+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I have a question on IMM5533:

'Information about Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

Yes ( ) No ( ) '

My situation: I applied for PR while being married but spouse as un-accompanying. So my spouse did medical PCC etc. but did not receive COPR.
With that, I am assuming I should check option 'Yes'.

Can someone suggest if I am thinking right?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa

My situation: I applied for PR while being married but spouse as un-accompanying. So my spouse did medical PCC etc. but did not receive COPR.

Can someone suggest if I am thinking right?
If by 'right' you mean reading and understanding words and their meanings, yes.

If by 'right' you mean doubting things that are completely obvious, also yes.

Reactions: Deepti91

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hi All,

My spouse holds a valid TRV and has submitted biometrics and paid for it back in 2017. We don't have a receipt for it though.
I am applying for outland spousal sponsorship for him now. Can anyone tell me if we should pay biometric fees again while submitting his spousal sponsorship application? or the biometrics we submitted back in 2017 will be good enough, so no need to submit fees for it now?
Please guide.
Biometrics are good for 10 years. So no need to pay. When they pull up your spouses information it will be there. If you have the Biometrics number you can include that or just mention that in a letter maybe.

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
Hello friends I have one question. I m application 2019 .. I won My appeal 2021..and I did my remedical in jun 2022 and ppc request warsaw vo.which I send it through webfom form.. so yesterday I got email from warsaw visa office. In email they mentioned you haven't paid the RPRF fee .. you paid this fee as soon as possible.. so I paid yesterday and I send the receipt to visa office.. so how long it takes to get PPr??

anguswu213

Sep 1, 2022
HI all

Questions about use of online account.

1. Should I (the sponsor) use same CIC account for paying the application fees online, and for linking our application online to check the status?
2. If so, is it better to use my wife's account as she is the applicant?

Thanks. Cheers ;)

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
Hello All, I applied for Spouse PR under Family Class.
I am Canadian Citizen and She is Outside of Canada. Applied through paper application.
Application reached to the office on August 5th 2022 (As Shown in Canada post tracking system).
How long does it take normally to get AOR?

thanks in advance

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Hi All,

We have submitted inland spousal sponsorship application in last week of August. We submitted the application online. While submitting the application online we will be eligible to apply for open work permit only after we receive AOR right? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello All, I applied for Spouse PR under Family Class.
I am Canadian Citizen and She is Outside of Canada. Applied through paper application.
Application reached to the office on August 5th 2022 (As Shown in Canada post tracking system).
How long does it take normally to get AOR?

thanks in advance
You can read and follow this discussion:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2022-spousal-sponsorship-inland-outland-paper-online.774350/

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
according to new tracker my application was updated on 11 march 2022... and still stuck in background check ...everything else is done.. and there is no ghost updates after march.. is my file left alone somewhere or what would be the reason??? Or i have to wait untill someone will pick up my file to start processing.....?? Should i seek for MP help? What should i do i am confused....

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
according to new tracker my application was updated on 11 march 2022... and still stuck in background check ...everything else is done.. and there is no ghost updates after march.. is my file left alone somewhere or what would be the reason??? Or i have to wait untill someone will pick up my file to start processing.....?? Should i seek for MP help? What should i do i am confused....
Contact your MP