19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Re: Change of Mailing Address Question

Mariac819 said:
Good Day everyone!

We already received SA - My application will be going to Ottawa.

I am heading to Canada for the holidays and to wait for my PR application to be finalized. (My husband lives in Ottawa).

I wanted to change my mailing address in my application so that they can mail my COPR to Ottawa instead of NYC. Will this be too much of a hassle? Would it raise any red flags? Can I change it via email or do I need to submit a written request?

Thanks! :)
My husband and I moved partway through his application. We updated our address in eCAS and had no issues, the CoPR came to our new address.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
bittersweet_C#m said:
Hello, will my future wife have healthcare after we get married? I'm a Canadian citizen and she is a foreigner with a multiple entry visa. The plan is that we marry in Canada while she is on her 6 month visitor stay. Should she get some insurance before she lands? Thank you!
It depends what province you are in. If you are an Alberta resident, then as soon as you are married your wife would be able to get Alberta healthcare. If you are in other provinces, your wife might not be eligible until 3 months after she lands as a PR. Yes, it is usually advisable to get insurance if she will not be covered by provincial healthcare.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
suratguyforu said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum and while researching on internet about spousal sponsorship, i found this very useful. I have few questions about sponsoring my wife.

I am canadian PR which i got in July 2014. I met my wife on shaadi.com in july '14 itself and we talked for 2 months and i went to India in oct 14 to get engaged and do court marriage so that i can apply for her Pr. she is in delhi rightnow and i got back to canada yesterday and want her pr application to be processed asap.

I have these few queries for now

1)she has her name with her family name/surname on her passport. do we need to apply for her new passport with my name attached to her name before we can apply for pr or her current passport is fine for application?

2) i dont have job rightnow as i went to India after resigning at work because they wouldn't give me leaves. I have my T4 and assessment from last year '13. is it required that i get new job before putting file or i can submit what i have and find job at the same time.?

also is there any other way after applying for pr on which i can call her here sooner? i heard there are dependent visas too but i don't find anything online about it. please advice.

Thanks.

these are the core questions for now. also i would appreciate any other relevant information that is required at initial stage but i don't have idea about and info about any other way like visitor/dependent visa after applying for pr so that she can come quicker.

Thank you very much for all the support.
I don't have answers for all of your questions but here's a bit of info.

1. If she wants her PR card to eventually be in her married name, and you have time, it is easier to apply for her passport with her new last name and then apply for PR. If she doesn't mind her PR card being in her maiden name, then she can use her old passport and either keep her maiden name or pay once she gets her PR card for it to be changed to her married name.

2. It is okay for you to apply without having a job, however you cannot be on welfare if you are applying to sponsor her. You will have to show CIC that you have some way of supporting yourself without going on welfare in order to sponsor her. There is no minimum income needed for spousal sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
march2014 said:
I just want to ask, has any if you completed the medical tests needed while pregnant? I'm afraid to undergo X-ray procedure although chest X-ray is less harmful to my abdomen. I was told by St.Lukes Hospital that they will put my result on hold if I won't be able to complete the tests. They asked me to ask my OB first if it's allowed. I can't reach my OB as of the moment, I'm wondering if any pregnant applicants were allowed to finish all required tests?
It is entirely your decision whether to have the X-ray, though sometimes doctors aren't willing to do it simply because of liability. Most major medical associations consider it very safe to have a chest X-ray while pregnant, as they cover your belly with a lead apron.

If you decide not to do it, the doctor will perform all of the other tests and give you an X-ray deferral form and your PR app will be put on hold until after the birth. You would then complete the X-ray after the birth and CIC would continue processing your app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
suratguyforu said:
I am canadian PR which i got in July 2014. I met my wife on shaadi.com in july '14 itself and we talked for 2 months and i went to India in oct 14 to get engaged and do court marriage so that i can apply for her Pr. she is in delhi rightnow and i got back to canada yesterday and want her pr application to be processed asap.
At first glance, you have several potential red flags: only speaking long distance for 2 months, marrying on the first visit and only having a court marriage. If the marriage had been arranged by your families or in a traditional way, the first few points wouldn't be a big deal; however, because you met online and it's not an arranged marriage, those first 2 points may be seen as an issue. The court marriage in particular is usually a big red flag in Indian applications, regardless of whether the marriage was arranged or not, as it is very unusual for the culture. CIC likes to see proof of the traditional big Indian wedding, with all of the ceremonies that go along with it.

I suggest you move over to the New Delhi threads, as you will probably get some better advice for your situation from others going through the New Delhi office.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.10275.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.52995.html

suratguyforu

Nov 4, 2014
saskatchewan,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Request
remedical Jan/05/2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
MizAngel said:
I don't have answers for all of your questions but here's a bit of info.

1. If she wants her PR card to eventually be in her married name, and you have time, it is easier to apply for her passport with her new last name and then apply for PR. If she doesn't mind her PR card being in her maiden name, then she can use her old passport and either keep her maiden name or pay once she gets her PR card for it to be changed to her married name.

2. It is okay for you to apply without having a job, however you cannot be on welfare if you are applying to sponsor her. You will have to show CIC that you have some way of supporting yourself without going on welfare in order to sponsor her. There is no minimum income needed for spousal sponsorship.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIZANGEL FOR YOUR TIME AND REPLY. :)

suratguyforu

Nov 4, 2014
saskatchewan,ca
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Request
remedical Jan/05/2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
At first glance, you have several potential red flags: only speaking long distance for 2 months, marrying on the first visit and only having a court marriage. If the marriage had been arranged by your families or in a traditional way, the first few points wouldn't be a big deal; however, because you met online and it's not an arranged marriage, those first 2 points may be seen as an issue. The court marriage in particular is usually a big red flag in Indian applications, regardless of whether the marriage was arranged or not, as it is very unusual for the culture. CIC likes to see proof of the traditional big Indian wedding, with all of the ceremonies that go along with it.

I suggest you move over to the New Delhi threads, as you will probably get some better advice for your situation from others going through the New Delhi office.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANUCK_IN_UK FOR YOU REPLY.:)

mehar_sheri

Nov 4, 2014
Hi, I wanted to know of cases similar to mine and what your timeline was.Some background information: I currently reside in pakistan, and my spouse resides in Canada. She is a Canadian citizen and is currently pregnant. Her due date is in December 2014. Our timeline:We applied for sponsorship in August 2014, and recieved a reply in October 2014 which stated that our application has been transferred to the visa office in London. We then checked our status online using the uci number and there are two things written, one says that the application was received and the next says that the medical has been received. I know that I will not be able to be with my wife for the delivery of our child but I wanted to know if the delivery of our child will speed up our case. My wife is not able to come to pakistan so I would like to go there as soon as possible. I wanted to know of people who have similar cases and what your timelines are. What can I do to speed up my case?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mehar_sheri said:
I know that I will not be able to be with my wife for the delivery of our child but I wanted to know if the delivery of our child will speed up our case. My wife is not able to come to pakistan so I would like to go there as soon as possible. I wanted to know of people who have similar cases and what your timelines are. What can I do to speed up my case?
Hi

No, your wife's pregnancy and the birth of the child will not affect the processing of the app in any way. There isn't anything you can do to speed up your case.

Given that your wife and soon-to-be born child are in Canada and you have a sponsorship app in process, your chances of a TRV are low but you could still give it a try. If you can submit a super strong app, it may be approved.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015

MizAngel said:
My husband and I moved partway through his application. We updated our address in eCAS and had no issues, the CoPR came to our new address.
The only address I see in ECAS is my husband's address (he is the sponsor). I do not see a place to change my address.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23/08/2014

Mariac819 said:
The only address I see in ECAS is my husband's address (he is the sponsor). I do not see a place to change my address.
Are you signing in with your UCI# or his? We used the same address for both of us since he was staying in Canada with me, so I don't know if they show different addresses on each UCI# but maybe you need to log in with your own? You have to do an online request to change your address http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015

MizAngel said:
Are you signing in with your UCI# or his? We used the same address for both of us since he was staying in Canada with me, so I don't know if they show different addresses on each UCI# but maybe you need to log in with your own? You have to do an online request to change your address http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp
Yeah I just figured it out. If I sign in with my Application number I see my address but I used my USA address because I wasn't planning to be in Canada when COPR came. It looks like you can't change address online unless you have a Canadian address. Ill just call them lol..

Thanks though :)

mehar_sheri

Nov 4, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

No, your wife's pregnancy and the birth of the child will not affect the processing of the app in any way. There isn't anything you can do to speed up your case.

Given that your wife and soon-to-be born child are in Canada and you have a sponsorship app in process, your chances of a TRV are low but you could still give it a try. If you can submit a super strong app, it may be approved.
What is a trv?