canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dombledore said:
What does this email mean? Do we need to contact local CIC office to have an interview? Or keep waiting to be contacted by CIC then proceed the landing procedure?
I would just flagpole at the border tomorrow instead of waiting for CIC. It could be months before you might get an appointment.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
msbigshot said:
Im an August applicant and my husband and I have no approval either... Just waiting, someone said they waited 80+ days before they received SA

Me and my husband only waited for 28 days when we received our SA

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
MissRepresentation said:
No, it was never sent back to us. In a way I wish it had been because it'd have saved me a lot of hassle! Will definitely post that email re. refunds & withdrawal process.
I spoke to a CIC agent on the phone this morning and she said because our app was sent back in full, we can use the original payment receipts because they never entered the system! We don't need to ask for a refund or pay again, and we don't need to formally withdraw our Inland app. Whew!!!!!

My problem now is I can't figure out how to apply to restore my visa online. The online takes 26 days and by mail takes 72 days (which I don't have before my 90-day grace period is up). But the link to apply online is broken on the website. Does anyone know how to submit forms/applications online? It's IMM 5078, (Apply to Change Conditions, Extend Your Stay, or Remain in Canada as a Visitor). I need to restore my visitor status.

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
Mariac819 said:
What I understand from this email:

1. They know he is INSIDE Canada with a work permit
2. Therefore, they are setting up a "landing" inside Canada so that he doesn't have to go to the border and do it.

Makes perfect sense when you think about it. Why exit and come back into the country if you are already inside. They probably will do whatever it is they do at "landing" so that they can issue him his PR card.
That totally makes sense! Thanks for your input. Just hope they could contact us asap..

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
I would just flagpole at the border tomorrow instead of waiting for CIC. It could be months before you might get an appointment.
Cool...good idea! waiting for being contacted is always a long journey!!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Silly question probably but what does it mean to flagpole at the border? :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
It means you go to your nearest land boarder crossing.You tell immigration you are flag polling and you can land and get your PR. E.G Rainbow bridge U.S.A /Canada . You go into the office lol like you see on Boarder control.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
taffy7 said:
It means you go to your nearest land boarder crossing.You tell immigration you are flag polling and you can land and get your PR. E.G Rainbow bridge U.S.A /Canada . You go into the office lol like you see on Boarder control.
Ohh :)... lol Thanks :p .. So you don't actually cross over to the USA you just stop in Canada at the office. I've only been inside once but I remember now they have customs officers in there and everything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Mariac819 said:
Ohh :)... lol Thanks :p .. So you don't actually cross over to the USA you just stop in Canada at the office. I've only been inside once but I remember now they have customs officers in there and everything.
Yes, you have to actually go see US immigration; they are very familiar with people flag-poling and will just give you a slip of paper to give to CBSA to show that you did leave Canada (unless you actually decide to enter the US for a bit, in which case your entry stamp will serve as proof for CBSA). CBSA used to land people that hadn't actually left Canada (they would just U-turn before actually seeing US immigration) but they no longer do that.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you have to actually go see US immigration; they are very familiar with people flag-poling and will just give you a slip of paper to give to CBSA to show that you did leave Canada (unless you actually decide to enter the US for a bit, in which case your entry stamp will serve as proof for CBSA). CBSA used to land people that hadn't actually left Canada (they would just U-turn before actually seeing US immigration) but they no longer do that.
Ok makes sense! ... So you are flagpole-ing two poles? the USA pole and the Canadian Pole.. Teee heee...

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
I can't find many helpful answers about whether I'll be criminally inadmissible or not. I have entered Canada with visitor visas multiple times without anyone asking about a criminal history. If I submit my criminal history with the application and CIC determines me "inadmissible," I won't be allowed in Canada until deemed "rehabilitated;" does this mean I will be removed from the country immediately? Will I be in trouble for having entered the country? Or will they simply tell me to leave by a certain date.

I'm asking because I'm going to submit an application, but my criminal history may cause CIC to determine me "inadmissible."

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Mariac819 said:
Ok makes sense! ... So you are flagpole-ing two poles? the USA pole and the Canadian Pole.. Teee heee...
Flagpoling is like in a cartoon - you stick your arm out, grab the flagpole and use it to spin around until you are facing in the direction from which you came. If you were in an actual cartoon, of course, you would spin around the pole about 40 times before letting go.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
rigmarole9000 said:
I can't find many helpful answers about whether I'll be criminally inadmissible or not. I have entered Canada with visitor visas multiple times without anyone asking about a criminal history. If I submit my criminal history with the application and CIC determines me "inadmissible," I won't be allowed in Canada until deemed "rehabilitated;" does this mean I will be removed from the country immediately? Will I be in trouble for having entered the country? Or will they simply tell me to leave by a certain date.

I'm asking because I'm going to submit an application, but my criminal history may cause CIC to determine me "inadmissible."
It might be better to post this as a new topic in the forum as there are some senior members with extensive experience of this who might be able to help. From what I understand it will depend on the nature of the crime, and how long has passed from conviction/offence whether CIC would consider you 'rehabilitated.' It might be difficult to get an opinion without a bit more info on the nature of the offences.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rigmarole9000 said:

Nothing with CIC or CBSA is ever "immediate" so unless you actually do something else, they aren't going to immediately remove you. They might provide you with a removal order that tells you to leave by a certain date (a "departure order") but even that can be challenged.

As for whether or not you are criminally inadmissible, it's a tricky question because it requires details about the specific charges and how they would be considered under Canadian law. The time since you completed your sentence may also have a bearing.

Complex issues like this strongly suggest obtaining an attorney with experience in this area.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
rigmarole9000 said:

Normally, I think most immigration questions can be answered on your own with a bit of digging, but in your case I would suggest contacting a real Canadian immigration lawyer who has some expertise in criminal inadmissibility cases to figure out your best options.

That said, here's what I found:
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp, a "reckless driving" conviction (called "dangerous driving" in Canada) if you were 18 or over at the time puts you in the criminally inadmissible category.

So, the question seems to be whether there is some factor that would make you not criminally inadmissible or that would enable you to get rehabilited. First, what was your age at the time - if your conviction occurred when you were under 18, it looks like you'll be ok. Second, if your reckless driving led to any injuries, then it's punishable by up to 10 years in prison (according to this site: http://www.defencelaw.com/penalty-driving.html, and you would not be eligible to be "deemed rehabilitated" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp#a1), and you would have to apply to for individual rehabilitation.

Dangerous driving without an injury is punishable by up to 5 years (according to that same site), and it looks like there's a 5-year waiting period after your punishment ended before you're eligible for rehabilitation in that case (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312ETOC.asp#5312E3), so you're not in a great spot. If after looking at all of this you decide that you are not admissible to Canada at the present time, it might be better to try to live together in the US until you can be formally rehabilitated.

Finally, my best advice to you is not to try to hide anything, and to make it clear that you are really sorry, that you regret the event, and that you've changed your reckless ways and are now a model citizen.