+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kabir2024

Jan 19, 2024
Hello Everyone
I am going to apply spousal PR application(Outland).I have few questions regarding SOCIAL MEDIA chat details. Can i provide whole chat or jus 10 pages?? Accoring to checklist it says maximum 10 pages. I am confused about this. plz share your experiences.

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
Hello Everyone
I am Spousal PR outland applicant. On tracking I can see everything completed yesterday. On my GC portal it says : Final decision - January 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. I have not received my passport request yet . What is the meaning of above message in GC portal ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Home_13579

AF31

Aug 2, 2023
Can anyone let me know how long does it take for the counterfoil or ppr after you have completed the medical exam as it shows as 'COMPLETED' in the GCKEY?
what is the approx timeline for that?

hanzi4389604

Nov 27, 2023
Hello friends,

My wife just got the pre-arrival letter, do we need to do anything from ourside? My wife is in Canada now, and we applied in-canada class.
Applied in Oct 16th 2023, AOR Nov 27th, Bio 18th Dec 2023.
Thank you in advance, and hope everyone will be approved soon!

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I have a question.

My spouse previously had PR. But he is unable to keep PR status because of his family situation back home , (elderly parents that needed care). He wanted to apply for visa to come to Canada as a visitor. IRCC said "you must formally renounce your PR in order to apply for PR", so he signed a document to renounce his PR. Now his parents has passed away, he wanted to apply for PR as my spouse (I am PR). Question: because he renounced PR before, would that affect his PR application negatively? Thank you!
In 1997 I originally got my PR in Canada. I reapplied for PR in 2005. The Canadian embassy contacted me and I renounced my PR status in 2006, so they could continue my new application for PR, as I never meet my residence obligations. I became a PR again about 3 months later.

Last edited:

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hello friends,

My wife just got the pre-arrival letter, do we need to do anything from ourside? My wife is in Canada now, and we applied in-canada class.
Applied in Oct 16th 2023, AOR Nov 27th, Bio 18th Dec 2023.
Thank you in advance, and hope everyone will be approved soon!
Have you gotten medical request letter yet? For inland, you dont have to do anything for pre arrival letter. Its just an automated letter that is sent out. However, I have seen eligibility being completed and as a result, the pre arrival letter is sent out.

Reactions: hanzi4389604
Apr 13, 2022
Hi everyone I am applying for spousal PR for my wife who is in INDIA, we got married recently and I am in the process of applying. When I am filling out the IMM5532E there is a section that states the functions that happened during our wedding. Unfortunately, her parents did not agree to the marriage and were not present during the whole set of ceremonies which happened according to my side of the family. But after the functions, as the days progressed they eventually agreed and then they arranged for a formal reception from their side for which I have evidential proofs. Could anyone please suggest how can i put this in front of the case officer so that we do not face any red flages

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hi everyone I am applying for spousal PR for my wife who is in INDIA, we got married recently and I am in the process of applying. When I am filling out the IMM5532E there is a section that states the functions that happened during our wedding. Unfortunately, her parents did not agree to the marriage and were not present during the whole set of ceremonies which happened according to my side of the family. But after the functions, as the days progressed they eventually agreed and then they arranged for a formal reception from their side for which I have evidential proofs. Could anyone please suggest how can i put this in front of the case officer so that we do not face any red flages
Perhaps just write a letter of explanation for context if you feel like this needs to be conveyed to the visa officer.

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Guys,
I got an update. I am sharing my spousal sponsorship timeline
Applied on 28-07-2023

AOR- Sept 28, 2023

Medical +biometrics+ eligibility completed on Nov 28, 2023

Background completed on Jan 22, 2024

PR tracker- COPR available Jan 22, 2024

VO was Sydney, Nova scotia
All the best. Thank you

Last edited:

EN10

Jan 10, 2024
Hi Guys,
I got an update. I am sharing my spousal sponsorship timeline
Applied on 28-07-2023

AOR- Sept 28, 2023

Medical +biometrics+ eligibility completed on Nov 28, 2023

Background completed on Jan 22, 2024

PR tracker- COPR available Jan 22, 2024

VO was Sydney, Nova scotia
All the best. Thank you
Congratulations!! My VO is Sydney, NS too and hopefully soon we will get an update too.

07miner

Jan 22, 2024
Hi there,
Applied for my wife's PR in late Sep 2023. So far we have received, AOR, Sponsor eligibility completion, Request for biometrics. This all happened around end of Nov 2023. Since then we haven't heard anything.
From what I have read in this thread, people are receiving request for biometrics and medical around the same time.
Is it normal to not receive a request for medical along with the biometrics?

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi there,
Applied for my wife's PR in late Sep 2023. So far we have received, AOR, Sponsor eligibility completion, Request for biometrics. This all happened around end of Nov 2023. Since then we haven't heard anything.
From what I have read in this thread, people are receiving request for biometrics and medical around the same time.
Is it normal to not receive a request for medical along with the biometrics?
Hello,
Don't worry you are not alone in the situation.
We also applied for my husband in September we got the AOR, sponsor eligibility approval and Biometrics request in November. After that no update till now. Still waiting for the medical request.... I think it's a new normal thing to get them in a different timeline. What is your VO? Our is Dar es salaam - Tanzania

07miner

Jan 22, 2024
Hello,
Don't worry you are not alone in the situation.
We also applied for my husband in September we got the AOR, sponsor eligibility approval and Biometrics request in November. After that no update till now. Still waiting for the medical request.... I think it's a new normal thing to get them in a different timeline. What is your VO? Our is Dar es salaam - Tanzania
Let's see how it goes. Our vis office is "Sydney, Canada"