+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Apr 21, 2024
Hi,
I got married in May and my husband is a Canadian citizen he has sponsored me.
we submitted our file in November and I got my medicals & biometrics done in January since then their are no updates.
What is the normal timeframe & should I apply for Visit visa please suggest

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
we submitted our file in November and I got my medicals & biometrics done in January since then their are no updates.
Normal timeframe is up to 12 months. Sure, apply for a visitor's visa.

danger52

Nov 15, 2023
Anyone else notice GCKEY login flow is broken? These fregging idiots can't build websites..

When you login either via password or sign on password, it redirects to ircc.canada.com rather than actually logging you in.. what the hell

Reactions: Funbox

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi,
The current processing time is 12 months, if you want you can apply for a visitor visa it's your choice!!!
Submitted mine in September still waiting too

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Anyone else notice GCKEY login flow is broken? These fregging idiots can't build websites..

When you login either via password or sign on password, it redirects to ircc.canada.com rather than actually logging you in.. what the hell
Yes. I just tried to log in and it didn't work. After logging in it sends me back to the home page.

I wasn't sure if the problem was just here, but it sounds like I'm not the only one getting this issue.

Reactions: UDON55fai

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Yes. I just tried to log in and it didn't work. After logging in it sends me back to the home page.

I wasn't sure if the problem was just here, but it sounds like I'm not the only one getting this issue.
This federal department truly boggles the mind. I doubt many would last very long in the private sector with tight deadlines and so on. Back in the fall of 2022 they send me an email that I needed to upload some additional info. on their website; of course there was no actual link there to accomplish this task and I ended up using webform instead.

Apr 22, 2024
Hello,
I recently applied to PR family class outside Canada, and my wife (canadian citizen), whom is the sponsor, received the first email stating the next:
-------------------------------------
UCI: xxxxxxxxx
Application No.: xxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (sponsor name),

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2024/03/18 on behalf of the following member(s):

(Applicant Name)
-------------------------------------
I understand that this is the AOR email, wich is great but I do not understand it fully.

My question is: The UCI number shown here, is the sponsor UCI??? or is my (applicant) UCI?? because i already have an UCI number from a previous process...

And the application Nº: is the application number for her "ok" to become sponsor? or is the application number for the whole PR????

might be clear for some people, but to me... it trully is not! i would love some help on this

much apreciatte everyone!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understand that this is the AOR email, wich is great but I do not understand it fully.

My question is: The UCI number shown here, is the sponsor UCI??? or is my (applicant) UCI?? because i already have an UCI number from a previous process...

And the application Nº: is the application number for her "ok" to become sponsor? or is the application number for the whole PR????
-UCI number in that letter is for the sponsor. Yours should remain unchanged.

-It's the application number for the whole shootin' match.

Reactions: Paquito Chocolatero

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
URGENT I submitted my application yesterday. Just Realized if below is my mistake or Not. IMM 5533 Document Checklist for Sponsoring Spouse.
I am Permanent Resident Living In Canada. I answered N/A to following question. My file is going to return?

Q2. Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada? No or Yes
- I wrote N/A as I am not Canadian Citizen but Permanent resident living in Canada. Did I had to still select no?

However, in IMM 1344 under sponsor eligibility requirement, I answered NO for the same question and Yes for (Do you reside in Canada?)
Please guide what should I do? Will my file gonna be return for this mistake?
Should I submit my file again? and revoke the one I just summited yesterday?

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Thanks for help in advance.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
URGENT I submitted my application yesterday. Just Realized if below is my mistake or Not. IMM 5533 Document Checklist for Sponsoring Spouse.
I am Permanent Resident Living In Canada. I answered N/A to following question. My file is going to return?

Q2. Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada? No or Yes
- I wrote N/A as I am not Canadian Citizen but Permanent resident living in Canada. Did I had to still select no?

However, in IMM 1344 under sponsor eligibility requirement, I answered NO for the same question and Yes for (Do you reside in Canada?)
Please guide what should I do? Will my file gonna be return for this mistake?
Should I submit my file again? and revoke the one I just summited yesterday?

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Thanks for help in advance.
Not sure why you would have answered N/A when it was clear that: (a) you are not a Canadian citizen; and (b) you are not living outside Canada. No doubt the IRCC will see the answer N/A as wrong there's a good chance, I would think, they they will return your application. I suppose they could also ask for clarification (less likely, I would expect). Maybe send a webform explaining and attaching a properly completed IMM 5533, or at least the page on which that question appears.

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
Not sure why you would have answered N/A when it was clear that: (a) you are not a Canadian citizen; and (b) you are not living outside Canada. No doubt the IRCC will see the answer N/A as wrong there's a good chance, I would think, they they will return your application. I suppose they could also ask for clarification (less likely, I would expect). Maybe send a webform explaining and attaching a properly completed IMM 5533, or at least the page on which that question appears.
I thought they asked for Citizens in specific. If it would be for any sponsor, the question should have been “Are you sponsor living outside Canada?”

anyways I did sent the webform with new Checklist let’s hope for the best.
Do you happen to know, how many days do they take to return file if incomplete?

thanks

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I thought they asked for Citizens in specific. If it would be for any sponsor, the question should have been “Are you sponsor living outside Canada?”

anyways I did sent the webform with new Checklist let’s hope for the best.
Do you happen to know, how many days do they take to return file if incomplete?

thanks
Let's say that to me, as someone who grew up in Canada, the question is quite clear. I am not sure that the question word be better worded by asking
“Are you sponsor living outside Canada?” Of no moment now, in any event.

If the file gets returned as incomplete that will occur at the AOR stage. That's when someone actually looks at the file and decides if it's complete. By sending correcting webform right away, that might save it from being bounced at AOR stage. You are not likely to hear anything until then.

Sweety06

Mar 24, 2024
Hi there,
I have question, I have got request to pay for right of permanent residence fees before any medical or biometric request. All though I have done my biometric and medical last year with my other file. ( I have heard from my friend that they are now asking for biometric again) Also they had asked for biometric fees but did not get any letter for biometric yet.
Have paid fees for biometric on 19 march and paid fees for RPRF on 11 march. Is anyone having similar experience?

Deivid

Apr 26, 2024
Hey all,
My husband is Canadian citizen and we have applied for inland spouse sponsorship in January. So far I've received the pre arrival letter, have given my biometrics and the medical exams. We would like to take a quick trip to my home country (Brazil) and stay there for around two weeks. Would that be a problem that would cause my re entry to be denied on our way back? My current status is based on visitors visa which will be up in less than 15 days until I'm in implied status in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey all,
My husband is Canadian citizen and we have applied for inland spouse sponsorship in January. So far I've received the pre arrival letter, have given my biometrics and the medical exams. We would like to take a quick trip to my home country (Brazil) and stay there for around two weeks. Would that be a problem that would cause my re entry to be denied on our way back? My current status is based on visitors visa which will be up in less than 15 days until I'm in implied status in Canada.
When does your visitor visa (date in the visa in the passport as valid to) expire?