+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

markgina

Mar 10, 2014
markgina said:
wow My husband and I just now starting the process I work around Detroit area and hes in Windsor... not fun we are only 20 miles apart but we are learning all we can... getting ready to pay the fees today..online... and need to work on keeping it open for me , my pass is up in May.. so learning all we can.. and just want to get all this paperwork in right and on with our lives.... concerned that my FBI papers will take long but i need to talk to border to see what i do to get extention.. I dont want blocked from my husband ... waiver in process for him.. we so want to be able to have him meet my family and all.. tooooo
a question I wondered when asking associations is it correct to add churches youver associated with in your life here ..otherwise i have no other type , and sorry im haveing a time on how to ask question or ect on these threads really tring to learn all this

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
zardoz said:
Are you sure that CIC will accept a channeller. I seem to remember that they won't..
Good to know! Thanks for the info!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
Has anyone gone through an approved channelers for their FBI clearance? Seems it's a bit more expensive but a little easier at the same time. A couple extra bucks won't hurt I suppose.....
Thanks ya'll.
A number of people have done so and in all cases I've read the channeler letter was rejected by CIC and the applicant had to get a real "tamper proof" FBI clearance letter.

neverz

Feb 8, 2012
Re: visa office

neverz said:
HI evryone

Please advice i have a quistion. my wife submit application in september 2013 from canada, and on that time i was in UK so after two weeks we got the confirmation that application is approved and forward to the uk immigration office, since then we didnt hear anything now i am shiffted in UAE so if i want to change visa office what would be the procedure or it can be done from the same visa office while i am here please advice thanks in advance
Experts please help me i am still waiting for the response

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
Step said:
Hello, I'm at almost 7 months. Not a single word from Manila.
From reading other threads, many receive no updates on E-CAS from Manila.
I suspect you will be receiving a PPR very soon, CEM just recently started requesting PPR's for May and June apps. After about a 3 month time that no PPR's were sent out.
As Zardoz said order your GCMS notes, I will order mine at 8 or 9 months.
Processing time for Manila is listed at 14 months from the time they receive app in Manila.
Thanks for the tips Steps and Zardoz. I appreciate your responses.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
just a quick question. my wife got the PPR and will send it via VFS Centre.
Just wondering what to put on top of the envelop?

Something like this is ok right?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Family Class - Spousal Sponsorship (FILE: F000xxxxxx)
Her Name &
ADDRESS.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks.

Amerson

Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City , Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 30, 2013
AOR Received.
November 3, 2013
Med's Request
November 1, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Dear friends,

Application received nov.3,2013
Medical done dec. 4, 2013

eCas status from medical up to present application received.

The situation was my wife has given birth to our first child last month, feb. 27, 2014
And i would like to email the embassy about my application. She is in canada. PR.

Is it ok to email the embassy? Did someone already do that? What happened? :-X

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Hello.
When applying to sponsor a spouse (outland VO Beijing), after the SA, what's next?
Will my ECAS account (sponsor's) show the status for my spouse's PR application updates or will she get an AOR and her own client number so she can check?

How long after SA does it usually take for AOR 2?

Thanks everyone and keep patient

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Hi all!
Could smb from seniors clarify the case below.
I'm PR and preparing to submit for sponsorship. Looking at the sponsor forms got confused with the question N4 in IMM 1344 Sponsor Eligibility Assessment:' Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?'. Can I tic 'Yes' given that I haven't been living in Canada since my 3-week landing purposed visit 2 years ago? I've got married recently in my country and going to relocate to Canada in 3 weeks, then find the job there and submit the sponsorship.
Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Madtravel said:
Hi all!
Could smb from seniors clarify the case below.
I'm PR and preparing to submit for sponsorship. Looking at the sponsor forms got confused with the question N4 in IMM 1344 Sponsor Eligibility Assessment:' Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?'. Can I tic 'Yes' given that I haven't been living in Canada since my 3-week landing purposed visit 2 years ago? I've got married recently in my country and going to relocate to Canada in 3 weeks, then find the job there and submit the sponsorship.
Thank you!
Since you will be residing in Canada when you submit the application, then you can put 'yes' to that question.
Note that you have to stay residing in Canada during entire application process, and can only leave for short/temporary vacations.

ipanda

Feb 20, 2014
I have a question about Medical Examination, could someone please help?

My husband is Canada Citizen, we both live in New York and are preparing for spouse sponsorship.
I just realized that I need to have proof of Medical Examination included in the application package, but I am running out of time as the police certificate will expire in a month.

What puzzles me is that "Proof of Medical Examination" is listed in the "Document checklist for immigrants in USA", but when I search for Medical Examination on the CIC website, it says:

"There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category
Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application
Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Only for certain Family Class applicants)

Does any one know how long does it take to get the proof for Medical Examination? Can I wait until instructed, or do i have to have the examination upfront?
Is it Okay for me submit everything without the Medical Examination proof, and send it later?

THANKS!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ipanda said:
I have a question about Medical Examination, could someone please help?

My husband is Canada Citizen, we both live in New York and are preparing for spouse sponsorship.
I just realized that I need to have proof of Medical Examination included in the application package, but I am running out of time as the police certificate will expire in a month.

Does any one know how long does it take to get the proof for Medical Examination?
Is it Okay for me submit everything without the Medical Examination proof, and send it later?

THANKS!
You are supposed to include proof of medical along with the application. This also ensures faster processing time, as there is no long delay if you didn't do it and CIC needs to ask for the medical during processing.

Check here for the nearest CIC panel physicians to you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

There are 3 available in NY state. Call the convenient ones, and see how fast you can get an appointment. On same day when the appointment is finished, you'll get a receipt form from the doctor and that is all you need to submit with your application.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
ipanda said:
I you are living close to the Canadian border, you might consider getting a medical exam appointment in Canada. It seems to be dramatically less expensive in Canada than in the U.S. in many cases. Be sure to tell them it is for an outland application because many Canadian doctors are more used to doing inland applications.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
KTCYYZ said:
Hello.
When applying to sponsor a spouse (outland VO Beijing), after the SA, what's next?
Will my ECAS account (sponsor's) show the status for my spouse's PR application updates or will she get an AOR and her own client number so she can check?

I would love to know the answer to both of these questions as well (though I suspect AOR 2 is dependent upon which Visa office you have applied for).

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
KTCYYZ said:
Hello.

You should receive an Immigration File Number, use that and applicants( your spouse) info. Last name, DOB, country to log into E-CAS . Will show status of Permanent Resident Application.
AOR 2 is VO specific, some VO's send others don't.