Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
I'm thinking of submitting to them additional proof, just in case it could prevent an interview, which would mean a delay. Have others done this?
i think im going to send in extra evidence too. if i can get it printed and to them before they contact us.
ive seen a few people who sent in extra evidence, not sure if it prevented an interview or not, i guess its hard to tell.

but i guess it doesnt hurt to send more, to be safe rather than sorry right :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
i think im going to send in extra evidence too. if i can get it printed and to them before they contact us.
ive seen a few people who sent in extra evidence, not sure if it prevented an interview or not, i guess its hard to tell.

but i guess it doesnt hurt to send more, to be safe rather than sorry right :)
I think I was so overwhelmed with all the paperwork, and getting things translated etc, I've since thought of other things I could have sent. And I've gotten more ideas from this forum! :) Like FB screen shots, and my life insurance policy that shows him as a beneficary. And I didn't do a personal letter about our relationship becuase I felt like the questionaire was enough, but I think I will do that too.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
I think I was so overwhelmed with all the paperwork, and getting things translated etc, I've since thought of other things I could have sent. And I've gotten more ideas from this forum! :) Like FB screen shots, and my life insurance policy that shows him as a beneficary. And I didn't do a personal letter about our relationship becuase I felt like the questionaire was enough, but I think I will do that too.
awe! yeah the paperwork is overwhelming. i think it would be great if you sent in that extra stuff now. especially the life insurance thats a really good piece of evidence!!

we sent in that stuff with our application and tons of other evidence, our consultant said for sure it would get approved.

but i feel like i should send more. because since we sent in our app. my common-laws refugee was denied so he came to mexico to wait for the sponsorship. and me and our dog came with him!. so were here in mexico. i think if we sent extra evidence, proof that im here with him while we wait... i dunno to me its seems like it would be beneficial.... could be just my paranoia getting to me though.. hahah

but i dont see why it would ever hurt to send more evidence! :D

sunnydelight

Jul 27, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I am new in this forum. I would like to ask for you help. I am sponsoring my husband who is an American Citizen. He has 2 children who are under 18 years old from his previous marriage. My husband has joint custody. Both kids wants to come in Canada in the future.
My questions are:
1. Does my husband need consent from his ex for medical examination of their children?

2. Can they do the medical exams after submitting the applications or everything has to be submitted all at once?

3. Do they need to get an fbi clearance even if they are under 18 years? If not, do we need to send the immigration a letter or documentation the reason why they don't have fbi clearance?

4. Lasty, do the children need to have passports to show for medical exams even if they are not accompanying my husband?

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
sunnydelight said:
Hello Everyone!

I am new in this forum. I would like to ask for you help. I am sponsoring my husband who is an American Citizen. He has 2 children who are under 18 years old from his previous marriage. My husband has joint custody. Both kids wants to come in Canada in the future.
My questions are:
1. Does my husband need consent from his ex for medical examination of their children?

2. Can they do the medical exams after submitting the applications or everything has to be submitted all at once?

3. Do they need to get an fbi clearance even if they are under 18 years? If not, do we need to send the immigration a letter or documentation the reason why they don't have fbi clearance?

4. Lasty, do the children need to have passports to show for medical exams even if they are not accompanying my husband?
Hi there sunnydelight

1. No your husband does not need permission for the medicals, he may take them on his days he has them.

2. Should really do the medical prior to submitting the application.

3. Under 18 they do not, and no as CIC will see that from their birthdates.

4. I'm thinking since the children are non accompanying him, that a birth certificate would be fine, Don't forget the photos that they will need the medical.

I hope this helps & good luck

JesustheSavior

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
28-11-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hey guys , im new to this forum. my question is : can someone please tell me how long they take to process an application after sending a new medical exam? i checked cic website and it says for expired imigration document, it takes 2 to 6 months???? thanks.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys, i'm inland applicant at sponsorship category, and I got AIP june 14 after that I received a letter from CIC asking for new medical examination and to pay the land fee, I did the examination and mailed to them with the money order of $490.00 july 11, my question is how it works? the doctor sent to ottawa, what is next? how long is takes? i know the second stage takes about 8 months right? but as per the letter i received only the land fee and my medical examination was missing to finish my case!
How long takes to my results get into the system/ECAS!?!
Thank you!

umenova

Sep 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am PR of Canada. I got married 2 weeks before in my home country in Pakistan.

I want to know that whom shud i inform that i got married. Should i inform LDN visa office, Pak visa office or some where else.

Should i attach a copy of my marriage certificate?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
umenova said:
Hi all,

I am PR of Canada. I got married 2 weeks before in my home country in Pakistan.

I want to know that whom shud i inform that i got married. Should i inform LDN visa office, Pak visa office or some where else.

Should i attach a copy of my marriage certificate?
I assume this means you have already landed in Canada and then went back to get married. If you married two weeks before you landed, you have a serious problem (you would be barred from sponsoring your spouse).

When you return to Canada you may file an application to sponsor your new spouse to move to Canada. If your spouse can obtain a TRV to visit Canada, you may submit the application via the inland process. Otherwise, you must use the outland process, which means you must first be approved as a sponsor (3-4 months at the moment) and then they send the entire application to Islamabad. According to the most recent data, the outland process via Islamabad requires:

20% of applications completed in 16 months
50% of applications completed in 20 months
80% of applications completed in 26 months

Note that you must remain resident in Canada while this process is ongoing - you can go back to Pakistan for short visits, but if CIC determines you are no longer resident in Canada your sponsorship application will be abandoned.

The inland process takes 11 months (to approve you as sponsor) and then 8 months (to approve the applicant) and during that time the applicant should not leave Canada (there is a risk that if the applicant is not allowed to re-enter the application is abandoned.) The challenge in this case is likely to get your spouse a TRV. If you can do that, the inland process makes a lot of sense. Otherwise, you are probably looking at a couple of years before your spouse can join you in Canada.

Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
calgaryjatt said:
Is it good or bad if Canadian Citizen lives with spouse in India for 5-6 months? I got married in Feb 2012 and stayed with my wife for 1.5 month and came back to Canada in April 2012 and i am working in Canada now. I am planning to visit India for 5-6 months once i get the approval from Ontario Office. Please provide your thoughts.
living together can affect our process in both directions. it can be a good proof of genuine relationship but it can go against the rule that sponsor has to be in Canada during the process (but citizens can stay outside Canada, but MUST provide proof of their return to Canada once their spouse gets PR).
living together can cause interview for sure. if you have good ties to Canada such as house, bank accounts, job offer etc. you can come to India and stay with your wife.
good luck

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi everyone
one of my friend who is PR of canada, sponsored his wife from India. after sponsorship approval, he came to India and living with his wife for more than one month. he is planning to go back to canada soon, does he need to inform CIC about his trip to India or not?? ??
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
hi everyone
one of my friend who is PR of canada, sponsored his wife from India. after sponsorship approval, he came to India and living with his wife for more than one month. he is planning to go back to canada soon, does he need to inform CIC about his trip to India or not?? ??
thanks
He should return to Canada immediately before they find out he is not there. They are very strict about PR sponsors residing in Canada. If they find that he is in India for a month, they may feel feel that he is not residing in Canada any more and may cancel his application.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hey guys,
Quick question: when you receive your AOR, do you receive two differet UCI numbers for both the sponsor and the applicant, or just a UCI for the sponsor? I need to wait for my AOR to send a replacement form to my VO, but want to include both numbers, not just one (to avoid confusion and delays)
Any advice would be appreciated!

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
bagelbagel81 said:
Hey guys,
Quick question: when you receive your AOR, do you receive two differet UCI numbers for both the sponsor and the applicant, or just a UCI for the sponsor? I need to wait for my AOR to send a replacement form to my VO, but want to include both numbers, not just one (to avoid confusion and delays)
Any advice would be appreciated!
Hi bagel sponsor and applicant both will have their own UCI, but you will have a joint Application number. You dont have to put both UCI#'s on. Usually what we did was who ever was sending in the information we used our own and our application number. Hope this helps .. good luck