12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
philson said:
Hi Everyone! :) I just want to ask, I sponsor my wife in the Philippines...and it seems that we are going to wait a bit long..does the whole process was a total of 14 mos? The CIC forward our application February of this year at the embassy. Any feedback from spouse application.Thank you.

When did CIC received your application? it's really that long, in fact our application was received by CIC Oct 3 of last year and forwarded our apps Oct 21,2013 until now we are still waiting...they need to request our passport so that they can attached our vise to our passport. but until now we are still waiting. we just have to wait and keep the faith. God Bless.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one comment on my status
I am putting the inland application for the spouse. Please advice me about the supporting documents i need for application.
what are the supporting documents people will add to show genuine relationship.
Currently i have joint bank account, lease agreement, letter from doctor for pregnancy, how much financial bank statement i
required, as i am currently student.I have snap for weeding and some trip picture to Toronto, Please let me know any thing that support my application to show its genuineness.
Any suggestion highly appreciated

KK6891

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
1 Upfront-- 2 Re-medical Req on 11-10-2015 & 3 Re-medical on 02-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
Hi everyone !
It might sound weird to ask this question here. I am trying to fill out my sponsorship form. I downloaded all the forms from cic website. I filled them out but when i close the file and open it again to make changes i can't edit it. I get this error

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document"

What should i do? Sometimes i get the error the file is damaged
please if anyone can help me on this. Its taking my time as i have to fill the whole form again to make changes.

Thanks !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KK6891 said:
Hi everyone !
It might sound weird to ask this question here. I am trying to fill out my sponsorship form. I downloaded all the forms from cic website. I filled them out but when i close the file and open it again to make changes i can't edit it. I get this error

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document"

What should i do? Sometimes i get the error the file is damaged
please if anyone can help me on this. Its taking my time as i have to fill the whole form again to make changes.

Thanks !
Ah yes...the dreaded pdf error message.
Some here have been successful by simply saving the pdf under a new name and re-opening the file.

Others have used the full blown version of Adobe Acrobat (which is available as a fully functioning 30-day free trail), or something like Foxit (www.foxitsoftware.com).

Good luck!

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Ponga said:
Ah yes...the dreaded pdf error message.
Some here have been successful by simply saving the pdf under a new name and re-opening the file.

Others have used the full blown version of Adobe Acrobat (which is available as a fully functioning 30-day free trail), or something like Foxit (www.foxitsoftware.com).

Good luck!
I had the same problem and yes you can download foxit and that will allow you edit your files, save then and re-open them.

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
NO file number

i have applied for my wife under Spousal sponsorship (spouse outside Canada) on MAY 12 2014 but still i don't receive any file number or emails is this OK or not....my courier was received by cic on MAY 14 2014

i have my friend who also applied for his wife 1 month before i applied and he received his file number after 2 days of courier receive by cic, but i have not receive any file number yet.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Re: NO file number

legendrock said:
i have applied for my wife under Spousal sponsorship (spouse outside Canada) on MAY 12 2014 but still i don't receive any file number or emails is this OK or not....my courier was received by cic on MAY 14 2014

i have my friend who also applied for his wife 1 month before i applied and he received his file number after 2 days of courier receive by cic, but i have not receive any file number yet.
this is very normal. CIC just started processing may applications, so it will be some time before you hear anything. sponsorship processing times can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

i'm not sure how your friend received notice 2 days later, that is very uncommon, and highly unlikely. especially since he sent his application in april.

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hello friends, I do have a question. I just got married in Manitoba and eligible for mpnp and my visa is expiring in 1.5 weeks. I do want to live with my wife, I m working full time and would like to continue. I m basically fr India.
I need some help from you. Kindly advice me, should I apply inland or outland Canada. I would prefer outland bcz its little fast but wants to be with her. So if I would apply inland, how long it would take to get a letter fromcic to apply for work permit. Initial stage timings are 11 months. Plz advice me.

Thank you in advance

philson

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 31, 2013
File Transfer...
FEBRUARY 15, 2014
Med's Request
NOT YET
Passport Req..
JULY 9, 2014
Hello everyone! does anybody processing spouse sponsorship from February 2014 (Manila Embassy). Any feedback regarding your application? Thank you...

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Hello! I am officially eligible to sponsor my wife living abroad and the file was sent to her country. I know it's very important to send updates to the Visa Center regarding our ongoing relationship (phone bills, emails, chat records, pictures etc). Do I have to send them by mail or they can be faxed/emailed? I sent an email about this topic to the Visa Center in her country and they never responded.
Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ikonkaar939 said:
I would prefer outland bcz its little fast but wants to be with her. So if I would apply inland, how long it would take to get a letter fromcic to apply for work permit. Initial stage timings are 11 months. Plz advice me.
Applying inland you can get OWP after stage 1 approva/AIP. Currently it's taking 11 months. You can't work before this.
With outland, there is no OWP associated with app, so you can't work until you have PR.

bgctor said:
I know it's very important to send updates to the Visa Center regarding our ongoing relationship (phone bills, emails, chat records, pictures etc).
Actually it's not very important to keep sending the visa office updates, and hardly any applicants actually do this. You should have sent all suitable proofs at time of application.

Only time you would send additional info to them, is if they specifically ask.

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Marriage is an ongoing relationship. Things might be well today, but in 5-6 months they can change. And getting married doesn't mean a wedding and a honeymoon right away, especially when the partner lives on the other side of the globe. In order to prove it's a real marriage they want to see evidence as times goes by. Thanks for your answer anyway.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bgctor said:
Marriage is an ongoing relationship. Things might be well today, but in 5-6 months they can change. And getting married doesn't mean a wedding and a honeymoon right away, especially when the partner lives on the other side of the globe. In order to prove it's a real marriage they want to see evidence as times goes by. Thanks for your answer anyway.
If you have a unique situation with perhaps a civic wedding only and some major events like full family wedding/honeymoon after, then yes proofs could be sent in afterwards. It's best to mail extra proofs like photos, etc directly to the visa office, referencing the UCI number.

As I said though, the vast majority of people do not send in additional ongoing proofs. It is not expected by the visa office, and they usually expect an application will stand as of the date it's submitted, or will ask for more info.

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
I agree with you. Our case maybe is a little bit different than most others because we decided to get married before planning a wedding or a honeymoon. And on the forms there were questions about these 2 topics. I said that we'll have a wedding and a honeymoon during my next trip (which was in May), so I think it's just fair to follow up on my 'promise'. I also put my self in the visa officer's shoes dealing with these cases. The more proof I have that it's a genuine marriage, the faster I would let the file go through.

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Thanks for this.
Would like to know if its possible - if I apply outland Canada ,, then meanwhile can I apply for study permit here n do study in case I wouldn't get work permit.
Plz reply friends.
I would like to clarify.