+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mangothecat

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Hi. I received AIP twice. One on Feb 2 and one on Feb 23. Has anyone experienced this? is this normal?
Btw, I see some people received DM - Portal Email in 1-2 days after AIP. How common does this happen?
Thanks in advance!!!

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Yes my spouse has a visit visa.
So I can apply for his PR immediately post marriage and only once I get an AOR do we plan to get him here to apply for OWP inland right? Whats the avg timeline for AOR these days? I heard PR is 8 to 12 mnths in general. Is that including AOR wait or post that?

Trying to figure out if there is a benefit to apply for OWP. Will it be faster than PR or it ends up being the sametime and we just be patient?

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Open work permit is only available with the inland process. If you apply outland, no OWP.

No, you cannot apply for the OWP first. You must submit the inland sponsorship application first and then wait for AOR. In order to sponsor your spouse inland, both if you must be physically in Canada.

Again, outland + open work permit is not possibe.

Yes, he needs to provide the child's medicals.

So I can apply for his PR immediately post marriage and only once I get an AOR do we plan to get him here to apply for OWP inland right? Whats the avg timeline for AOR these days? I heard PR is 8 to 12 mnths in general. Is that including AOR wait or post that?

Trying to figure out if there is a benefit to apply for OWP. Will it be faster than PR or it ends up being the sametime and we just be patient?

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Thank you. Besi
If you apply outland, you cannot apply for the OWP.

Does your spouse have a visa already?

Yes, child would need to be included - as unaccompnaying if will not move to Canada - and will need to provide medical.

Thank you. Is medical needed at time of PR application only or post AOR? Anything else needed like a no objection certificate or LOE to explain the kid is not im his custody and will not be applying for visa..or medical is all they ask?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I can apply for his PR immediately post marriage and only once I get an AOR do we plan to get him here to apply for OWP inland right?

If you wish to apply inland, he must be ... inland. If sponsor is a PR, the sponsor must apply from within Canada as well.

No-one can say how long process will be, it is true that for some the PR comes quicker than OWP (or oWP never comes).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. Is medical needed at time of PR application only or post AOR? Anything else needed like a no objection certificate or LOE to explain the kid is not im his custody and will not be applying for visa..or medical is all they ask?
IRCC will send medical request (post AOR). There is no non-objection or anything like that needed for the child. It may be useful to include LOE that just states child is in custody of other parent and will not be accompanying. They will likely only ask for medical for child.

jim98

Feb 25, 2023
Hi all, I saw quite a few comments about issues linking their account / registering with the tracker.

I also had this issue and it was solved by combining my first and middle name in the 'first name' box. For example if your name is Jeremy Xing Fu Smith. Usually the first name is Jeremy, however you could try first name as Jeremy Xing Fu.

Cannot promise it will work, but just sharing my personal experience.

Reactions: vishakha

rakeshinfy2014

Mar 4, 2022
Hello all,Need advice on how to label our marriage photographs..can we put all photos in a ms word and write brief on each page below pics..Please advice

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello all,Need advice on how to label our marriage photographs..can we put all photos in a ms word and write brief on each page below pics..Please advice
I did the same for our spousal sponsorship application filed in August 2022, received the PPR no problems, But verify the instructions in the latest IMM 5533 and act accordingly.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
I did the same for our spousal sponsorship application filed in August 2022, received the PPR no problems, But verify the instructions in the latest IMM 5533 and act accordingly.
I rechecked the instructions regarding the marriage photos in the latest IMM 5533(09-22). The IRCC has made it mandatory to upload the marriage photos in
JPEG,JPG or PDF Format and a seperate document providing the context of each photos uploaded and label the photos accordingly

rakeshinfy2014

Mar 4, 2022
I rechecked the instructions regarding the marriage photos in the latest IMM 5533(09-22). The IRCC has made it mandatory to upload the marriage photos in
JPEG,JPG or PDF Format and a seperate document providing the context of each photos uploaded and label the photos accordingly
Thanks for the prompt reply.can you or anyone else in this forum advise if I need to merge my spouse and dependent child passport and birth certificates together and upload or do i need to upload their docs separately.As I see in latest PR portal only one upload section for Travel and birth certificates

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for the prompt reply.can you or anyone else in this forum advise if I need to merge my spouse and dependent child passport and birth certificates together and upload or do i need to upload their docs separately.As I see in latest PR portal only one upload section for Travel and birth certificates
You can merge them but be sure to upload a LOE(letter of explanation) stating your reasons for uploading the merged documents.

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello
Please anyone with a respond should pls respond my questions is if Ircc ask you for medical request when you have done the medical,the result will be sent to Ircc by the clinic do I need to send Ircc a copy of the medical proof that I have done the medical

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello
Please anyone with a respond should pls respond my questions is if Ircc ask you for medical request when you have done the medical,the result will be sent to Ircc by the clinic do I need to send Ircc a copy of the medical proof that I have done the medical
You should ask this question to the panel physician where you did your medical examination.
Most send it directly to IRCC while some ask the examinee to upload.

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
You should ask this question to the panel physician where you did your medical examination.
Most send it directly to IRCC while some ask the examinee to upload.
The physician said they will send it directly but my question is that do I need to send Ircc a proof that I have done it