Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Windragon100576 said:
You mean when I write the letter I should elaborate everything in all honestly why I did'nt het to check "common law"?
It's your opportunity to cast it in the most positive light, yes. Do not say anything that is untruthful, but do explain the circumstances surrounding your prior misunderstanding.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
computergeek said:
It's your opportunity to cast it in the most positive light, yes. Do not say anything that is untruthful, but do explain the circumstances surrounding your prior misunderstanding.
Thank you so much! I am planning him and my kids to get a tourist visa for them to spend time with me here holiday season of this year and I would like to give an invitation to my partner so that they can see a family ties. I hope I can fix this mistake soon. So that if I invite him a say that he is my common law and they check my info they'll see his name.

bessmc

Mar 31, 2014
hello..
i am planning to sponsor my partner from the philippines we have been in the relationship since aug.1 2012,but
he recieved his annulment papers sometime in oct.2013. my question is ..would he qualify as my conjugal partner eventhough he was technically been married to someone else while we are in a relationship..he was separated from his wife for 3 years, before we met again after 22 years he was my first boyfriend in high school. please help me...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
bessmc said:
hello..
i am planning to sponsor my partner from the philippines we have been in the relationship since aug.1 2012,but
he recieved his annulment papers sometime in oct.2013. my question is ..would he qualify as my conjugal partner eventhough he was technically been married to someone else while we are in a relationship..he was separated from his wife for 3 years, before we met again after 22 years he was my first boyfriend in high school. please help me...
If he has received his annulment papers, then u guys can get married now. If there is no barrier to getting married, then u won't qualify as conjugal.

cun

Mar 31, 2014
i have mailed in my application some time in October of last year and all i have received so far is my client ID number,last month i received another mail stating that my application was send from Alberta to Mississauga, it has been 6 months now and i am a bit worried,what does this means

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
I have a question. Hopefully I can have a good advise. My husband is Manitoba with me. I m a or and he is on work permit. I know the best option is to sponsor him on marriage basis. I m going to do in may this. His permit is expiring in June 2014. So what can I do so he can stay in Canada with me. He was a student in Ontario and has been in MB from 2013 June and working under one employer. He wants to apply for mpnp but we are not sure. Because I tried to sponsor him last year but bcz of parents fight I had to withdraw application. Plz help me what should I do and how he can stay here with me. I m thinking to apply outland Canada.
Thanks

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
Baby1990 said:
Hi friends,
I have a question. Hopefully I can have a good advise. My husband is Manitoba with me. I m a or and he is on work permit. I know the best option is to sponsor him on marriage basis. I m going to do in may this. His permit is expiring in June 2014. So what can I do so he can stay in Canada with me. He was a student in Ontario and has been in MB from 2013 June and working under one employer. He wants to apply for mpnp but we are not sure. Because I tried to sponsor him last year but bcz of parents fight I had to withdraw application. Plz help me what should I do and how he can stay here with me. I m thinking to apply outland Canada.
Thanks
with my understanding, you can ask him to try to renew his work permit if he is still working with the same company, or you can sponsor him as your husband. you mentioned that your husband is with you in Manitoba? then how are you marrying this guy? are both the same man you were talking about? sorry, Im kinda confused here.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I We get married in 2012 but bcz of some family problems I had to withdraw my application. Now I m thinking to sponsor him again bcz it seems hard for him to get pr on his basis. I don't want him to go back. I would definitely apply for his extension of work permit. Why we took application back bcz his parents are from backward thinking and didn't want me to sponsor him. But as it seems hard for him to get pr . I have to, I don't want him to go back. Its a only one person. Plz help. :'(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baby1990 said:
I We get married in 2012 but bcz of some family problems I had to withdraw my application. Now I m thinking to sponsor him again bcz it seems hard for him to get pr on his basis. I don't want him to go back. I would definitely apply for his extension of work permit. Why we took application back bcz his parents are from backward thinking and didn't want me to sponsor him. But as it seems hard for him to get pr . I have to, I don't want him to go back. Its a only one person. Plz help. :'(
Then go ahead and sponsor him. Why are you even discussing this with his parents? You are two adults. You do not have to ask his parents permission.

You have to check the processing time in his home country here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp If it is very long, it might be better for you to apply inland.

With outland and inland, if he can't renew his work permit and wants to stay, he would have to apply to change his status to visitor and he can't work after that. With outland, he would have to wait for his PR to work then and with inland, he should get first stage approval after about 8 months at which time he can apply for an open work permit.

If he manages to renew his work permit, then it doesn't really matter because he can continue working as his application gets processed.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just last one for now. So when he should apply for work permit renewal as his work permit is expiring in June 2014.

chatwant

Apr 1, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2013
File Transfer...
Showing app received 19/11/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
On the verge of getting request..hope soon!rab mehr rakhe
VISA ISSUED...
Damn not but why
LANDED..........
ASAP with the little help of almighty
hello guys please help me out.My wife has applied for spouse visa from canada.She lives in surrey and has applied in november where as i am living in india.My file has been transferred to new delhi this feb and today i got my first mail from them stating:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file
with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence
with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible:
 Proof of Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office
in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
 Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This
request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you
must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal
of your application.

My wife has already paid the fees and submitted the police clearance certificate at the time of application in canada.
now my doubt is that do i have to send all this documents again and how long it will take further when i get my passport request because in feb my application status showed decision made and my wife got the mail from canada immigration stating that she has been approved to sponsor.

please help.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
My guess is your police clearance has expired and you need a new one, that shouldn't be too hard. Ask your wife for proof of payment, even if she already sent one, send it again.

Strahilo

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
03-05-2014 it's cooooming yeah
Hi All,

In COPR (Confirmation of Permanent residence) they put wrong date of Birth for my Wife? In the letter they sent they said to email them any mistakes, but it doesn't say who to contact VO Vienna or CIC.

I sent email to VO Vienna with no response yet.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
chatwant said:
hello guys please help me out.My wife has applied for spouse visa from canada.She lives in surrey and has applied in november where as i am living in india.My file has been transferred to new delhi this feb and today i got my first mail from them stating:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file
with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence
with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible:
 Proof of Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office
in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
 Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This
request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you
must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal
of your application.

My wife has already paid the fees and submitted the police clearance certificate at the time of application in canada.
now my doubt is that do i have to send all this documents again and how long it will take further when i get my passport request because in feb my application status showed decision made and my wife got the mail from canada immigration stating that she has been approved to sponsor.

please help.
Ask your wife if she paid the right of residence fee with your application. You can always check your status with the client number you are provided with, or you can use the application number. Since they asked you the right of permanent residence fee after reviewing, most likely u r expecting a passport request soon asap they receive that fee. So go ahead and confirm that with your wife and send the copy of the payment. Since your wife already provided the police check, you won't need that unless it expired. Note that police clearenxe expiration varies from place to place ..

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Good Afternoon everyone!
So the last step is to go get my medical done and it's scheduled! But I'm concerned that after I checked processing times for Ottawa it's saying 15 months... I know that the medical expires in one year. I don't want to have to spend all the money and time in getting it for them to tell me I need a new one, any suggestions or remarks?

Thanks Guys.