Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
Hello there,
I have already applied my papers to sponsor my husband (residing in Kuwait) back in October. Last week i have received email that i have been approved as a sponsor and to send in Schedule A and Medical Exam results. while my Husband was doing the Med. Exam they asked for his passport and it seemed in the e-medical system at the Doctor's office that the passport information was slightly different from the one he handed them since they had the old passport information and he handed the new one expiring in 2023, they took copy of the new passport and updated the information of the passport number in the e-medical system and it was all good.

However, i am worried now because i checked the copy i have of my sent applications and in there i found out that i typed the old passport number of his previous passport mistakenly while i put the right expiry date of the new passport. also, note that i have enclosed with the applications all his old and new passport copies along with the one expiring in 2023 which he has made the medical with. would the Visa office realize that i typed the Passp. number mistakenly and realize it was a small mistake from our side and could be corrected, or would that make them return our papers and refuse the application? or maybe delay the process? i don't know! it had me worried since i knew and i wanted an assurance that this may be understood and corrected easily, can someone please advise?

Also, is there a way i can contact them and send in the correct passport number or i will need to wait and see?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hello there,
I have already applied my papers to sponsor my husband (residing in Kuwait) back in October. Last week i have received email that i have been approved as a sponsor and to send in Schedule A and Medical Exam results. while my Husband was doing the Med. Exam they asked for his passport and it seemed in the e-medical system at the Doctor's office that the passport information was slightly different from the one he handed them since they had the old passport information and he handed the new one expiring in 2023, they took copy of the new passport and updated the information of the passport number in the e-medical system and it was all good.

However, i am worried now because i checked the copy i have of my sent applications and in there i found out that i typed the old passport number of his previous passport mistakenly while i put the right expiry date of the new passport. also, note that i have enclosed with the applications all his old and new passport copies along with the one expiring in 2023 which he has made the medical with. would the Visa office realize that i typed the Passp. number mistakenly and realize it was a small mistake from our side and could be corrected, or would that make them return our papers and refuse the application? or maybe delay the process? i don't know! it had me worried since i knew and i wanted an assurance that this may be understood and corrected easily, can someone please advise?

Also, is there a way i can contact them and send in the correct passport number or i will need to wait and see?
Every visa office has their own email address, look it up on the CIC website or google it and send them an email to that address.

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
Every visa office has their own email address, look it up on the CIC website or google it and send them an email to that address.
I do not have a visa office yet, i thought when the medical and schedule A are uploaded to my account then they will assign a visa office to review the papers. So far we only finished the medical and waiting to upload schedule A.
So you are talking about the visa office where my papers are now or the one that will still have my papers sent to?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
I do not have a visa office yet, i thought when the medical and schedule A are uploaded to my account then they will assign a visa office to review the papers. So far we only finished the medical and waiting to upload schedule A.
So you are talking about the visa office where my papers are now or the one that will still have my papers sent to?
I would email the visa office where your files will be sent to.

Kelly white

Apr 17, 2017
Oh thank u so much
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

Miki85

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
CSQ on 12-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Med's Request
11-03-2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
16-03-2015, medical received 24-3-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-04-2015
Hello everyone,
I have a question, I am sponsoring my spouse and my son 6 month year old, do I have to fill the
IMM 1344 for my wife and my son or for my spouse only ??
Thanks for your help

D-Mac

Mar 4, 2013
I would really appreciate if someone could help address some of my queries, regarding various forms:

1/ In Question 10 of IMM0008 – Generic application form for Canada: Current Country of residence and dates, do I put the dates of my most recent residence and status?

I am currently on a Post-Graduate Work Permit, and that has been active since February 2016. However, I have had previous status in Canada before, as a student and as a temporary work, which goes back to June 2012. So, would it be the current status and permit I put in OR my longer residence, which is not continuous/unbroken?

2/ In IMM5406 – Additional Family Information:

Am I right in saying that I include the spouse details in the spouse / common-law section? This person is also the sponsor for the overall permanent residency application.

Also, my father is deceased. Do I mention this in the address section and type in the last address he lived at?

3/ In IMM5532 – Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation:

For Question 9, we have not had any ceremonies or events. So, for all the sub-questions regarding “any of the following people” who may have gone to any events, do I just leave this section blank or answer “No” for the six sub-questions?

4/ And lastly, are there any prohibitions on me applying for an open work permit with my application? I have quite a long period to go on my current work permit, and don’t know if I’ll even need the additional permit, but I know the application process can be quite long so feel I should apply. If I already have a Post-Graduate Work Permit, can I still apply for the open work permit?

Thank you in advance for any feedback anyone can give. I know some of the questions might sound quite simplistic, but I am quite paranoid about filling something in wrong, hence why I ask.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Please advise
Can we use paper divider or binder clip to separate each section of the application ? What you guys think what is the best way to separate each section of the application?

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Please advise
Can we use paper divider or binder clip to separate each section of the application ? What you guys think what is the best way to separate each section of the application?
Small binder clip is always good!!

Reactions: Aries69

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I received an email from September that etobicoke going to send me an mail .but until now me and my husband. Doesn't received any thing yet
Please call customer service.

Doogie

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

I am planning on sponsoring my wife. She is currently on a study permit from India here in Canada and I am a Canadian citizen. My question is, does my wife need to continue studying while our application is in progress?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Please advise
A paperclip will suffice.

jordanVisa

Jan 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

last week, I got a mail from government saying that the process is almost over and needed to send some documents to visa office in tokyo and that they would send them to manila after which I would get a reply within 90 working days.

2 days after I send my documents, I get new message from government saying my status is updated, so I log into my account, and it is written that the final decision was made, please read the final decision lower. I look lower and it is written, your application was approved, please read the message lower. And there was no message lower....
That website has always been quite glitchy and never really showed me my messages... took me 8 months before they finally displayed my background request message.

What should I do now? I suppose I will get some documents from manila eventually and then I can just go to Canada and request my PR card and then finished?

Not sure what kind of message I was supposed to read... wonder if it is important...

It is also weird that I get a reply only 2 days after I send documents... I would have expected documents sent to manila to take longer than that just to arrive.... any thoughts?

she_far

Dec 21, 2017
Hi ,

I would appreciate if someone can help me understand family sponsor for spouse and kids. My CRS score is below 400 when i include my spouse however it crosses once i exclude her score. So, If I opt not to take my family along , would it be possible to sponsor them afterwards. Looing forward for a reply.

Manish21

Jul 27, 2017
Hello ,

I have applied for spousal sponsorship application on 8 September 2017 ( File received). Medical has been done in November.
Processing started on 12 December 2017. how long is the wait?
I am planning to visit my spouse back home in India for one month. Will it effect my processing ?

Is there any excel sheet for this group for applied, processing and decision made etc.