n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
Hi leon,

I'm not sure if this was already asked and replied to before.. I'll be applying for a spouse visa and will soon fill out the forms.. Would you know if the middle name should be included in the 'given name' field of the form? I noticed all the forms ask for the 'given name' and 'last name' only... How about the middle name?? I personally think the middle name should not be included though..

Tony3

Dec 16, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Just want to share great news on my application to sponsor my wife from the Philippines. My application was received on January 9, 2012 at CIC. This morning I received an email dated February 18, 2012 , that I have met eligibility requirements for the sponsorship and file forwarded to Manila for further processing.
So that was about 41 days processing time at Mississauga, which is very quick.

I hope all other applicants will receive their good news soon as well , if not already. Will keep everyone posted . Thank you so much to some of you who have answered my previous questions.

Like it was mentioned by previous posts already, I must say that, well documented, organised, meticulous and truthful paper work always pays off in the end.

God Bless !!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
merger said:
I'm not sure if this was already asked and replied to before.. I'll be applying for a spouse visa and will soon fill out the forms.. Would you know if the middle name should be included in the 'given name' field of the form? I noticed all the forms ask for the 'given name' and 'last name' only... How about the middle name?? I personally think the middle name should not be included though..
When in doubt, read the guide. You can find your guide here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp#3999E4

What it says about your name:

Principal Applicant's Personal Details

Question 1

The following questions must be answered by the Principal Applicant.

Indicate your full last name (surname/family name) as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Indicate all of your given name(s) (first, second or more) as they appear on your passport, travel or identity document. Do not use initials.

mzfar

Feb 17, 2012
@ Charlie

Yes I put an index page and just simply put the whole file in order

So eg when you open my file it wouldve been
Bam! index page saying
1. sponsor kit
2. sponsor questionnaiire
3i sponsors Birth and marriage certifi....

and i put the files according to them. no paging no nothing.

Also I do have a middle name: to help you My eg is name is Angie Geon Italia
you put as like this

Given name Italia
Name : Angie Geon

yopu put middle name beside first name

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Leon said:
When in doubt, read the guide. You can find your guide here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp#3999E4

This is where I get confused. It says to indicate your name as it appears in your passport (all given names) and not to use an initial, the thing is, my passport has my first name, middle initial, and last name... my birth certificate shows my complete middle name.... so should I still put my complete middle name? or just the initial as that is how it appears in my passport...
I think I should just put the initial because it asks for it exactly how it is in the passport, but then I'm not 100% sure..

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
This is where I get confused. It says to indicate your name as it appears in your passport (all given names) and not to use an initial, the thing is, my passport has my first name, middle initial, and last name... my birth certificate shows my complete middle name.... so should I still put my complete middle name? or just the initial as that is how it appears in my passport...
I think I should just put the initial because it asks for it exactly how it is in the passport, but then I'm not 100% sure..
It says do not use initials so you should not use initials.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Leon said:
It says do not use initials so you should not use initials.
Ok, thank you.

Should I make a note and say why I wrote the full middle name when it is different than what is exactly shown in my passport?

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
congratulation sir ... u r wife is so lucky ... hope i can received approval in Feb too ...i submitted my application on 6th January inland but i still waiting

Hi Everyone,

Just want to share great news on my application to sponsor my wife from the Philippines. My application was received on January 9, 2012 at CIC. This morning I received an email dated February 18, 2012 , that I have met eligibility requirements for the sponsorship and file forwarded to Manila for further processing.
So that was about 41 days processing time at Mississauga, which is very quick.

I hope all other applicants will receive their good news soon as well , if not already. Will keep everyone posted . Thank you so much to some of you who have answered my previous questions.

Like it was mentioned by previous posts already, I must say that, well documented, organised, meticulous and truthful paper work always pays off in the end.

God Bless !!!!!

[/quote]

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
Leon said:

Hi leon,

Thanks.. That's where I get confused.. If the middle name is part of a person's given name.. I know it says 'as indicated on the passport or travel document' but I'm not sure it it is referring to the whole name or specifically just the 'given names' coz a person can have 1, 2, and even 3 names..

I googled and I've read that the given name is the first name of a person, given at birth - name given at or near birth in contrast to the one you inherit such as the surname.

So I don't know if the guide is just asking me to include all my given names (I have 2) or if it means put the middle name as well.

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koala18 said:
Hi guys, I have a few questions:

1. Can I do my medical exam prior to submitting the application?
Thanks!!!
My Fiance is from Lima, Peru, we intend to have our package ready to go and only needing to add on the marriage certificate.
I know he is able to initiate his medical with a DMP, but curious where it should be done.
He will apply for a TRV in August the the intention to come for a "2-3 week vacation" after this...

1.) should he do the both Medical and Police check in Peru??? even though we don't intend to marry a few weeks later while he is "visiting" Canada? Does it matter? Is he able to get a police check from Canada?

2.) Medical results are sent to Missisauga.. Are the Crim CHeck results forwarded there as well? or do we have to wait for them to submit with our mailed in file. If yes, How long does it take to recieve them.

THANKS!!!!! I feel like my ducks are starting to get in their row! Reading this Family Sponsorship Topic page has been so so helpful!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worththewait2012 said:
1.) should he do the both Medical and Police check in Peru??? even though we don't intend to marry a few weeks later while he is "visiting" Canada? Does it matter? Is he able to get a police check from Canada?

2.) Medical results are sent to Missisauga.. Are the Crim CHeck results forwarded there as well? or do we have to wait for them to submit with our mailed in file. If yes, How long does it take to recieve them.
1) He can do the medical with any DMP in any country where he is located at the time. You can find one here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

2) He will need a police clearance from all countries where he has lived for 6 months or more after he turned 18. Here are the instructions for Peru: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/peru.asp You must get the police clearance on paper and send it in with your application. If he decides to get it before coming to Canada, keep in mind that you must apply for sponsorship within 3 months of getting the police clearance or it will have expired. He does not need a police clearance from Canada even if he spent more than 6 months at some point because immigration can check that.

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
1) He can do the medical with any DMP in any country where he is located at the time. You can find one here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

2) He will need a police clearance from all countries where he has lived for 6 months or more after he turned 18. Here are the instructions for Peru: http://www.c
ic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/peru.asp You must get the police clearance on paper and send it in with your application. If he decides to get it before coming to Canada, keep in mind that you must apply for sponsorship within 3 months of getting the police clearance or it will have expired. He does not need a police clearance from Canada even if he spent more than 6 months at some point because immigration can check that.
My eyes have widened.... This could get really interesting as he has been a cruiseship crew member and has been ALL OVER the world for the past 5 years.. several contracts.. but not impossible to put in sequence....He will have to submit his past contracts which show ship allocation and address? He was never in any other one country for more than 2 days.

Any advice for this?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
worththewait2012 said:
My eyes have widened.... This could get really interesting as he has been a cruiseship crew member and has been ALL OVER the world for the past 5 years.. several contracts.. but not impossible to put in sequence....He will have to submit his past contracts which show ship allocation and address? He was never in any other one country for more than 2 days.

Any advice for this?
He has to have LIVED in the country for more than 6 months to need a police certificate.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worththewait2012 said:

Any advice for this?
Like Charlie just said, he will not need a police clearance from those countries but if a travel history is asked for, he will have to try to write it up from his best recollection and if he can not put it together, just write a cover letter explaining he was working on a cruise ship and can not recall every stop they made any more.

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Like Charlie just said, he will not need a police clearance from those countries but if a travel history is asked for, he will have to try to write it up from his best recollection and if he can not put it together, just write a cover letter explaining he was working on a cruise ship and can not recall every stop they made any more.
Thanks for your reply Leon. His agency should have it all in his file... His passport is also littered with stamps. I am thinking will need to photocopy about 20 of the IMM 5669's to have enough space for his Personal History. I am sure they will love that.

Also... please tell me it is only his living situations that need to be documented and not all of his family members.