+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

V

viictus

xprecious32 said:
We are going to apply outland for him. My next question is do I have to qualify financially to sponsor him? i've been all over the websites including the canadian immigration website and it is all so confusing. What forms exactly do we need to fill out and send in? One place tells me these forms the next says different forms. We are married now and want to start this process now. Where do we start? So many questions and can't find the answers.
Assuming you are still asking about sponsoring your husband with 3 non-accompanying dependent children, the answer is no, you do not have to qualify financially to be a sponsor. Spousal sponsorships that do not include dependent children with dependent children of their own (i.e. grandchildren) are exempt from the financial requirement/LICO. However, you will need to prove you are not on social assistance, not currently in bankruptcy and are employable in Canada.

xprecious32

Mar 27, 2012
viictus said:
Assuming you are still asking about sponsoring your husband with 3 non-accompanying dependent children, the answer is no, you do not have to qualify financially to be a sponsor. Spousal sponsorships that do not include dependent children with dependent children of their own (i.e. grandchildren) are exempt from the financial requirement/LICO. However, you will need to prove you are not on social assistance, not currently in bankruptcy and are employable in Canada.
I have a job, that I've had for almost 6 years, so that is not a problem. Next question, in 2007 he was found guilty of domestic abuse(by vedicitive ex)he received a conditional discharge in Canada. And in 2005 was also charged in the USA, but she dropped the charges. Will this make him non-sponsorable? Also, he was here in Canada for almost 3 years on a work permit, will that help him at all? And if I understand the cic website correctly, if he wants to bring his children here at a later date, he must get their medicals done now? This does not make any sense to me as medicals are only good for one year. His daughter was born here in Canada, so she should not need sponsoring?

Kiinngg Farakh Gujjar

Apr 25, 2012
Operational Bulletin 423 - May 24, 2012
Reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate
Summary
Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

Issue
This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure.

Background
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), sections 30(4) and 72(1)(e)(iii), foreign nationals (FNs) who seek to enter Canada and those already in Canada applying to become permanent residents must hold a medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under the IRPR within the previous twelve months, indicating that they are not inadmissible on health grounds. However, upon request of an officer, HB has been granting ‘extension of IME validity' for periods varying from one to twelve months in order to support operational needs. This process has been reviewed for better alignment with the legislation and strengthening of program integrity.

A medical assessment, which is a medical examination for the purposes of immigration, is the review of an applicant's medical file by a MOF and/or HB delegated staff. The result of the last medical assessment is entered in Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) electronic platforms (such as the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or Field Operations Support System (FOSS) as an ‘M' profile indicating that an applicant is either admissible or inadmissible on health grounds. A medical certificate is an ‘M' profile indicating that an applicant underwent a medical examination within the previous 12 months and is not inadmissible on health grounds (therefore limited to M1, M2, M3, M23, M19, M29, and M39 profiles).

Instructions
When the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires, the officer will:

Issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the IME is older than 15 months;
For in-Canada and overseas cases with an IME done within the last 15 months:
Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
Beijing: Bejing-mc @ international.gc.ca
London: London-mc @ international.gc.ca
Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc @ international.gc.ca
Manila- Visa offices previously attached to RMO Singapore: Manil.mc-im @ international.gc.ca
New Delhi: Delhi-mc @ international.gc.ca
Ottawa: ime-reassessment @ cic.gc.ca
Paris: Paris-mc @ international.gc.ca
Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant's medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate';
Provide the applicant's name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed.

Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Provide a new opinion of admissibility or inadmissibility on health grounds;
Enter the new ‘M' profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly.

If the opinion of the CIC MOF and/or HB delegated staff is that the applicant is:
Admissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will be issued and will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date of the new medical assessment;
Inadmissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will not be issued.
The new ‘M' profile constitutes the most current opinion of inadmissibility provided to the officer for the final decision of inadmissibility on health grounds.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

kj17mj

May 4, 2012
HI good evening

Im Sponsoring my husband who is outland (Philippines),

regarding on the form of Additional Family, does he need to fill out and put the name/s of his parents and sister eventhough they are not included in my Sponsorship? Because Im only sponsoring my husband no one else..

Two more questions, will it affect my sponsorship to him if I dont have work since the day I came here in Canada, though I have my own source of income like babysitting, and being a Avon Representative?

We have 2 kids who are with me, and I will declare them in my sponsorship for him...

Should I also include on my income those child tax benefit that i receive, or it must not be included?

Looking forward for your immediate response.. Thank you and have a good evening =)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kj17mj said:
regarding on the form of Additional Family, does he need to fill out and put the name/s of his parents and sister eventhough they are not included in my Sponsorship? Because Im only sponsoring my husband no one else..

Yes. As additional family members, they are not included in the application but they still need to be listed.

Two more questions, will it affect my sponsorship to him if I dont have work since the day I came here in Canada, though I have my own source of income like babysitting, and being a Avon Representative?

Immigration wants to see your option C printout. That is from the taxes. There are no specific income requirements to sponsor a spouse, however, they can deny if it looks like you have no means of support whatsoever.

We have 2 kids who are with me, and I will declare them in my sponsorship for him...

If the children are already PR or citizens, they are to be included only in the additional family information and not in the IMM0008. If they are not already PR, they would be in IMM0008 so they can get PR themselves.

kj17mj

May 4, 2012
Oh i see.. now i understand it so well....

Thank you so much for your fast response...

This forum is very reliable to everyone who's in need of answers to their questions in sponsing their spouse..

Till next time...Good nightie! =D

Wolla

May 31, 2012
Hey guys,

I've got a couple of questions about my application.
I'm a German citizen who's currently living in Canada on a 4 year student visa. I've been living with my Canadian girlfriend for almost 2 years now and I want to apply for PR via common-law.
Since I'm already in Canada and on a 4 year Visa I can apply outland or inland, correct? I've done quite a bit of research and it seems as if outland is overall the better choice. I read that I could apply either thru the Berlin office or the Buffalo one, is that correct? Now both of them are closed, what are my options now? Ottawa and/or Vienna?
I'm basically looking for the shortest processing time.

Thanks for any advice, the whole process can be quite overwhelming!

ria165

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/12
File Transfer...
29/08/12 ( 1.5 YR TRAVEL HISTORY )
hi everyone m new to ths forum .. .

here is my case . 3 4 days back my husband apply for my spouse visa we attached every document everyproof like 500 pages of facebbok chats n 400 pic of pre mrg post mrg n wedding honeymoon etc etc .. yahoo chats .. like we were in contact with each other from aug 2011.. we had formal eng(roka) in nov2011 n wedding in march 2012 ... n we send everythng like medical .. police certificate .. and i to have travel history 1 yr so i also attached th police clearence from tht country .. so my prb is i was also refused student visa once of the same country where i spent 1 yr but in form it was written refused addmission to or order to leave canada .. refused addmission does not mean refused visa .. but later we chkd th form and its written if u refused .. visitor or temporary visa for canada or any other country .. ? so now my file is already sent 3 4 days backk .. so what shoud i do for that .. can i send them letter now n explain everything or i wait for my file to reach ND bcz my side proccessing will start at new delhi canada will only chek my husbands back ground .. ??

can anyone plzz helpp m soo soo confused on what to do.. '.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolla said:
I've got a couple of questions about my application.
I'm a German citizen who's currently living in Canada on a 4 year student visa. I've been living with my Canadian girlfriend for almost 2 years now and I want to apply for PR via common-law.
Since I'm already in Canada and on a 4 year Visa I can apply outland or inland, correct? I've done quite a bit of research and it seems as if outland is overall the better choice. I read that I could apply either thru the Berlin office or the Buffalo one, is that correct? Now both of them are closed, what are my options now? Ottawa and/or Vienna?
I'm basically looking for the shortest processing time.
Yes, you can apply outland or inland, Buffalo or Berlin or from what it looks like now, Ottawa or Vienna.

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp Vienna was faster than Berlin or Buffalo, however, if Vienna is now taking over the workload of Berlin, maybe they will become slower. Same with Ottawa taking over the workload of Buffalo.

It is hard to say who will be faster. You also have average cases and special cases and it is impossible to say, maybe you get a slow visa officer even if you send to a fast office.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ria165 said:
hi everyone m new to ths forum .. .

here is my case . 3 4 days back my husband apply for my spouse visa we attached every document everyproof like 500 pages of facebbok chats n 400 pic of pre mrg post mrg n wedding honeymoon etc etc .. yahoo chats .. like we were in contact with each other from aug 2011.. we had formal eng(roka) in nov2011 n wedding in march 2012 ... n we send everythng like medical .. police certificate .. and i to have travel history 1 yr so i also attached th police clearence from tht country .. so my prb is i was also refused student visa once of the same country where i spent 1 yr but in form it was written refused addmission to or order to leave canada .. refused addmission does not mean refused visa .. but later we chkd th form and its written if u refused .. visitor or temporary visa for canada or any other country .. ? so now my file is already sent 3 4 days backk .. so what shoud i do for that .. can i send them letter now n explain everything or i wait for my file to reach ND bcz my side proccessing will start at new delhi canada will only chek my husbands back ground .. ??

can anyone plzz helpp m soo soo confused on what to do.. '.
Write a letter explaining the correction. Include identification information for both of you so they can match it up. Include updated forms as well. Send a copy to the office.

When you get AOR (so you have a file number) send another copy to the visa office.

EkkusuXI

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
Hey everyone! New to the forum here of course. (Just registered) but me and my fiancee at the moment due to be married soon are getting our big journey ready. For the time being I was curious about something and was hoping someone here could answer. I was in the USAF only for Basic Military training. I was seperated from basic training due to what they said was fradulent enlistment. No one the forms to fill out for the spousal application it just asks if there was any prior military service and all that would I put anything down or? And will this impede on my ability to move to canada? (By the way Im an american citizen and my fiancee and soon to be wife is a Canadian citizen.)

Edit: Also the seperation was as if I was never in BMT. Not like a criminal charge or any of the such. (So there was no court no nothing not even a dishonorable just a pure seperation from BMT) If it helps it was considered and ELS.

I know im full of questions and being scared/nervous that this could mess itself up. But I want to know is there a way to go about getting medicals done early? Or should I wait until they are requested?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EkkusuXI said:
I know im full of questions and being scared/nervous that this could mess itself up. But I want to know is there a way to go about getting medicals done early? Or should I wait until they are requested?
For spousal, you should get the medicals done before you send in your application. It is a part of the package.

You should be truthful about your background history. If you hide this and somehow they find out about it, you can lose your PR over it. Therefore it is better to come clean. It will not affect your application in any way.

EkkusuXI

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
Leon said:
For spousal, you should get the medicals done before you send in your application. It is a part of the package.

You should be truthful about your background history. If you hide this and somehow they find out about it, you can lose your PR over it. Therefore it is better to come clean. It will not affect your application in any way.
Edit: Nevermind answered my own silly question.

Wolla

May 31, 2012
Leon said:
Yes, you can apply outland or inland, Buffalo or Berlin Vienna was faster than Berlin or Buffalo, however, if Vienna is now taking over the workload of Berlin, maybe they will become slower. Same with Ottawa taking over the workload of Buffalo.

It is hard to say who will be faster. You also have average cases and special cases and it is impossible to say, maybe you get a slow visa officer even if you send to a fast office.
Thanks for the quick answer! This forum is really useful. I guess i just have to indicate on one of the forms where i would like my application to be processed? Vienna seemed to be a good choice before the restructuring, is there a Thread on the Ottawa office yet?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolla said:
Thanks for the quick answer! This forum is really useful. I guess i just have to indicate on one of the forms where i would like my application to be processed? Vienna seemed to be a good choice before the restructuring, is there a Thread on the Ottawa office yet?
Even if there was, if they just added Buffalo's caseload to Ottawa and Berlin's caseload to Vienna, we will not really see until several months from now which one of them is handling the additional caseload better.

You have to write some visa office on your forms but you could write a cover letter stating that you would have no problem if they sent it to the other one depending on which is less overloaded.