+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

aftab7788

Jul 20, 2014
my application..
Appliciation recieved- medical result recieved.
Decission- we sent you a letter file is accepted..
i had applied on 17 april 2014 for spouse visa for canada they call and confirm my file number..
can anybody tell me how much time it will take now?
and i from india file processing in new delhi..

mfz

Jul 7, 2014
Hi
Our application for sponsoring a spouse outside Canada was sent to Mississauga on May 9 and it was received there by Mr RIZWAN MAHMOOD,May 11.
after more than 90 days we havn't still received the sponsorship approval email or any file number. we called and the call center said he will send a letter for Mississauga and after two weeks they said they haven't received our application.
we contacted MP for seeing what is exactly going on and as the MP 's office said,they weren't able to find the application either, and now they are trying again,this time,through my spouse's birthday
What do you think may be the problem? how is that possible that they say they haven't received our application when we have the post receipt and also we have the signature of this Mr RIZWAN MAHMOOD az the receiver?
I have one another question,
in form IMM 1344, section of the sponsor's personal details/status in canada, I haven't add the uci/client Id.
Because i didn't know this number is indicated on my spouse's pr cart and I thought this is the number that cic will give us after the sponsorship approval, and I was so sure that I didn't even ask my spouse
Now do you think this mistake that I have made about UCI/CLIENT ID is relevant to the fact that our application is actually lost?
if not,do you think after that our application is found(hope to God)will this absence of UCI NUMBER,cause us problem? do we have to send this form IMM1344 again?
do you think that this cause us any more problem?
thanks very much

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
Thank you so much!!! Really appreciate it!!

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
Hi All,

Just wanna check the most updated stutas for the Common-law sponsorship (within Canada) now....I ( PR since 2012) am sponsoring my boyfriend who holds a student visa, this is our status posted on CIC:
Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor (NAME)on November 28, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on January 3, 2014.
Permanent Residence
1.We received (NAME)'s application for permanent residence on November 28, 2013.

However, when I check the processing time on CIC, it shows that they start working on application receive on July 26. Does anyone is applying or also waiting for Common law sponsorship(within Canada) application ??Anyone know how far they are right now??

We are so worried because he just got his entry visa(not syudy permit) declined, is it gonna affect the sponsorship application??

Your help is appreciated, Thanks a lot!!! :) :)

Ting

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mfz said:
Hi
Our application for sponsoring a spouse outside Canada was sent to Mississauga on May 9 and it was received there by Mr RIZWAN MAHMOOD,May 11.
after more than 90 days we havn't still received the sponsorship approval email or any file number. we called and the call center said he will send a letter for Mississauga and after two weeks they said they haven't received our application.
we contacted MP for seeing what is exactly going on and as the MP 's office said,they weren't able to find the application either, and now they are trying again,this time,through my spouse's birthday
What do you think may be the problem? how is that possible that they say they haven't received our application when we have the post receipt and also we have the signature of this Mr RIZWAN MAHMOOD az the receiver?
I have one another question,
in form IMM 1344, section of the sponsor's personal details/status in canada, I haven't add the uci/client Id.
Because i didn't know this number is indicated on my spouse's pr cart and I thought this is the number that cic will give us after the sponsorship approval, and I was so sure that I didn't even ask my spouse
Now do you think this mistake that I have made about UCI/CLIENT ID is relevant to the fact that our application is actually lost?
if not,do you think after that our application is found(hope to God)will this absence of UCI NUMBER,cause us problem? do we have to send this form IMM1344 again?
do you think that this cause us any more problem?
thanks very much
Form IMM1344 is for the sponsor. It needs to be validated I believe. I think it may be possible your mistake, is a big one. The question is very clear, on what your status is in Canada, and if your spouse didn't put his UCI as it is on his PR card, it is confusing. The onus is on us, as harsh as it sounds, to put forth a complete application. I would immediately send in a new form IMM1344 filled out by your partner, not you, and include the UCI, validate it, and include both you and your partner's signature on the last page. Also include a letter explaining mistake (do not mention you filled out form for spouse) and write, if they can't find the rest of the application, which was signed for by mahmood...... on this day... .., please contact you at your sponsor email.....
Also call the agent again, clarify mistake, let them know new form has been sent. Then again, this can all be done after the MP's efforts have failed.

ajaythakur30

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Recomended
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everyone here i need you guys help , actually i came to canada in 2012 july as an international student from india. I didn't study at that time bcz of some reason and after one year i applied for lmo and work permit but they denied my work permit S they said visa officer is not satisfied. Then i was working on the same place where i got approved lmo (under the table)but on the same time after my work permit was denied i started studying in college too, but suddenly i dnt know how CBSA. Ppl they found out i work there and they came to find me but likely i was in college on that day. But my boss he tell everything to cbsa officer . Then i went to cbsa office i tell them everything truth. They seized my passport and told me to study as i have valid study permit. But after few months in april in admissibility hearing they gave me exclusion order. But i was datin my girl friend before cbsa shit happened with me , even i mentioned that in cbsa interview with me. Now after exclusion order CBSA officer gave me
Option of PRRA but june 16th 2014 i got married to my gf she is canadian citizen
PLEASE HELP ME )
I have police clearance from rcmp
Going for upfront medical exam on 29th july
Have medical certificate frm BC
my wife working info including pay stabs and job letter.

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
aftab7788 said:
my application..
Appliciation recieved- medical result recieved.
Decission- we sent you a letter file is accepted..
i had applied on 17 april 2014 for spouse visa for canada they call and confirm my file number..
can anybody tell me how much time it will take now?
and i from india file processing in new delhi..
hai,
Can u plz tell mee hw much fund u show in ur account & what all documents are submitt?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ajaythakur30 said:
Hi everyone here i need you guys help , actually i came to canada in 2012 july as an international student from india. I didn't study at that time bcz of some reason and after one year i applied for lmo and work permit but they denied my work permit S they said visa officer is not satisfied. Then i was working on the same place where i got approved lmo (under the table)but on the same time after my work permit was denied i started studying in college too, but suddenly i dnt know how CBSA. Ppl they found out i work there and they came to find me but likely i was in college on that day. But my boss he tell everything to cbsa officer . Then i went to cbsa office i tell them everything truth. They seized my passport and told me to study as i have valid study permit. But after few months in april in admissibility hearing they gave me exclusion order. But i was datin my girl friend before cbsa *censored word* happened with me , even i mentioned that in cbsa interview with me. Now after exclusion order CBSA officer gave me
Option of PRRA but june 16th 2014 i got married to my gf she is canadian citizen
PLEASE HELP ME )
I have police clearance from rcmp
Going for upfront medical exam on 29th july
Have medical certificate frm BC
my wife working info including pay stabs and job letter.
So you came here with study permit and didn't study, then worked illegally and were caught, and when you got exclusion order suddenly got married to a Canadian?

Sorry to say but I think you are in for a long, long wait for your PR application. You can certainly try to apply inland, but there is no guarantee that CBSA still won't start process to deport you, if they haven't already done so. If they deport you with an inland PR app in process, your app would be cancelled.

It might be in your best interest to just move back to India and apply for PR outland. Just keep in mind you would have to wait till your exclusion order expires before you could get approved, and whole process will take a long time since it could look like a possible marriage of convenience to CIC, and that you really really want to live in Canada.

nurse_85

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Done....
April 2013- re-requested July 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 21/2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14/2014
LANDED..........
September 2/2014 :)
My husband is sending the passport as visa is ready and we were notified by email. My question is does immigration send forms along with the passport that he needs to show at immigration at the airport? Also when does he get the PR card?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nurse_85 said:
My husband is sending the passport as visa is ready and we were notified by email. My question is does immigration send forms along with the passport that he needs to show at immigration at the airport? Also when does he get the PR card?
Yes you get COPR (Confirmation of PR) document that you need to give when you do landing in Canada.

After landing, you get PR card around 2 months later in the mail.

eagle0072

Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone,
I have been living In Canada for almost 6 years. I did my 2 years business diploma program from Toronto and got my Post-Graduate work-permit. Since I didn't find any NOC 1 job in Toronto in 1 year, i decided to move to Winnipeg to work and apply for MPNP. Unfortunately, they refused me saying i have stronger ties to Ontario and also my employer didn't confirm that my job is long-term. Also, my Imm consultant screwed my case. My work-permit is expired 2 weeks ago but before that my Imm consultant sent my work-permit extension application to CIC 2 weeks ago, 1 day before of my work-permit expiry date. My work-permit expired on June 11th/2014. He said that they will refuse my new work-permit extension application anyway but u can legally work for 2 more months in this processing time at least. And he said, in the meantime i can apply for Humanitarian and compassion (H&C). I paid him for H&C already but after consulting from other people i just realize that H&C is not for me. So i have decided not to apply H&C anymore. My Imm consultant is just misguiding me and making money out of my pocket. I will just ask for the refund from him if he can and won't deal with him anymore. So I have decided that, i will apply for a new study-permit, so i can have some sort of status and get married with my Girlfriend and then she can apply for spousal sponsorship with in Canada. (She is a Canadian citizen) My question is, does she has to work full-time in order to sponsor me? because she is working part-time now and also a part-time student. Also, do we have to stay in the same apartment or a house after getting married? the reason why i am asking because i am thinking to move to Toronto after getting married because the program I will go for study is only offered in Toronto. I can afford only 1st or 2 semester fees since i will be an international student, i will be paying too much. hopefully after 1 year i will get my PR and then my tuition fees would be reduced. And lets say, if I decided to stay in Manitoba and and get a 1 bedroom apartment, is the lease should be under her name or mine or both? Please feel free to comment, i need a really good advice.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
eagle0072 said:
Hello everyone,
I have been living In Canada for almost 6 years. I did my 2 years business diploma program from Toronto and got my Post-Graduate work-permit. Since I didn't find any NOC 1 job in Toronto in 1 year, i decided to move to Winnipeg to work and apply for MPNP. Unfortunately, they refused me saying i have stronger ties to Ontario and also my employer didn't confirm that my job is long-term. Also, **spam** screwed my case. My work-permit is expired 2 weeks ago but before that **spam** sent my work-permit extension application to CIC 2 weeks ago, 1 day before of my work-permit expiry date. My work-permit expired on June 11th/2014. He said that they will refuse my new work-permit extension application anyway but u can legally work for 2 more months in this processing time at least. And he said, in the meantime i can apply for Humanitarian and compassion (H&C). I paid him for H&C already but after consulting from other people i just realize that H&C is not for me. So i have decided not to apply H&C anymore. **spam** is just misguiding me and making money out of my pocket. I will just ask for the refund from him if he can and won't deal with him anymore. So I have decided that, i will apply for a new study-permit, so i can have some sort of status and get married with my Girlfriend and then she can apply for spousal sponsorship with in Canada. (She is a Canadian citizen) My question is, does she has to work full-time in order to sponsor me? because she is working part-time now and also a part-time student. Also, do we have to stay in the same apartment or a house after getting married? the reason why i am asking because i am thinking to move to Toronto after getting married because the program I will go for study is only offered in Toronto. I can afford only 1st or 2 semester fees since i will be an international student, i will be paying too much. hopefully after 1 year i will get my PR and then my tuition fees would be reduced. Please feel free to comment, i need a really good advice.
so the main reason for marrying now is for pr as you've clearly stated . Sorry to be blunt but I kind of feel bad for your gf . And I think you have to live with your spouse after marriage for two years . Smh

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Hello All.............

Please Advice need .............

I want to sponsor my boyfriend (I am a PR holder in Canada since an year ) but he has a refusal as a visit visa to Canada in 2013 .

What are our options ?

Is it better to invite him here and get married here in Canada ?

:( :( :( :( :( :( HELP..............

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lovely21 said:
Hello All.............

Please Advice need .............

I want to sponsor my boyfriend (I am a PR holder in Canada since an year ) but he has a refusal as a visit visa to Canada in 2013 .

What are our options ?

Is it better to invite him here and get married here in Canada ?

:( :( :( :( :( :( HELP..............
If he's been refused once, then unless some situation has changed he would most likely just be refused again.

You can only begin outland PR sponsorship if you are married or officially common-law (having lived together 12 months). So if he can't get a TRV, and you aren't common-law yet... then your only option is to go to India (or some other country), marry him, then apply for his PR while he stays in India and you stay residing in Canada.

eagle0072

Jul 22, 2014
Obronibini said:
so the main reason for marrying now is for pr as you've clearly stated . Sorry to be blunt but I kind of feel bad for your gf . And I think you have to live with your spouse after marriage for two years . Smh
Where did i stated that I am marrying her just for PR? After talking to my parents I was about to leave Canada because they want me back. But My gf and I decided to get married and not to leave her because we both love each other. I am on this forum to get a good advice not your judgment.