12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding consent letter from the father of my daughter. we are not legally married but he signed as the father of my daughter on her birth certificate. we've been separated for more than 15 years now.
But CEM is asking me to send them a letter of consent from the father of my daughter in which i cannot produce because i do not have any contact with him anymore nor his family and for more than 15 years he did not even bother ask if his children because we had 3 are ok.

My concern now is what are my options in the absence of this consent letter...what do i need to do?
I hope anyone can help me out what is needed to be done.

Thank you in advance...

Soth

Nov 6, 2014
Good Morning All,

I have some questions that im hoping can be answered here. First a little background..I am a Canadian citizin born and raised and recently married an amazing woman from Ukraine. She is educated and speaks english fluently. We have been married for 5 months and she has been here for a little over 6. She recently was approved for her Visitors visa extension while we finish up the paper work for her PR. We recieved a notice with her extension that a medical is required within 30 days but foundout last week that she is pregnant. Due to the fact that she cant get an xray, and she will be applying for PR very soon. What must be done in this situation? Also are there any thoughts on getting some sort of insurance for pre-natel health care?
Part of her application requires a translated notorized birth certificate. She has the birth certificate in Canada and needs to know if the translation and notorized copy can be done in Canada. Thanks for any help and will probably be on here daily. Oh ya shes doing the inland process because honestly we cant be apart

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Soth said:
Good Morning All,

I have some questions that im hoping can be answered here. First a little background..I am a Canadian citizin born and raised and recently married an amazing woman from Ukraine. She is educated and speaks english fluently. We have been married for 5 months and she has been here for a little over 6. She recently was approved for her Visitors visa extension while we finish up the paper work for her PR. We recieved a notice with her extension that a medical is required within 30 days but foundout last week that she is pregnant. Due to the fact that she cant get an xray, and she will be applying for PR very soon. What must be done in this situation? Also are there any thoughts on getting some sort of insurance for pre-natel health care?
Part of her application requires a translated notorized birth certificate. She has the birth certificate in Canada and needs to know if the translation and notorized copy can be done in Canada. Thanks for any help and will probably be on here daily. Oh ya shes doing the inland process because honestly we cant be apart
When people are pregnant and need to do the medical and don't feel comfortable having the x ray, I believe the doctor can send along a form saying that the medical is postponed until after the baby has been born. As for health insurance, I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I don't think you will find an insurance company willing to take on prenatal care. You will probably have to pay out of pocket, which can get quite expensive, for the birth alone. I have heard of people using a midwife in situations like this as they are much cheaper, but if there are complications in the pregnancy then hospital care will probably be required. Hopefully someone else can pipe up about this, but I think you will be very hard pressed to find an insurance company that will cover any prenatal or birth of the baby, especially because with complications during labour, Ive heard the birth can cost upward of $10,000 if it goes beyond a regular, vaginal birth with no complications.

Good luck and congratulations on your wife's pregnancy.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lynnie24 said:
I have a question regarding consent letter from the father of my daughter. we are not legally married but he signed as the father of my daughter on her birth certificate. we've been separated for more than 15 years now.
But CEM is asking me to send them a letter of consent from the father of my daughter in which i cannot produce because i do not have any contact with him anymore nor his family and for more than 15 years he did not even bother ask if his children because we had 3 are ok.

My concern now is what are my options in the absence of this consent letter...what do i need to do?
Hi

Were you married to him when the child was born? If you were, then you need either the letter of permission from him or court documents granting you sole custody of the child. Without either of those, CIC can't allow your daughter to immigrate to Canada because it could potentially make them a party to an international kidnapping.

If you weren't married to him and the child is illegitimate, then Philippine law states that you have complete custody of the child. Have a look at this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/child-custody-philippines-t183010.0.html;msg3648823#msg3648823.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Soth said:
We recieved a notice with her extension that a medical is required within 30 days but foundout last week that she is pregnant. Due to the fact that she cant get an xray, and she will be applying for PR very soon. What must be done in this situation?
The visitor extension was granted on the condition that she complete the medical, so if she doesn't, it's very possible that CIC may revoke the extension. Visitors from certain regions staying in Canada for more than 6 months are required under the law to have the medical done to show that they aren't a risk to Canada, so I don't believe that CIC can grant any leeway on this.

I suggest you speak to her doctor about the chest X-ray. It is generally considered to be safe for pregnant women, as they cover the belly with a lead apron. Have a look here http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/MedicalImaging/MedicalX-Rays/ucm142632.htm.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Thank you canuck_in_uk for the response, no i am not married to him and we live together as husband and wife for 13 years. and had been separated for more than 15 years now, and do not have any communication anymore for that long.

So i can just make an affidavit with my lawyer then, and embassy will accept the affidavit in the absence of consent letter..

Thanks again for this link appreciate a lot. God Bless. :):):)

canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Were you married to him when the child was born? If you were, then you need either the letter of permission from him or court documents granting you sole custody of the child. Without either of those, CIC can't allow your daughter to immigrate to Canada because it could potentially make them a party to an international kidnapping.

If you weren't married to him and the child is illegitimate, then Philippine law states that you have complete custody of the child. Have a look at this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/child-custody-philippines-t183010.0.html;msg3648823#msg3648823.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Soth said:
Also are there any thoughts on getting some sort of insurance for pre-natel health care?
Since she is already pregnant, she can no longer get any type of insurance that will cover typical pregnancy-related costs.

What you need to do is IMMEDIATELY try to get a midwife. They are free even to people that don't have provincial healthcare. They are also in very high demand in some cities so if you don't apply for one near the beginning of your pregnancy there's a good chance you will be left on a waiting list. With a midwife all of the pre-natal check-ups and care will be free to you, and you'll just need to pay for things like ultrasounds and bloodwork. With a midwife you can also do a home birth and as long as you don't need to go to the hospital for anything, the delivery itself could also be free to you.

Oh ya shes doing the inland process because honestly we cant be apart
You can apply outland and as long as she maintains her visitor status (usually easier for visa-exempt applicants), she can stay in Canada with you during the entire processing time. If your outland visa office is quicker than inland times, then you should really consider doing an outland application.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
looking for advice. I'm a little anxious/nervous/confused/unsure of what to do next...

I've married a TFW. She's the best thing to happen to me since I joined the Army.

Her work permit is set to expire in the new year. (2015)

We'll be submitting an inland spousal sponsorship application by the end of this month. By then we should have all the documents...

Do we also apply for an OWP? (is this necessary? will she be allowed to continue working?) my understanding is, all it will do is speed up a OWP being issued, kind of like an upfront medical? on the OWP application, can you point me to the forms exactly? how do we go about handling the employer info and projected time of stay, info etc? No sense in adding the current TFW employers information, sense they aren't offering her another contract...? any advice dealing with that portion of the OWP? Can we submit an extension for her current work permit and a OWP application (with the family package)?

Do we have to also apply for a visitor visa? (because the old permit is expiring)

What if, all we do is the in land spousal sponsorship? After the old permit expires will she still benefit from implied status?

What else am I missing?

Thank you.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
w1104 said:
looking for advice. I'm a little anxious/nervous/confused/unsure of what to do next...

I've married a TFW. She's the best thing to happen to me since I joined the Army.

Her work permit is set to expire in the new year. (2015)

We'll be submitting an inland spousal sponsorship application by the end of this month. By then we should have all the documents...

Do we also apply for an OWP? (is this necessary? will she be allowed to continue working?) my understanding is, all it will do is speed up a OWP being issued, kind of like an upfront medical? on the OWP application, can you point me to the forms exactly? how do we go about handling the employer info and projected time of stay, info etc? No sense in adding the current TFW employers information, sense they aren't offering her another contract...? any advice dealing with that portion of the OWP? Can we submit an extension for her current work permit and a OWP application (with the family package)?

Do we have to also apply for a visitor visa? (because the old permit is expiring)

What if, all we do is the in land spousal sponsorship? After the old permit expires will she still benefit from implied status?

What else am I missing?

Thank you.
from which country is she? cause you may consider applying outland instead.
she can be in canada and apply outland.

Tado11

Feb 14, 2014
hi everyone

I have some issues and might need some clarification

1. My partner got pr just a couple of weeks ago but did not declare me as common law partner. And can't sponsor me but a week after we decided to legalize our union. We got married a week after got the pr and wants to sponsor me, we both are in Canada and married in Alberta , but my WP is about to expire and my partner wants to sponsor me..

. Can my partner sponsor me right now ?
. Do you think CIC will questions that , because we live together for like 4-5 years in Canada but did not declare me as common law when got her pr but rather marry me a week after she got her pr.

Just so curious and I don't want her to said using misrepresentation.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tado11 said:
hi everyone

I have some issues and might need some clarification

1. My partner got pr just a couple of weeks ago but did not declare me as common law partner. And can't sponsor me but a week after we decided to legalize our union. We got married a week after got the pr and wants to sponsor me, we both are in Canada and married in Alberta , but my WP is about to expire and my partner wants to sponsor me..

. Do you think CIC will questions that , because we live together for like 4-5 years in Canada but did not declare me as common law when got her pr but rather marry me a week after she got her pr.

Thanks
Unfortunately, since your partner did not declare you as her partner she can never sponsor you (even though you are now married) under the Family Class Sponsorship. You will need to find your own path to becoming a PR of Canada.

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
w1104 said:
Do we also apply for an OWP? (is this necessary? will she be allowed to continue working?) my understanding is, all it will do is speed up a OWP being issued, kind of like an upfront medical?
You should submit an OWP app with the inland PR app. It won't speed up anything. If she is on a closed work permit right now, applying for an OWP would allow her to continue working under the exact conditions of her previous permit. However, as you've said that her employer is not renewing her contract, she will not be able to work until she actually receives the OWP, currently taking at least 14 months after app submission.

w1104 said:
on the OWP application, can you point me to the forms exactly? how do we go about handling the employer info and projected time of stay, info etc? No sense in adding the current TFW employers information, sense they aren't offering her another contract...? any advice dealing with that portion of the OWP? Can we submit an extension for her current work permit and a OWP application (with the family package)?
The OWP app is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp. You can just write in "OWP" or something for the employer/LMIA sections.

You can't submit an extension of her current work permit if her employer isn't keeping her on. Just submit the OWP app with the PR app.

w1104 said:

No, you don't need to apply for a visitor visa. Including the OWP app with the inland PR app will give her Implied Status through the process.

Without the OWP included, she would have NO STATUS after her work permit expires. Bad idea, don't let it happen.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Tado11 said:

As Ponga said above, and as you (or your partner) were previously advised last month, your partner can never sponsor you. And by not including you in her PR application, she has already committed misrepresentation.

w1104

Oct 25, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
You should submit an OWP app with the inland PR app. It won't speed up anything. If she is on a closed work permit right now, applying for an OWP would allow her to continue working under the exact conditions of her previous permit. However, as you've said that her employer is not renewing her contract, she will not be able to work until she actually receives the OWP, currently taking at least 14 months after app submission.

The OWP app is here cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp. You can just write in "OWP" or something for the employer/LMIA sections.

You can't submit an extension of her current work permit if her employer isn't keeping her on. Just submit the OWP app with the PR app.

No, you don't need to apply for a visitor visa. Including the OWP app with the inland PR app will give her Implied Status through the process.

Without the OWP included, she would have NO STATUS after her work permit expires. Bad idea, don't let it happen.
Thank you.

If I understand correctly, it'll be acceptable to put in "OWP" in the employer/proposed contract employment sections? I just don't want to get denied for any typo/misconception that may occur...I know there’s one section where it asks how long the proposed employment will be. it really doesn't apply in this situation, so I don't know how to handle it? it'd be a little much to have her out looking for a job offer for 14 months in the future. I'm really trying to get my head around how to fill this thing out properly/honestly. I dont want to leave an opportunity for anyone to misconstrue anything...

Another thing, as far as the presentation of the application package, would it be acceptable to send in the whole package in a binder neatly labeled with dividers etc?

the last thing, (i think) on the checklists. Call me crazy but I worry about screwing the check list up to. A lot of the stuff doesn't apply to us, we've never been divorced or have children so a lot of the items on the check list don’t apply. but. I don't want to leave anything un-checked because I read they'll return it if anything is missing. :/ so... the checklist is stressing me out. HA...
any words to help me see this in a diffrferent light is welcomed.
Thanks.