Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ChampagneSupernova said:
Gotcha! So then PR application will have to follow almost right after the sponsorship one.
There are two parts to the application:

Stage 1: this is approval of the sponsor
Stage 2: this is approval of the applicant

Inland and outland differ in who handles these bits. Inland both stages are handled in Vegreville, AB generally.
Outland starts in Mississauga and is then transferred to the visa office "abroad" - for US citizens or people legally resident in Canada, that is Ottawa and then LA generally.

I hedge because there are unusual circumstances in which files may be transferred elsewhere.

You send the whole application in together - sponsor + applicant, but CIC processes it sequentially.

ChampagneSupernova

Jan 5, 2012
computergeek said:
There are two parts to the application:

Stage 1: this is approval of the sponsor
Stage 2: this is approval of the applicant

Inland and outland differ in who handles these bits. Inland both stages are handled in Vegreville, AB generally.
Outland starts in Mississauga and is then transferred to the visa office "abroad" - for US citizens or people legally resident in Canada, that is Ottawa and then LA generally.

I hedge because there are unusual circumstances in which files may be transferred elsewhere.

You send the whole application in together - sponsor + applicant, but CIC processes it sequentially.
Thank you for the clarification. But nonetheless, the PR application, as you said, needs to be filed before the implied status runs out. So what I'm trying to understand is - when is it time to send the PR application? You mentioned that it needs to be done before CIC informs on the decision for the 1st part of the sponsorship application. But is there such a thing as sending the PR application too soon or can it be sent any time after the sponsorship package but before CIC's decision?

Thank you! Sorry for the confusion, this is all new to me.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ChampagneSupernova said:
Thank you for the clarification. But nonetheless, the PR application, as you said, needs to be filed before the implied status runs out. So what I'm trying to understand is - when is it time to send the PR application? You mentioned that it needs to be done before CIC informs on the decision for the 1st part of the sponsorship application. But is there such a thing as sending the PR application too soon or can it be sent any time after the sponsorship package but before CIC's decision?

Thank you! Sorry for the confusion, this is all new to me.
Basically you send the whole package, complete at the same time. A complete package is all the forms the sponsor is required to fill in, all the forms the principal applicant (person wanting to reside in Canada) is required to fill in, your medical evaluation carried out by a panel physician (formerly known as dedicated medical practicioner), your police criminality check and all the fees asossciated with your application as well as supporting evidence.

Incomplete packages are very liable to be returned for submission, although you may get lucky and have your place in the queue held but don't bank on it. There is no such thing as sending your application in 2 parts. If you want a speedy process make sure your package is water tight, complete and all fees are paid.

Good luck :D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ChampagneSupernova said:
You don't send the "sponsorship package" separate from the "PR application" - it's all one package that must be submitted together, because neither part makes sense by itself.

You would normally submit a PR application (sponsor + applicant) at the same time as an open work permit application. That package must be received by CIC prior to the expiration of current status to be protected by implied status.

noor1987

Jun 14, 2012
thax Leon...for explaining me in detail :)

nw i knw wht i have to do :)
one more question...my husband's case got rejected in july 2012...but havnt receive his original papers...
can any1 tell me that whom should i contact to get his papers?? :(
we really worried about the original documents.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor1987 said:
thax Leon...for explaining me in detail :)

nw i knw wht i have to do :)
one more question...my husband's case got rejected in july 2012...but havnt receive his original papers...
can any1 tell me that whom should i contact to get his papers?? :(
we really worried about the original documents.
They should send them back to you.

zoey5511

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor approval July 17 2012
Interview........
waived :)
Passport Req..
october 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
nov. 30 2012 (visa rcvd: dec 6, 2012)
LANDED..........
Dec 2012!!!!
hi
i received an email from CEM and they are asking for additional documents and passport :p :p :p :p :p :p

they're asking for our old pictures together(old) and wedding pictures as well,

do i need to put captions on each photo at the back?

what size of photo?

advance thanks for reply :p :p :p

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
zoey5511 said:
hi
i received an email from CEM and they are asking for additional documents and passport :p :p :p :p :p :p

what size of photo?

wala ka bang nilagay na pics?

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
zoey5511 said:
hi

what size of photo?

I would put captions and regular size (4x6) should be sufficient. Congrats!

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Good luck and Congras to all of you :)

I'm still waiting for my approval letter and I'm pretty We got transfer to V.O for the 2nd stage.We cross our fingers for some good news.

mjoy26

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2011
AOR Received.
12-2011
Med's Done....
Remed Nov. 14, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 2012... send Nov. 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 3, 2014
@zoey5511....halos magkasabay lang pla tayo..passport request also, then additional requirements...way to go!
in God's good Time :) :) :)

Oct 11, 2012
Hi,
First, thank you all for your helpful answers. They have helped clear up many questions. I am confused about my specific situation though and would appreciate any help or direction I could get.

I am a Canadian citizen and recently got married in Nov. 2011 in Canada. My husband is a Pakistani citizen who is here in UK on a work visa. I'm now living abroad in the UK with my husband and am supported entirely by him. I have been unemployed for more than 12 months, but am looking for work now. However, I'm looking to work only part-time or on a casual basis.

We wanted to apply for the Family Class Spousal visa from outside of Canada with me being the sponsor. My questions are:
1) Can I still sponsor my husband considering I have no income to show for the past 12 months?
2) I read on one of the threads that a sponsor for a spouse does not have to show any financial proof or income? Is this correct?
2) I read that you have to show proof that you intend to move to Canada when your spouse gets PR status. One of the proofs mentioned was a job search. How do you show this as a proof?
3) How soon after you get PR status do you have to move to Canada? My husband is currently on contract with his company and would have to complete that term and wrap things up.

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to hearing your answers :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
twinklelight24 said:
We wanted to apply for the Family Class Spousal visa from outside of Canada with me being the sponsor. My questions are:
1) Can I still sponsor my husband considering I have no income to show for the past 12 months?
Yes. You just need to convince CIC that you won't need social assistance.

twinklelight24 said:
2) I read on one of the threads that a sponsor for a spouse does not have to show any financial proof or income? Is this correct?
That's not quite correct. You don't have to satisfy LICO, but you do have to show evidence that you and your spouse won't require social assistance.

twinklelight24 said:
2) I read that you have to show proof that you intend to move to Canada when your spouse gets PR status. One of the proofs mentioned was a job search. How do you show this as a proof?
Generally people show jobs available in their intended settlement area. E-mail exchanges with recruiters can also help. Evidence that you have arranged (or are at least researching) housing is also generally helpful. For example, if you have family there who agrees to let you stay with them while you get settled, a letter from them to that effect is beneficial.

twinklelight24 said:
3) How soon after you get PR status do you have to move to Canada? My husband is currently on contract with his company and would have to complete that term and wrap things up.
Technically, there's no limit. Your husband would need to land prior to expiration of the visa and COPR, but there is nothing that require he remain in Canada once he's completed the landing procedures. However, it is possible for CIC to claim misrepresentation if you were to never actually move back to Canada. I haven't heard or read about any such cases, but it is at least a potential outcome.

As long as you and your husband are living abroad, his PR status will remain valid as time spent outside Canada with a Canadian citizen spouse counts towards fulfillment of the PR residency obligation. Note that his PR card (original and renewals) will only be delivered to an address within Canada.

Good luck!

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Hi guys, I got a letter last oct 6, by post from CIC that I am eligible to sponsor my husband & the papers is now in the philippines. When do you think CIC-Philippines will contact him for his passport? or when should I expect him to receive his VIsa? I know every case is different. Im just asking for those who have/had same experience.

Thanks! ;D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lanz15 said:
Hi guys, I got a letter last oct 6, by post from CIC that I am eligible to sponsor my husband & the papers is now in the philippines. When do you think CIC-Philippines will contact him for his passport? or when should I expect him to receive his VIsa? I know every case is different. Im just asking for those who have/had same experience.

Thanks! ;D
Manila currently shows 9 months processing time to complete 80% of applications. Thus, I'd expect he will hear something in 4-6 months time, perhaps sooner.