Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
mariawalker said:
Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Do you think it will make any delay to our application?

I have undeclared daughter who lives with her grandmother to her father side, she is 20 yrs old now, she doesn't want to come to canada. Since she is not minor I let her decide for herself. I wrote a letter to the Canadian Embassy about her disinterest of coming with us. My eldest that is included to my application is 26 yrs old with disability. We submitted our PP last Dec. 7, 2011 Our Ecas status is still in process and address disappear 2 weeks ago.

Anyone can give your opinion, Thanks!

You mean to say you didn't declare your 20 yo daughter in your application? whether dependents are coming or not they must be declared I believe. In my case I declared both my two (2) boys age 9 and 11 on the application, even though they're in full custody with their father, I was not able to get their visa picture and medical, my ex-husband didn't allow me. But I provided both their original birth certificate, I also submitted an affidavit instead of an ordinary letter stating the reason why I failed to provide all of these with full understanding that I wont be able to sponsor them someday through Family Class but hoping they can be given other visa in the future such as tourist and student visa to be able to come to Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 20 yo. should be in your application but you can list her as not accompanying if she doesn't want to come.

tim maguire

Jan 5, 2012
NYC, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
11-08-2012
G.Ysabelle, that must have been really hard to leave your children like that (even though you probably didn't see them much as it was, it still must have been hard). I hope you are happier in Canada.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Marriage on your mind for immigration? Think again

Married newcomers to Canada better be in love or be prepared tough it out in the relationship for two years if they don't want to be kicked out of the country.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is changing Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to make a sponsored spouse stay in the relationship for at least two years once they receive permanent residence status, or they have to leave Canada.

"For two years, you have to stay married," said Winnipeg Liberal MP Kevin Lamoureux, who heard the news on Valentine's Day as a member of the standing committee on Citizenship and Immigration. The government is bringing into force regulatory changes to deter marriage fraud, he said.

It will impose a two-year "conditional residency" on sponsored spouses, common-law partners and conjugal partners. If they don't stay in a bona fide relationship, they'll be removed by the Canada Border Services Agency, he said. Jilted spouses may be happy to see them get the heave-ho but victims of violent spouses could be in jeopardy, critics say.

karp2012

Feb 5, 2012
Hello Everybody,

I am new to the forum. I wanted to share my timeline and also have a few questions that i thought would share with everyone.

Application sent date : 30 Dec 2011
AOR date: 15 Feb 2012
Sponser Approved : 16 Feb 2012

I have a few questions

1) After I receive my PPR, within how many days do i have to submit my passport to the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi? Is there a time limit for that?

2) If I submit the passport 2 months after receiving my PPR, would it in anyway delay my process? To be precise will the VO in NewDelhi still process my file even if i do not send my passport or will they keep my file on hold till the passport is received?

Thanks,
Karp

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
G.Ysabelle said:
You mean to say you didn't declare your 20 yo daughter in your application? whether dependents are coming or not they must be declared I believe. In my case I declared both my two (2) boys age 9 and 11 on the application, even though they're in full custody with their father, I was not able to get their visa picture and medical, my ex-husband didn't allow me. But I provided both their original birth certificate, I also submitted an affidavit instead of an ordinary letter stating the reason why I failed to provide all of these with full understanding that I wont be able to sponsor them someday through Family Class but hoping they can be given other visa in the future such as tourist and student visa to be able to come to Canada.

Yes that is right I was thinking that she is at the right age to decide for herself. I understand that once i declare her I need to submit her medical records that I cannot provide. Suddenly the Immigration found that i have undeclared daughter they ask for birth certificate, cenomar, nbi and pictures. That is the reason why i send them a letter I gave her full address and contact number.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
tim maguire said:
G.Ysabelle, that must have been really hard to leave your children like that (even though you probably didn't see them much as it was, it still must have been hard). I hope you are happier in Canada.
hi tim, i did my best with several attempt to get in touch with my kids but my ex and ex-family in laws refused to cooperate and are unreasonably hostile against me. There's nothing I can do for now but to prioritize my new family (my 2 year old girl and my canadian husband), though I have a pending child custody battle going on. I terribly miss my two boys, the pain is unbearable, writing this message to you in my office behind my corporate desk with tears in my eyes...

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
CharlieD10 said:
A) Don't staple anything. If you must, use a binder clip or bulldog clip.

B) There is no specific way to do it, most people sort the forms according to the checklists and that works fine.
Hi Charlie

Is there a specific link or part of the website that mentions About not using metals/staples? Shucks! I didn't know this!

mzfar

Feb 17, 2012
@ charile

No but I had asked CIC agents and they advised to attach everything in loose leafs with no metal or staple attachments whatsoever. Not even in a binder or files... I personally just put everything in order and made a title page/index and made sure the index followed the order of the applications so that not even a fly can miss anything in a big envelope.

Got my approval 2 and half months ish..

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
Just a quick question.

has anyone applying outland but is already IN CANADA ever had to go to their home country for an interview?

I am super nervous about this, my boyfriend is here on a Work Permit and we are applying through Sydney, Australia, I can't even imagine what we we would do if they asked him to come to Sydney for an interview! we don't have a spare $2000 for a flight and he can't take time off work.

does anyone know how often the Sydney offices asks for interviews?

thanks, just starting to worry :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
figgy said:
Just a quick question.

has anyone applying outland but is already IN CANADA ever had to go to their home country for an interview?

I am super nervous about this, my boyfriend is here on a Work Permit and we are applying through Sydney, Australia, I can't even imagine what we we would do if they asked him to come to Sydney for an interview! we don't have a spare $2000 for a flight and he can't take time off work.

does anyone know how often the Sydney offices asks for interviews?

thanks, just starting to worry :)
Not heard of Sydney requesting an interview for Ozzie citizen so far. Been here more than a year and a half, so I think he's pretty safe.

hinal

Feb 18, 2012
Hi,

Can i know about relatives support in PR process to accumulate 5 points under federal skilled. My mother's real aunt's daughter(my aunt) is in canada on permement basis so can i accumulate the 5 points. Apart of that my mother's cousin(my mother's uncle's son) is also in canada on PR so would i get the 5 points.

Your soon reply will be appriciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
figgy said:
If you haven't applied yet, you realize that as he is on a work permit in Canada, he also has the option of applying outland through Buffalo. I can not tell you though what are the chances of getting called for an interview in either place.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinal said:
Can i know about relatives support in PR process to accumulate 5 points under federal skilled. My mother's real aunt's daughter(my aunt) is in canada on permement basis so can i accumulate the 5 points. Apart of that my mother's cousin(my mother's uncle's son) is also in canada on PR so would i get the 5 points.
I do not know why you are posting this under spousal sponsorship but the answer is no points for the above relatives.

You get points for the below relatives if they are yours or your spouses, not your mothers relatives:

parent - your (or your spouses) mother or father
grandparent - your (or your spouses) grandmother or grandfather
child - your (or your spouses) child
grandchild - your (or your spouses) grandchild
sibling - your (or your spouses) brother or sister
aunt or uncle - sister or brother of one of your (or your spouses) parents
niece or nephew - child of your (or your spouses) brother or sister

You can see this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
mzfar said:
@ charile

No but I had asked CIC agents and they advised to attach everything in loose leafs with no metal or staple attachments whatsoever. Not even in a binder or files... I personally just put everything in order and made a title page/index and made sure the index followed the order of the applications so that not even a fly can miss anything in a big envelope.

Got my approval 2 and half months ish..
Hi mzfar

Ok.. And you didn't number the pages or put an index page with numbers like that of a book? You basically just put everything in the order indicated on the index page?