+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Prettyheart05

Oct 19, 2023
Hi
Can u suggest me that i have to wait for restoration result and then apply for spouse sponsorship program or can i apply both the application simultaneously.

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi experts

i am the sponsor and my spouse got copr And ready to travel.

the question is that, I am outside Canada and will continue to stay for sometime . While am outside can my spouse principal applicant can travel to Canada without my presence in Canada?
Kindly advise

thanks

Luv4all88

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Hello guys I hope someone can help me with this. I am in the process of gathering all the documents and proofs together to sponsor my wife. I just came across her birth certificate issued in Pakistan like 11-12 years ago, problem is her family kept it folded, so it has eroded some of the numbers. Because the birth certificate is in Urdu and English, her mother's ID Identity number is mentioned in two places. In Urdu language field, 1 number is unreadable and in English language place another different number is eroded but you can cross check to confirm her mother's ID number is the same. I am not sure if based on this alone we need a new copy.
Another issue I noticed is her name was spelt wrong in her birth certificate compared to all the others documents(passport, id card, marriage certificate). In the birth certificate there is a Y where should have been i. The pronunciation would be the same. Her parents were divorced, so her uncle was the applicant, so she does not know how this spelling mistake happened.

So my question is given these two issues, is it better to submit this birth certificate with a letter of explanation or get a new copy with the spelling error fixed that will also fix the first issue?
Please reply, the only reason I am hesitant for new birth certificate is because I don't want the immigration to scrutinize why I submitted a RECENTLY issued birth certificate and not from years ago?
If it does not matter to them when the birth certificate is issued, then I would rather submit new. Please give me your opinion.

Zubby97

Oct 26, 2023
Please, I’m inside Canada on TRV… I just got my PPR but can’t wait for virtual landing because my 6 months will soon be over. Is it okay to send my passport to the US for stamping? Does anyone know the process?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Hello guys I hope someone can help me with this. I am in the process of gathering all the documents and proofs together to sponsor my wife. I just came across her birth certificate issued in Pakistan like 11-12 years ago, problem is her family kept it folded, so it has eroded some of the numbers. Because the birth certificate is in Urdu and English, her mother's ID Identity number is mentioned in two places. In Urdu language field, 1 number is unreadable and in English language place another different number is eroded but you can cross check to confirm her mother's ID number is the same. I am not sure if based on this alone we need a new copy.
Another issue I noticed is her name was spelt wrong in her birth certificate compared to all the others documents(passport, id card, marriage certificate). In the birth certificate there is a Y where should have been i. The pronunciation would be the same. Her parents were divorced, so her uncle was the applicant, so she does not know how this spelling mistake happened.

So my question is given these two issues, is it better to submit this birth certificate with a letter of explanation or get a new copy with the spelling error fixed that will also fix the first issue?
Please reply, the only reason I am hesitant for new birth certificate is because I don't want the immigration to scrutinize why I submitted a RECENTLY issued birth certificate and not from years ago?
If it does not matter to them when the birth certificate is issued, then I would rather submit new. Please give me your opinion.
In my opinion, it is safer to request and submit a new copy of the birth certificate that is readable, especially because it's a fairly easy thing to request one in most countries. I see no reason why IRCC would complain about the certificate being recently issued. But if you submit an old and unreadable certificate, there is a chance they might still ask for a new copy and that will cause a delay in your application. Having a recently issue certificate is a completely common thing to happen (at least for me) because people lose or damage their old certificate and need to request a new one for a variety of reasons.

Note: I'm not an expert, that's just my opinion.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Please, I’m inside Canada on TRV… I just got my PPR but can’t wait for virtual landing because my 6 months will soon be over. Is it okay to send my passport to the US for stamping? Does anyone know the process?
Interesting question as getting eCORP and waiting for virtual landing is kind of a technicality. I couldn't find anything on how authorities will treat this case.
Maybe it's easier to just apply for status extension? You will be on implied status until you either get the extension or PR.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
hey folks,

I am the Sponsor for my wife's outland application. She is in India.
I had submitted the application on 10th August 2023 and it has been 77 days as of today and we did not receive an AOR. Is it advisable to submit Temporary Resident Visa for the wife even before we get the AOR? At this point, I am not sure how long the wait would be for getting the AOR.

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
Hi all!
I applied for Outland spousal sponsorship on 3rd august this year. Seeing Facebook and WhatsApp groups almost everyone that submitted around that time already received AOR. Today marks 80 days since I submitted and I haven’t got any type of response so far. Should I be worried? Is there a maximum days till AOR?
Hello Rachel, Did you get any updates? We are in the same boat :-(
Our submission date was 10th August 2023.

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
Hey guys I just received PPR today but I am in Canada already on a TRV, I arrived a month ago...anyway my visa office on my application is London VO, do i submit a webform to them? to get a virtual landing? how long does waiting for virtual landing typically take?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys I just received PPR today but I am in Canada already on a TRV, I arrived a month ago...anyway my visa office on my application is London VO, do i submit a webform to them? to get a virtual landing? how long does waiting for virtual landing typically take?
Assuming you want to stay in Canada without departing, yes, webform. Although read the letter - there should be instrucitons about what to do if in Canada. (I.e. - do that.)

Yes, virtual landing. Dont' know how long.

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey guys,
1.Do you recommend applying for Outland sponsorship and then apply for trv?
Or
applying trv and bring her to Canada and then apply for inland sponsorship?

also if applying for trv do I need to show bank statements? For inland or Outland?

and what’s the average time people these days get the Outland PR processed?