+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
:pHello everyone! Just want to ask if being pregnant while the sponsorship application is being processed would cause delay later?? what could be the consequences? My husband has submitted already my application this June 2012 just waiting for some news from CPC-M. We are actually planning to have a baby but we are just a bit worried that it could create problems later. Your response is greatly appreciated:)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
mystique1980 said:
:pHello everyone! Just want to ask if being pregnant while the sponsorship application is being processed would cause delay later?? what could be the consequences? My husband has submitted already my application this June 2012 just waiting for some news from CPC-M. We are actually planning to have a baby but we are just a bit worried that it could create problems later. Your response is greatly appreciated:)
If you don't get sponsorship before the baby is born, you will have a medical bill obviously. Otherwise the baby is automatically Canadian thanks to your husband. It would be easier to have the baby in Canada and get a Canadian birth certificate, but like I said, if you don't have medical coverage, the costs are crazy!! That's really the only issue.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mystique1980 said:
Well if you just filed your application, you have three months to wait for sponsorship approval. Unless you are VERY fortunate (e.g., from the UK, with it's short processing time) and have a picture perfect application that sails through, you will probably not have approval before that time. You don't mention if you are already in Canada; if you are, you should investigate what your provincial standards are for providing health care - some will allow you to join their programs while your application is pending, depending upon your status in Canada.

If you are not yet pregnant buy an insurance policy now. Make very sure it covers the costs you would reasonably anticipate receiving.

If you are not in Canada, you can request "early admission" and if granted most provinces will allow you to obtain health care (but again, this varies by province). The problem with "Temporary Resident Permits" is that they are entirely discretionary and poorly understood. You should look for "OP 20: Temporary Resident Permits" to read about this option. It's NOT the first choice, but it is something to keep in mind as one possible option. If you are a US Citizen, you can request a TRP at the border. Anyone may request one from a Canadian consulate or embassy overseas.

If your child is born in Canada, he or she will be Canadian; here in BC he or she would immediately be covered by provincial health services, but you'd need to confirm that with your own province to verify that would be the case.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys, i went to the interview at Etobicoke Office yesterday, and I like to share with you guys, the interview was "OK", we stay together all the time, she asked couple questions, easy questions, and looked the documents i provided (joint bank accounts, Mortgage, Utility bills, extra photos), to make the long story short, my wife (the sponsor) she had a 2 years previous marriage, and divorced 5 months after she got the PR, because his ex-husband committed adultery, she caught him with another woman and she didnt accepted that! The officer asked direct to my wife's face! Do you married to get status in Canada? My wife said NOT! and she asked to my wife to explain why she divorced so fast! My wife explained to her all the issues of the adultery, everything!! she said ok, i dont have more questions, you guys can go and wait for the letter with my decision! I don't know what is gonna happen, the only thing I know is my file was transfered because of my wife's previous marriage! Have you guys know similar situation and what was the decision from them?!

Please excuse my English, I'm learning!
Thank you!

aljarreau

Sep 28, 2009
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2007
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2007
IELTS Request
No IELTS
Med's Request
20-06-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
20-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2010
LANDED..........
23-07-2011
Hi guys,
i have many questions concerning the sponsorship for my mother and her dependent(s).
My sister lives since 20 years in Canada. She also has the canadian citizenship. She applied to sponsor our mother in year 2006 (through Mississauga and now the local Visa Office in Dakar). last week the VO in Dakar requested the passports for the visas. Three Persons were included in the application: My mother, her Husband (my father) and my brother (the dependents of the main applicant). Now the questions:

1- Are the fees paid twice? In the passport request the VO wrote "you have to pay the fees if they haven't been paid"
but my sister (the sponsor) had paid already some kind of fees long time ago in Mississauga, except the fees for my father (dependent and husband
of the main applicant). The VO has not provided the bank account for the fees!!

1.a- Which kind of fees exist in the sponsorship? are the fees paid twice?

2- When the visas will are issued, can my mother (the main applicant) travel first alone to validate the visa without her dependents (husband
and son)?
if yes: after the main applicant has landed to validate her visa, how long time the dependents have to validate their visa regardless of the visa validity?

3- the main applicant has also received a form to fill along with Passport request letter . All her children have to be mentioned on the form (accompanying or not). Each child must have his own Form to fill or a single Form must contain all children?

Note: my mother and her dependents have all underwent the medical check. My brother is "mandatory" in the application but my father ist "optional". That means my brother must immigrate to Canada but my father could immigrate

As you see i have many questions that cause headaches :-\
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
computergeek said:
Well if you just filed your application, you have three months to wait for sponsorship approval. Unless you are VERY fortunate (e.g., from the UK, with it's short processing time) and have a picture perfect application that sails through, you will probably not have approval before that time. You don't mention if you are already in Canada; if you are, you should investigate what your provincial standards are for providing health care - some will allow you to join their programs while your application is pending, depending upon your status in Canada.

If you are not yet pregnant buy an insurance policy now. Make very sure it covers the costs you would reasonably anticipate receiving.

If you are not in Canada, you can request "early admission" and if granted most provinces will allow you to obtain health care (but again, this varies by province). The problem with "Temporary Resident Permits" is that they are entirely discretionary and poorly understood. You should look for "OP 20: Temporary Resident Permits" to read about this option. It's NOT the first choice, but it is something to keep in mind as one possible option. If you are a US Citizen, you can request a TRP at the border. Anyone may request one from a Canadian consulate or embassy overseas.

If your child is born in Canada, he or she will be Canadian; here in BC he or she would immediately be covered by provincial health services, but you'd need to confirm that with your own province to verify that would be the case.
Hi computergeek! Thanks for your response I really appreciate it. I'm from Philippines and my husband s currently in Canada. He is a canadian. Actually we are on the stage of planning to have a baby when he comes back for his vacation here n Philippines this September 2012 thats the 3rd month of our application. If in case I get pregnant while my sponsorship application is being processed do you think it would hinder the application? Or the CIC will require us another papers to be processed?

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
parker24 said:
If you don't get sponsorship before the baby is born, you will have a medical bill obviously. Otherwise the baby is automatically Canadian thanks to your husband. It would be easier to have the baby in Canada and get a Canadian birth certificate, but like I said, if you don't have medical coverage, the costs are crazy!! That's really the only issue.
Hi parker24!:) actually it's just our plan for me to get pregnant but we are a bit worried that it could affect the application later on or maybe CPC-M will require us additional papers to be processed. I already done my medical last February 2012 and my Application was just sent this June 4 and received by CPC-M on June 7. My husband who is currently in canada and is canadian is coming for vacation this September 2012 and it's our plan to have a baby.

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
parker24 said:
You don't need that at all, just Option C. Ignore IMM 1283 :)
thanks for your answer, i still have questions :-\
Do you think it's ok that i write the date of pictures at the back of them? and date is enough or should i write the name of everyone in pics?
and what about paying fees? which one is better ? online or bank ...? I just find out if i want to pay by bank i should wait 2 weeks for order the receipt, is there any risk for paying online?
and about sponsorship evaluation , i started working from last month, what should i write in section 3, your personal net income, it means how much is my income in a year ? My employer write a letter for me which is said my income per hour, so my income depends how may hours i work in a month, So what should i write in " Amount, 12 month period starting and ending" ?
I'm going to send documents next week and i'm just too worry about them
Thanks

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
sheyda said:
thanks for your answer, i still have questions :-\
Do you think it's ok that i write the date of pictures at the back of them? and date is enough or should i write the name of everyone in pics?
and what about paying fees? which one is better ? online or bank ...? I just find out if i want to pay by bank i should wait 2 weeks for order the receipt, is there any risk for paying online?
and about sponsorship evaluation , i started working from last month, what should i write in section 3, your personal net income, it means how much is my income in a year ? My employer write a letter for me which is said my income per hour, so my income depends how may hours i work in a month, So what should i write in " Amount, 12 month period starting and ending" ?
I'm going to send documents next week and i'm just too worry about them
Thanks
For the pictures right the date, the people, and the location. Online is better i find than you have your proof e-mailed to you and the risk is not very high. I would take last months earnings and put that down and the last 12 months income. Does the letter state that you are permanent and working full-time? Personal Net income means your income after all the statutory deductions ( tax, insurance, pension plan etc)

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
cgagnon said:
For the pictures right the date, the people, and the location. Online is better i find than you have your proof e-mailed to you and the risk is not very high. I would take last months earnings and put that down and the last 12 months income. Does the letter state that you are permanent and working full-time? Personal Net income means your income after all the statutory deductions ( tax, insurance, pension plan etc)
Thanks
Actually I work as part-time here..but the letter doesnt say that... it said :
At present, Mrs..... is an employee with ..... since May 2012.
She is currently working as an ..... She earns on hourly rate of .... from which appropriate source deduction are made on a monthly basis.

So based on my start date which is May, I shouldn't write anything in those 12 months blanks?

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
sheyda said:
Thanks
Actually I work as part-time here..but the letter doesnt say that... it said :
At present, Mrs..... is an employee with ..... since May 2012.
She is currently working as an ..... She earns on hourly rate of .... from which appropriate source deduction are made on a monthly basis.

So based on my start date which is May, I shouldn't write anything in those 12 months blanks?
Have you worked prior to that.. what did you report on your income taxes?

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
cgagnon said:
Have you worked prior to that.. what did you report on your income taxes?
No i have not :mad:
My parents will support us and i put a copy of my bank account too
A lawyer told me it's better for you to find a job and show them that you r working !!
I moved to Canada 6 months ago.
In option C , my total income and Net income is 1. :'(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sheyda said:
No i have not :mad:
My parents will support us and i put a copy of my bank account too
A lawyer told me it's better for you to find a job and show them that you r working !!
I moved to Canada 6 months ago.
In option C , my total income and Net income is 1. :'(
That's okay! First of all, please, don't waste your money on a lawyer!

Second, write out how you plan to support yourself and your spouse. Staying with your parents is a great way. Plus your employment letter is good too! I am only an on-call educational assistant, I work maybe once a month. I also get disability which isn't a lot of money but I still got approved to sponsor so that's okay! :)

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
parker24 said:
That's okay! First of all, please, don't waste your money on a lawyer!

Second, write out how you plan to support yourself and your spouse. Staying with your parents is a great way. Plus your employment letter is good too! I am only an on-call educational assistant, I work maybe once a month. I also get disability which isn't a lot of money but I still got approved to sponsor so that's okay! :)
Thanks
Actually my parents insisted to get a lawyer but i told them i can handle myself :eek:
and i just get a advice from a lawyer who help us for immigration ( so I didn't pay him ;) )
Ok so i should put my option C ... and just write down my hourly salary which i receive and my bank account ???
and send my application with a lot of hope :D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mystique1980 said:
Hi computergeek! Thanks for your response I really appreciate it. I'm from Philippines and my husband s currently in Canada. He is a canadian. Actually we are on the stage of planning to have a baby when he comes back for his vacation here n Philippines this September 2012 thats the 3rd month of our application. If in case I get pregnant while my sponsorship application is being processed do you think it would hinder the application? Or the CIC will require us another papers to be processed?
The only issue your pregnancy could pose with respect to your application is that it may cause problems obtaining medicals. If you have already done medicals, then that won't be an issue.

In general (the rules are a bit technical and complex, so there are exceptions) your child will be a Canadian citizen, even if born in a different country, so you would be able to obtain a certificate of Canadian citizenship and then obtain a Canadian passport. Only you would need sponsorship. If your child does not qualify as a Canadian citizen, then he or she would need to be added to your application. That will certainly add time to processing your application, but it shouldn't change the ultimate outcome.

Manila's 80% processing time is currently 9 months. Thus, if you were to become pregnant in September, your application may or may not be completed by the time the baby is due. It is late enough it might interfere with your ability to travel.

Good luck!