+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

seyshane

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
PR visa

hi po sa lahat. sana po may makatulong sakin sa pagsagot sa mga tanong ko. D na q makatulog sa kakaisip dahil dito :(..
I'm applying for PR visa, husband ko po ang sponsor ko, canadian po sya. May anak na po ako who is 3 years old before ko pa nakilala ang mister ko. kasama din sya sa inaplay namin. I'm from Guagua, Pampanga Phil.
May 6,2010 nakareceive ako letter from embassy, pinapaforward po passport naming mag ina at NBI ko. Namali ako ng bigay na copy ng NBI, so naiforward ko nalang po yung NBI with dry sealed noong JUNE 25,2010, pero yung passport namin noon pang May 2010 ko naisent sa kanila.
Tanong po naming mag asawa bakit ang tagal bago makuha ang visa naming mag ina, samantalang wala naman pong problema sa lahat ng documents namin. Nakapag pamedical na din po kami. Ano pa po kaya ang hinaantay nila mula samin. =(...Sa twing tatawag naman po ako sa manila embassy, wala silang masabi regarding sa VIsa status namin. Ano po kaya posibleng problema?
Bukod po sa sobrang miss ko na ang asawa ko, gusto ko din pong makapag aral ang baby ko this year sa canada.
SALAMAT po ng marami sa mga taong sasagot sa post ko.=(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PR visa

I think you should post your message in English. Alternatively you can PM your message to job_seeker who is good at filipino.

seyshane said:
hi po sa lahat. sana po may makatulong sakin sa pagsagot sa mga tanong ko. D na q makatulog sa kakaisip dahil dito :(..
I'm applying for PR visa, husband ko po ang sponsor ko, canadian po sya. May anak na po ako who is 3 years old before ko pa nakilala ang mister ko. kasama din sya sa inaplay namin. I'm from Guagua, Pampanga Phil.
May 6,2010 nakareceive ako letter from embassy, pinapaforward po passport naming mag ina at NBI ko. Namali ako ng bigay na copy ng NBI, so naiforward ko nalang po yung NBI with dry sealed noong JUNE 25,2010, pero yung passport namin noon pang May 2010 ko naisent sa kanila.
Tanong po naming mag asawa bakit ang tagal bago makuha ang visa naming mag ina, samantalang wala naman pong problema sa lahat ng documents namin. Nakapag pamedical na din po kami. Ano pa po kaya ang hinaantay nila mula samin. =(...Sa twing tatawag naman po ako sa manila embassy, wala silang masabi regarding sa VIsa status namin. Ano po kaya posibleng problema?
Bukod po sa sobrang miss ko na ang asawa ko, gusto ko din pong makapag aral ang baby ko this year sa canada.

rhizzav

Star Member
Jul 17, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 23
Med's Done....
dec 29 2010
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 04 2010
LANDED..........
OCT 05 2010
Re: PR visa

seyshane said:
[ote] did you check your ecas.....or try email the canadian embassy

you

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeShoo said:
He needs a place of permanent residence in the outside country and he has to maintain his visitor or work permit, etc. which he remains in Canada. Unless you've been told otherwise 6 months is the maximum you're allowed to stay. After that you have to apply for extensions, which won't necessarily be granted but they usually will with an outland application in the works, as long as he can still prove that his stay is temporary (for now) and that he can support himself or be supported without working illegally.

Thanks for the info BeShoo. I was also wondering if we could choose which outland visa office to go through? My partner is British but has been living in Portugal so that would be his place of permanent residence. From what I have read Portugal generally goes through the Paris office for the interview. So, what I was wondering is whether or not he could choose to go through the London visa office instead as it would probably be more convenient when travelling from Canada?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can pick on the forms if you want the application to go to the visa office of his nationality or his residence.

seyshane

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
HI, sorry i posted my message in tagalog,.
I am a Filipino citizen, my husband is the one who sponsored me and my son. We wer just wondering why Manila canadian embassy take it so long for my PR visa?
I received letter from them last May 2010 requesting for me and my son passport, and i sent our passport(including my son's passport) at the end of May 2010., then, June 23, 2010 the embassy foned me, telling me that they got the wrong copy of my NBI clearance. Then i went to their office and sent my NBI last June 25, 2010.
I already had my Client file number, just wondering what more they need from me, We already had my medical and also my son. Why they take it so long for my application. Until now they haven't yet fon me. =(
I miss my husband already, and also i want my son to go to school in canada this year.
Anyone please help me to answer my question.
Thank you

mhiggins

Aug 12, 2010
Hello all,

First of all, this is a fantastic resource with tons of useful information. I love the community and I hope to help out others throughout my visa process. I really need help with this matter and hope people can help me out

I am from Ireland and currently trying to get an LMO, my employer has spoken to the HRSDC rep and everything seems to be going well and he thinks the LMO should be sealed this week. My question is, I want my common law partner to stay with me on my visa. She is also Irish and employed in Canada.

What do we have to do? We have signed leases over 1 year old, joint bank accounts, and credit card. Is this all the inofrmation we have to provide? Also, our visas are due to expire in 2 weeks so we will have to go to "implied" status. How does my partner prove this to here employers? Please Help!!

My LMO is filed under the NOC Code 1411, even though my job description fits under 0611. This is due to wage discrepancies which are unavoidable. I work in SEO which is very specialized and new to Canada so it is hard to put in an NOC code which my employer is arguing. I read somewhere that having a common law partner added to your visa is dependant on your skill level, is this true?

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help.

Mick

Reactions: malimu

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
mhiggins said:
I am from Ireland and currently trying to get an LMO, my employer has spoken to the HRSDC rep and everything seems to be going well and he thinks the LMO should be sealed this week. My question is, I want my common law partner to stay with me on my visa. She is also Irish and employed in Canada.
For a family class application, you have to prove that you and she cohabited continuously for at least one full year (for common law status) at some time before the filing of the application. If you didn't list her on your application when you first became a permanent resident, you can't ever sponsor her as a famiy member later. If you are not a permanent resident (as it sounds like you are not), you can't sponsor her as a family member anyway.

I read somewhere that having a common law partner added to your visa is dependant on your skill level, is this true?
As for this, I can't advise you on that (since I don't know anything about skilled worker applications), and this section of the forum is for "family class sponsorship" so it's probably not the best pace to ask.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhiggins said:
My LMO is filed under the NOC Code 1411, even though my job description fits under 0611. This is due to wage discrepancies which are unavoidable. I work in SEO which is very specialized and new to Canada so it is hard to put in an NOC code which my employer is arguing. I read somewhere that having a common law partner added to your visa is dependant on your skill level, is this true?
Your question has actually nothing to do this this thread which is actually about spousal sponsorship for PR and not work permits but what you have heard is true, it depends on your skill level if you can add your partner to your visa. Even if you do get your LMO and work permit, 1411 is a semi-skilled occupation and therefore you do not have the right to apply for a visa and open work permit for your common law partner. Your wife would have to qualify for an LMO and work permit on her own.

Aug 31, 2010
just want to ask bout the process..my husband is canadian and we're about to process our application..he lives in ontario and me in manila..just want to ask if i should include my nbi already with all the immigration forms and send it to him?is it necessary to undergo the medical exam now or should i wait until cic-manila advises me to do so? thanks...i hope u can enlighten me..

Krrrsty

Aug 31, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-08-2011
Hi all

thanks for all the info - it's a great forum!

I have a small problem I'm hoping someone has a solution for!

I have a work permit sponsored by a company which expires in October.
I have been living with my partner in Canada for 5 years - we've submitted a spousal sponsorship (but it hasn't started to be processed yet - it was received in Vegreville late June) I wasn't aware that I could send an open work permit application along with this...
The company I work for requested a new LMO in order to get another work permit but it came back negative. So, I'm not sure what to do next..

I've been told by a lawyer that I can still apply for a work permit but I understand from some of you guys that I MUST enclose it in the same envelope with the spousal sponsorship.. I'd rather not withdraw it and lose the 3 months waiting time I've done already, but is this the only way to get an "implied status"? I can't afford to stay here without a job!!!!

I'm from the UK and have had several sponsored work permits since 2005.

Thanks in advance!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to send it in the same envelope. Send in a request to change your status to visitor. Ask that they change your status as of the date in October that your work permit expires. Give as a reason that you have tried to extend your work permit but were refused an LMO so since you can not extend, you want to change your status to visitor so you can stay in Canada as you are applying inland for sponsorship.

Since it is a requirement for inland that you live in Canada, they will not deny your application to change status. You can also send a work permit application at the same time and list as a reason there that you are applying for an open work permit to be granted to you upon your first stage approval. You could also wait until you actually have first stage approval and apply for your open work permit then but by applying for it earlier, you might save yourself a bit of waiting time.

Krrrsty

Aug 31, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-08-2011
Thanks Leon

I suppose I have some decisions to make - I can't afford to stay here without a job but it looks at the moment as if Vegreville won't get to first stage approval until this time next year... I don't have "implied status" until the work permit starts processing do I?
I'm on the verge of giving up all together - rather be miserable in England but have an income than stuck here with no way to pay the rent! :'(

rock/hard place ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are already waiting 3 months on your inland, if all goes well, you only have about 4 more months until you get first stage approval. You will not be under implied status all that time but after your work permit expires, you do have a 90 day grace period to either apply for restoration of status or get out. The thing is, if you go back to the UK and immigration finds out that you are no longer living in Canada, your inland is gone because it is a requirement for inland that you live in Canada. You would have to apply again outland if that happens and start your waiting all over again.

seyshane

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
selyainthecity said:
just want to ask bout the process..my husband is canadian and we're about to process our application..he lives in ontario and me in manila..just want to ask if i should include my nbi already with all the immigration forms and send it to him?is it necessary to undergo the medical exam now or should i wait until cic-manila advises me to do so? thanks...i hope u can enlighten me..
[/quote
Hi, since we hav the same situation, my husband is a canadian too and i am here in Pampanga. When my husband went here in Phil. I included all my documents, like NBI,NSO marriage cert. etc.etc..Except of course for the passport. I suggest to do your medical examination also, no need to wait for the advise from the embassy. To avoid delays. Then my husband sent all our documents somewhere in Missisagua( i'm not sure if i spelled in correctly..LOL)
March 2010- sent our docs in canada
April- received our application in manila embassy
May 6, 2010- Application in process(Manila Embassy)

Don't be shy to ask me more...Godbless