary forms for the sponsor (you) and the applicant (wife)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

As you can see from the link part one is all the forms for you and part two is your wife's

WackS

Jul 18, 2014
WackS said:
Hi! I would like to ask sonething about spousal sponsorship. I came here last Sept. 2013 as PR, my girlfriend arrived last Nov. 2014 through LCP, unfortunately was released from work. From then on and up to present, we are still having a hard time finding a new employer. We got married last Jan. and is considering on filing spousal sponsorship. I would like to know if it is safe for her (working/LCP) status to file sponsorship, or do we really have to find for an employer to sponsor her since her status is working under LCP?
I do hope somebody could enlighten me on what to do! Thanks in advance!!!

adanacNilbud

Mar 5, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
No, that is not sufficient. A thousand emails and pictures still wouldn't prove in any way that you are common-law.

You need proof that you have lived together continuously for at least a year. Joint lease, mortgage, joint utilities, insurance, mail in individual names or both names at the same address, IDs with the same address etc.
Thanks so much. Do we need to provide originals or are copies ok?

Sanjka

Mar 5, 2015
Hello to everyone,

I posted the same question on visas forum, but I think that your advise would be more helpful. I hope that someone can help me in this situation. I applied for PR in "Sponsorship a spouse" category in December and I received an e-mail that my application has been received. And at the end of the January I applied for new TR visa from within Canada and they refused me. They told me that I had to apply for an open work permit with PR application to have valid status in Canada, so now I have to apply for that permit to, but I want to leave the country during the summer to my home county to have traditional wedding there, but I won't be able to come back to Canada without TR visa. I have a valid Single entry visa right now. What should I do?

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
PLEASE HELP ME .. I GOT THIS LETTER .. , CASE IS NIKKAH ONLY. WHAT SHOULD I DO.. PLEASE PERSONAL MESSAGE ME IF U CAN,. PLEASE REALLY TENSED

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family
Class.

I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act because you are a person described in paragraph R4 of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

R4. (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act;
or

(b) is not genuine.

It appears from your application that you did not celebrate the Ruhksati after your marriage. I note that your sponsor remained in Pakistan for 3 months after your wedding. You have not submitted an explanation for why you have not celebrated the Rukhsati. It appears that you have not followed the cultural norm in traditional Pakistan weddings of celebrating the Ruhksati straight away or soon after the wedding celebrations. I note that a year has now passed since your marriage and you have not submitted any evidence to demonstrate that you have

celebrated the Rukhsati since your application. Given the above, I have concerns regarding the bona fides of your relationship.

I also note that your marriage was not arranged, as is the custom in Pakistan, but that you have indicated that you met your sponsor at university and fell in love. However, you have not given an explanation for the development of your relationship, or indicated whether your family,
friends and the community at large have accepted your relationship, given the apparent deviation from the cultural norm. This adds to my concerns regarding the bona fides of your
relationship.

Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please respond using the address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence you send to the High Commission of Canada, London, UK.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely, Immigration Officer

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys,
Im trying to fill in the OWP application form.
Im already here in Canada working with a certain employer. What should I check at the question N3
"i am applying for one or more of the following"
-a work permit with the same employer
-restoration of your status as a worker
-an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
-temporary resident permit

My current WP expires in october this year... Do i write any info about my current work at "intended work" park if its an OWP?

Also, they ask about work permit number. Is that the number in red letters starting with BB?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
riz.hash said:
I note that your sponsor remained in Pakistan for 3 months after your wedding. You have not submitted an explanation for why you have not celebrated the Rukhsati. It appears that you have not followed the cultural norm in traditional Pakistan weddings of celebrating the Ruhksati straight away or soon after the wedding celebrations. I note that a year has now passed since your marriage and you have not submitted any evidence to demonstrate that you have celebrated the Rukhsati since your application.

I also note that your marriage was not arranged, as is the custom in Pakistan, but that you have indicated that you met your sponsor at university and fell in love. However, you have not given an explanation for the development of your relationship, or indicated whether your family,
friends and the community at large have accepted your relationship, given the apparent deviation from the cultural norm.

Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.
Do as the letter says and address the concerns.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I appliead last year month of July 2014 and revived AOR August 2014, I was already planning to apply for open work permit after I read the news that it is already possible, but, last January I just found out I am pregnant. My working permit will expire this coming month of May, is there anyone who has the same case or anyone who have any idea or advice to give which is better to do, to apply still open work permit or just to extend my visa? I don't know yet how much it will cost for visa or for the open work permit. If I apply for open work permit still I need to wait, I am not sure if I can still work during the time before my delivery. Please help for a better decision to make. Thank you in advance.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions to ask.

I am a Canadian Citizen who moved to Egypt in September 2011, got married in October 2011 to an Egyptian (after meeting him on vacation in May 2011, he was a friend of a friend….yes I know….whirlwind romance, lol). But due to the fact that I am a foreigner we had to get married in the Ministry of Justice office (not that I am complaining as I wouldn't like a proper wedding). Therefore we don't have any pictures of our wedding (only because there wasn't one), we also didn't celebrate it (we aren't big on celebrations for ourselves). We went on a honeymoon in March 2012, and we have some pictures from that. Also due to his work (he works one month on, one month off) we only have correspondence for the odd month. And when we first got together we chatted on MSN……MSN is no longer available to get proof, we started skyping in 2013 then started using Viber in 2014 (so I can get what I have from that).

Being in Egypt it is hard for me to get a bank account (as I need proof of my address, and there is nothing I have to prove it, the electricity and gas are in the flat owners name, not even my husbands name) and I can't be joint on his account either.

Another point: I was previously married (he has since passed away) but we got married in Vegas (it was just the two of us) for the same reason as I wouldn't want a proper wedding with all the stress and fuss.

How can I show supporting documents of our relationship when it's kind of impossible?? Or feels impossible from some of the stories I've read.

Feeling hopeless.

P.S. We had a daughter in August 2012 ;D
He was declined to just visit Canada for her birth, my friends and family want to meet him, and I think it would be better to raise my daughter there.
I haven't had any income for awhile now, but we can stay at my parents house until we can get jobs. I'm just not sure how to have that written up…….

Sorry I am scatter brained at the moment, too much on my mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Garry2008 said:
your case is genuine but i would recommend to do everything using a Lawyer as your case is little complicated.Nothing is impossible if you have wish to to do. Lack of proofs does not means that you can't prove your genuine relationship and wish to return to Canada.you need to show that you are strongly willing to stay in Canada in the future.And due to lack of some proofs lawyer can build your case strong but make sure he is experienced and with good image.Best of luck for a bettter future.
There is no need to advise this person to use a lawyer, as their case isn't that complicated. She moved to Egypt to be with him, they have a child and the little issues that they do have can be readily explained. A lawyer will not be able to make their case any stronger.

AladdinsGirl said:
How can I show supporting documents of our relationship when it's kind of impossible?? Or feels impossible from some of the stories I've read.

P.S. We had a daughter in August 2012 ;D
He was declined to just visit Canada for her birth, my friends and family want to meet him, and I think it would be better to raise my daughter there.
I haven't had any income for awhile now, but we can stay at my parents house until we can get jobs. I'm just not sure how to have that written up.......
You moved to Egypt to be with him, which is pretty strong relationship evidence in and of itself. The fact that you have continued to live in Egypt with him for several years and have a child is also strong evidence. Given all of that, there is pretty much no chance that your app will be seen as a Marriage of Convenience. You also have proper explanations for the little issues (why no big wedding, no bank account, his on/off job etc.). Also, you don't have to give any explanation about your previous wedding in Vegas; all you would need is to include the marriage cert and his death certificate.

There are many other ways to get evidence. Get lots of letters from your families and friends write letters confirming your relationship. Your parents can write a letter pledging to support you guys while you get on your feet in Canada. Ask the landlord to write a letter confirming you guys live there together and for how long. Write detailed narratives of how your relationship developed. Include pictures from throughout the relationship (with a young child, I'm sure there's no shortage of pics :)). Include your communication data from when you are apart.

You have a lot more proof than you think. I don't see your app having any problems.