+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone, how long does it take to receive AOR after submitting the application online?

- for outland.
- for inland.

How do I know I get AOR? Is it posted on "Permanent Residence Portal", or an email notification?
It’s looking like Outland is taking about 8-10weeks and inland about 6 weeks even some are less. This is just average I’m seeing. AOR you’ll receive by email

Reactions: Home_13579

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi I have a few questions for the online application. My spouse is in India and I'm in Canada. We're almost ready to apply.

1. How do we upload the photo? Like scan it front and back?
2. What is the National Identity document for India? Passport or Aadhar?
3. How many supporting letters are needed from friends and family?

Thanks in advance.

Kknewb

May 30, 2022
If an inland applicant, PA needs to leave the country while the application is being processed. What are the chances of them having issues when they need to return to Canada? They need to leave for at least a month will that be a problem? They have q valid visitor visa?

NP2222

Mar 20, 2023
Could you please suggest the best immigration lawyer for this kind of cases?
i can suggest you one immigration lawyer in Brampton, Toronto. you can see his reviews and his service as well.. he is best to solve complicated cases. i can give you contact of him. i am just here to help you coz i strongly believe in true love than religion.. and i had felt this type of situation so i want to help you.
how can i contact you to tell about him?

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone, I received a procedural fairness letter yesterday for my wife's application, and the officer's comments didn't make sense. They mentioned that the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (which I am not, as we have submitted ample proof that I am a PR and residing in Canada), and they expressed doubts that myself (the sponsor) and the applicant (my wife) will move to Canada once she gets her PR. I'm not sure if this is due to incompetence from IRCC or something else, but they have asked us to submit the following:
  • Full copies of your passport/travel documents
  • Full copies of your Sponsor's passport/travel documents
  • Updated Travel information form for both you and your sponsor, covering all travel from January 2019 to present. Please include full dates, not only the month and year
  • Copy of current UAE residency permits, and residency permits for any other jurisdiction
  • Any other document you wish to submit
I have already prepared all the necessary files, but I don't see how these requested documents are relevant to the officer's concerns. Has anyone dealt with this situation before, and how can I make sure that the officer clearly understands that the sponsor is a PR and not a citizen?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I received a procedural fairness letter yesterday for my wife's application, and the officer's comments didn't make sense. They mentioned that the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (which I am not, as we have submitted ample proof that I am a PR and residing in Canada), and they expressed doubts that myself (the sponsor) and the applicant (my wife) will move to Canada once she gets her PR. I'm not sure if this is due to incompetence from IRCC or something else, but they have asked us to submit the following:
  • Full copies of your passport/travel documents
  • Full copies of your Sponsor's passport/travel documents
  • Updated Travel information form for both you and your sponsor, covering all travel from January 2019 to present. Please include full dates, not only the month and year
  • Copy of current UAE residency permits, and residency permits for any other jurisdiction
  • Any other document you wish to submit
I have already prepared all the necessary files, but I don't see how these requested documents are relevant to the officer's concerns. Has anyone dealt with this situation before, and how can I make sure that the officer clearly understands that the sponsor is a PR and not a citizen?
How long have you been continuously residing in Canada, were you in Canada when you submitted the application? From what you have quoted from IRCC it sounds like they think you are a CDN citizen, are not living in Canada and are questioning your intent to move to Canada if PR is granted.

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
yeah that's exactly what they are thinking which is so weird to be honest given the amount of proof we have submitted. I was residing in Canada before submitting the application and they have actually asked for proof of residency back in December which I have provided. Not sure if they have the papers confused or what exactly, but i am writing a letter to explain everything as clearly as possible

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
yeah that's exactly what they are thinking which is so weird to be honest given the amount of proof we have submitted. I was residing in Canada before submitting the application and they have actually asked for proof of residency back in December which I have provided. Not sure if they have the papers confused or what exactly, but i am writing a letter to explain everything as clearly as possible
I can only suggest providing them with the docs they are requesting along with the LOE you are writing and any other info you might think of that you didn't previously submit as proof you have been living in Canada since the app was submitted. Hard to believe that they can't figure out you are a PR not a citizen.

Maybe somebody else will have other suggestions.

Reactions: GL2019

patelkrish

Oct 30, 2017
Can I submit my application without PCC? I can attach the receipt that I applied for PCC as well as explanation. After I receive PCC, I will upload using web form. Is it possible?

cpnraj

Mar 4, 2023
Hello, I recently came to Canada and my 180-day stay will be completed next week. During my stay, I got married to a Canadian citizen and I am currently waiting for my PCC to apply for PR. As a plan to settle, I am thinking of taking a road trip and exiting to the US, as I also have a US visitor visa, and then re-entering Canada. However, I am concerned about being refused entry by IRCC upon my return. I have a 10-year visitor visa for Canada. Can you provide your thoughts on my situation?