+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aug 31, 2010
hi guys!
I am PR holder in canada before sponsoring my husband to Canada. My husband submitted his passport to Canadian immigration Manila April 9, then June 2 he got a letter requesting his school record,Cenomar and our photos together we missed 20 days about this letter,he submitted all the documents required July 9 and then up to now its Sept. 1, already we keep waiting and waiting.It's kind of weird how come they request for the passport first before anything else.How long we still have to wait for the visa? Is there anyone who has any idea...please help me because it's been 8 months of waiting. Thank you...

Aug 31, 2010
seyshane said:
selyainthecity said:
just want to ask bout the process..my husband is canadian and we're about to process our application..he lives in ontario and me in manila..just want to ask if i should include my nbi already with all the immigration forms and send it to him?is it necessary to undergo the medical exam now or should i wait until cic-manila advises me to do so? thanks...i hope u can enlighten me..
[/quote
Hi, since we hav the same situation, my husband is a canadian too and i am here in Pampanga. When my husband went here in Phil. I included all my documents, like NBI,NSO marriage cert. etc.etc..Except of course for the passport. I suggest to do your medical examination also, no need to wait for the advise from the embassy. To avoid delays. Then my husband sent all our documents somewhere in Missisagua( i'm not sure if i spelled in correctly..LOL)
March 2010- sent our docs in canada
April- received our application in manila embassy
May 6, 2010- Application in process(Manila Embassy)

Don't be shy to ask me more...Godbless
thanks for the info...i'll try to have my medical exam asap..i'll msg you again when i have questions..thanks again!!!bon voyage!! ;)

rhizzav

Star Member
Jul 17, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 23
Med's Done....
dec 29 2010
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 04 2010
LANDED..........
OCT 05 2010
angelina_girl25 said:
hi guys!
I am PR holder in canada before sponsoring my husband to Canada. My husband submitted his passport to Canadian immigration Manila April 9, then June 2 he got a letter requesting his school record,Cenomar and our photos together we missed 20 days about this letter,he submitted all the documents required July 9 and then up to now its Sept. 1, already we keep waiting and waiting.It's kind of weird how come they request for the passport first before anything else.How long we still have to wait for the visa? Is there anyone who has any idea...please help me because it's been 8 months of waiting. Thank you...
did you try to follow up ...try to email the canadian embassy manila ...or personally go to embassy manila and i think there is a form you need to fill up if you want to follow up your application ..spousal sponsorship is 6 months .... ;)

rhizzav

Star Member
Jul 17, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 23
Med's Done....
dec 29 2010
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 04 2010
LANDED..........
OCT 05 2010
angelina_girl25 said:
hi guys!
manil @ international.gc.ca. email add ng embassy manila

copy paste ko na lng yung nabasa ko hihihi
Hi All, galing ako embassy kanina kumuha ako ng follow-up form :
here is details needed on the form:
Name of Applicant:
Date of Birth:
File Number:
Email AddressOptional)

Nature of Query: ( Please use the space above to explain your specific questionss/concerns).
Average Processing Time ( calculated from the time the complete application is received in our office)

Spouse/Partner/child 6 mnts.
Parents/grand parents 24 mnts
Skilled workers/enterpreneurs/self-employed business applicants(submitted on or after 27Feb08) 70 mnts
skilled workers 12 months
Investors 38 mnts
Provincial Nominees 11 mnths
Live -In caregivers 12-18 months

Krrrsty

Aug 31, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-08-2011
Leon said:
If you are already waiting 3 months on your inland, if all goes well, you only have about 4 more months until you get first stage approval. You will not be under implied status all that time but after your work permit expires, you do have a 90 day grace period to either apply for restoration of status or get out. The thing is, if you go back to the UK and immigration finds out that you are no longer living in Canada, your inland is gone because it is a requirement for inland that you live in Canada. You would have to apply again outland if that happens and start your waiting all over again.
Thanks for the advice Leon

My concern is that my application didn't even begin the process - Vegreville are currently processing applications received in November 2009.. which leads me to believe that my application (received in June 2010) won't even reach the top of the pile until early next year, after which time, I'll have about 7 months processing time to wait. So, realistically I'm looking at a very long period of unemployment.. Does this sound right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right, they are up to 8-9 months from the 6-7 they were before and things don't seem to be moving much.

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
Hi,

I just have some queries regarding my wife's e-passport, she went to Philippine consulate to have her passport amended but they refuse stating that she should get another one bec. they don't amend passport that were already machine readable unlike the old one. Is it a requirement to have the spouse
passport be amended or can we still submit her passport with the application without getting amended?
Hope somebody here can help me.

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Krrrsty said:
Thanks for the advice Leon

My concern is that my application didn't even begin the process - Vegreville are currently processing applications received in November 2009.. which leads me to believe that my application (received in June 2010) won't even reach the top of the pile until early next year, after which time, I'll have about 7 months processing time to wait. So, realistically I'm looking at a very long period of unemployment.. Does this sound right?
Hi Krrrsty,

you can try to collect EI while you're waiting for your application for PR is approved. Contact your local Service Canada Agency, bring with you all the paperwork (receipts, copy of your application, your LMO, E-CAS print outs, etc) and talk with an agent about your situation, you may be eligible to receive EI in the mean time, not quite sure if this would work, but it's worth to try.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kulilit said:
Hi,

I just have some queries regarding my wife's e-passport, she went to Philippine consulate to have her passport amended but they refuse stating that she should get another one bec. they don't amend passport that were already machine readable unlike the old one. Is it a requirement to have the spouse
passport be amended or can we still submit her passport with the application without getting amended?
Hope somebody here can help me.
Why does the passport need to be amended? Do you mean extended? If her passport has expired, she will need to get a new one before the visa post will issue a visa. They will not issue a visa in an expired passort. If the Philippines doesn't extend passports, then she needs to get a new one.

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
@rjessome

amendment to say that this person is already married, DFA in the philippines and consulates around the world do that in order not to change passport name from single to married. but my worry is does it matter to them if the passport is not yet amended? Thank you for the prompt reply. I'm under spouse sponsorship.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Hello all, I am Canadian, and my fiance is American - this is our second marriage for both of us. We've been together for abot a year and a half, and engaged since Christmas Eve 2009.

I know that we have extra steps in order to be married - and I believe we have to get the government to recognize his divorce as being valid before we can even be granted a marriage license, that process is a bit confusing and scary to me - and I don't know what to expect.

Also - is income a big factor in the sponsorship? Since my divorce, I do work full time, but I do have a lot of debt due to my divorce, and I am living at home, and that is where he would be living as well until we both are able to get on our feet and move forward - would this cause problems for us?

I am also wondering, if I was to sponsor him after we are married (if we're able to be married), and he chose to live in the US during this so he could continue working his job there - would he still be allowed to visit while the application is being processed? Is this way of doing things the longer/more difficult way?

Any advice would be awesome, thanks in advance!

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
selyainthecity said:
just want to ask bout the process..my husband is canadian and we're about to process our application..he lives in ontario and me in manila..just want to ask if i should include my nbi already with all the immigration forms and send it to him?is it necessary to undergo the medical exam now or should i wait until cic-manila advises me to do so? thanks...i hope u can enlighten me..
Hi selyainthecity! :)
Im newbie here , Me too, im in a process of filling out an application. My husband is in ontario and im from bulacan. according to what i've read, yes u have to include nbi clearance to you application form and send it to him. and yes you have to undergo medical first. I sent u a private message but your inbox says it full already.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brightredscream said:
Also - is income a big factor in the sponsorship? Since my divorce, I do work full time, but I do have a lot of debt due to my divorce, and I am living at home, and that is where he would be living as well until we both are able to get on our feet and move forward - would this cause problems for us?
No, as long as you aren't bankrupt, you are ok.

brightredscream said:
I am also wondering, if I was to sponsor him after we are married (if we're able to be married), and he chose to live in the US during this so he could continue working his job there - would he still be allowed to visit while the application is being processed? Is this way of doing things the longer/more difficult way?
There is no problem sponsoring him while he stays in the US. It does not take longer and he is allowed to come visit you while you wait for processing. Even better if he has a job in the US that he can prove to the IO that he is not planning on overstaying.