+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

samroro

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi there,

We are a married couple, Sponsor is a canadian citizen, and PA is Indian. We both currently live in India. Her Spousal PR is in the last stage "background check" and she was just approved for a multiple entry TRV till the end of her passport. We both are going to Canada, and we both have return tickets booked (need to come back for a family occasion). The sponsor will be changing his status to Resident Canadian during this trip. How will this effect the spousal PR application, and how should we update CIC about this change.

Thanks

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Are you sure. But she got positive DM to sponsor her husband who is outside canada.cic asked her to submit husband application in london visa office. She is protected person and got DM and on the way for Pr landing interview.
Did she declare her husband during her PR process? Did she submit information about him in her application as a protected person? Maybe they processed him as a spouse in her application.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi there,

We are a married couple, Sponsor is a canadian citizen, and PA is Indian. We both currently live in India. Her Spousal PR is in the last stage "background check" and she was just approved for a multiple entry TRV till the end of her passport. We both are going to Canada, and we both have return tickets booked (need to come back for a family occasion). The sponsor will be changing his status to Resident Canadian during this trip. How will this effect the spousal PR application, and how should we update CIC about this change.

Thanks
Background check may not be the "last stage" and it may be the longest. So you're not necessarily finished yet.

If the sponsor will remain in Canada after the upcoming family business return to India, I'm not sure what you'll need to tell CIC. Remember in outland cases with citizens living outland you need to provide proof of plans to return to Canada. Maybe this is what you can do, but I have no idea how you change your status to "resident Canadian." I'm a citizen and never have heard of such a status except perhaps with CRA.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Guys Please advice

I am perminantresident of Canada and I am trying to apply PR for my wife. Before marriage I applied visitor visa for her and later I got married her. at that time I gave the invitation to her as cousin (cross cousin) for visitor visa and claimed as finacial supporter for travel. But the visitor visa was rejected saying that not given proper reason to coming to canada. Now I decided to apply PR for her as a sponcer, will that VISA rejection effect on her PR application. I really appriciate your valuble suggestions.
Is she actually your cousin or did you lie?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi @Leon and others,

I have a friend who will be landing as a PR in March 2019 and once he gets a survival job, he wants to initiate sponsorship for his wife, so after getting his 1st pay slip, can he initiate sponsorship with his pay stub, a letter from his employer and proof of funds, i.e. a fixed deposit in India of amount equivalent to 14k-15k CAD, provided all other docs are ready, kindly guide..
Did he declare his wife in his PR application?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi there,

Thanks
Only problem if an interview is called she will have to come back. So it is better to inform then thru web, even if they are the ones who gave TRV, that you guys are living in Canada and do a change of address and all updates thru web. I understand she is just about to get PR. Keep an eye on your e-mails. During visit she may get PPR too. May like to phone them here and take expert advice. Good Luck to you both.

Reactions: samroro

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone
Im about to mail out my application i just need some little help if someone can please help me i put my applicants papers in one file and sponsors papers in one file and proof of marriage in one file do i put the checklist as the first page in the sponsor file and than the barcode?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone
Im about to mail out my application i just need some little help if someone can please help me i put my applicants papers in one file and sponsors papers in one file and proof of marriage in one file do i put the checklist as the first page in the sponsor file and than the barcode?
Please this link which is very helpful for you, how a member organized her documents attached, grouped and sent ..All in FULL DETAILs :-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada.390498/

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
where to put my document checklist
Oh sorry, I was careless :( it says in the check list itself. We put on the very TOP, then everything below it. Doc check list is the 1 they wanna see 1st and they go from there. Any other doubt may ask here again..Regards!

Reactions: Alda

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my common law partner. Do you know if the sponsored person can use an expired police certificate from the country of birth (never been in that country after the police certificate was issued). I remember before that expired police certificates were OK, but now I cannot find that information at all on the IRCC website. Thanks!

megarina

Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone!
My American fiance and I have been looking at ways to get him up to Canada for our wedding. The issue is that we need him to be able to work after we get married and start living together. The solution we've tentatively come up with is to get married at a courthouse and then do our permanent residency application while he still lives in the states and I still live in Canada and then have our wedding (just a ceremony and reception minus the signing of papers etc since we'd have already done that) once his permanent residency has been approved, that way after our actual wedding we can live together as a married couple without such a fuss.
I'd love to hear what other people have to say about this and if it would actually work or if our relationship will be seen as ingenuine because we didn't have a 'real' wedding. just went to the courthouse and signed the papers.

Chady afara

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Oh sorry, I was careless :( it says in the check list itself. We put on the very TOP, then everything below it. Doc check list is the 1 they wanna see 1st and they go from there. Any other doubt may ask here again..Regards!
Ok thank you but do i put it in sponsor files or applicants files