+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi:

Need some guidance around employee verification letter. I requested a letter of verification of what I needed and it was completed by my employer sending me a pdf copy of the letter with a digital signature. Would this be sufficient for the employment verification letter?

Please help. I am partway through collecting all the documentation and this is one of the items currently bothering me.

Thanking all.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
atripnc said:
Hi:

Need some guidance around employee verification letter. I requested a letter of verification of what I needed and it was completed by my employer sending me a pdf copy of the letter with a digital signature. Would this be sufficient for the employment verification letter?

Please help. I am partway through collecting all the documentation and this is one of the items currently bothering me.

Thanking all.
Lots of bigger companies will have these letters and know what you will need. Contact your HR dept. and ask for an Employment Verification Letter, they should either have different template letters for immigration, landlords, etc. and can give you the letter. Otherwise, what my wife (the sponsor) had to do was to just ask her HR department directly (or boss) and they drafted up the letter stating how long she's worked there, how many hours she works per week, and her salary (hourly is what I believe they ask for? I may be wrong. Ours said hourly and we got approved). Just make sure it's got the official company letterhead, signature, etc. My sponsor just hand-wrote her signature.

GL

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
Hello everyone.
So i noticed today, in my CIC account, that the background check status has changed (meaning it has begun),also the final decision status has changed from not started to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made"..
For what i have heard in other parts of the forum, this means that a decision might be made in a moth or less?
Is this true? Thanks in advance for any response.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Arb1985 said:
Hello everyone.
So i noticed today, in my CIC account, that the background check status has changed (meaning it has begun),also the final decision status has changed from not started to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made"..
For what i have heard in other parts of the forum, this means that a decision might be made in a moth or less?
Is this true? Thanks in advance for any response.
Mine did this status update on Feb 28th, today I got Decision Made on ECAS side. :)

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Arb1985 said:
Good luck to you my friend. I do hope it is the same case for me too. I really do :)
I suspect background checks can vary based on your history of course, but I wish you the best! Mine was a pretty simple application.

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
barch88 said:
I suspect background checks can vary based on your history of course, but I wish you the best! Mine was a pretty simple application.
My "criminal" history is only an undeserved parking ticket when i was not present, in a place without markings :) , i have sent the police certificate upfront, and payed everything upfront. My visa office is in Rome. I hope it takes less than a month.

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
barch88 said:
Lots of bigger companies will have these letters and know what you will need. Contact your HR dept. and ask for an Employment Verification Letter, they should either have different template letters for immigration, landlords, etc. and can give you the letter. Otherwise, what my wife (the sponsor) had to do was to just ask her HR department directly (or boss) and they drafted up the letter stating how long she's worked there, how many hours she works per week, and her salary (hourly is what I believe they ask for? I may be wrong. Ours said hourly and we got approved). Just make sure it's got the official company letterhead, signature, etc. My sponsor just hand-wrote her signature.

GL
Thank you GL. I have the letter directly from the HR dept. The pdf contains the digital signature (looks actual) with the name of the HR person. HR asked me to print out copy of this on the color printer, as others do it in a similar way. I would have rather had it hand-written, since these are large corporations, it is difficult to get a hold of someone that will comply. Besides corporation way of putting something on a letterhead is to go through the HR.

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
Okay, I am reading in the forums that there is just a change of style on myCIC, and not new updates.
So my current CIC account says:
Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Background check and final decision before said only "not started". Is this really a new style, because i was happy that things were moving, but now i am worried it was all "false" hope :(

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Question about police certificate. I already have these, should I send this as a part of the application that I am sending? I had these done, as these take a long time to get processed.

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
atripnc said:
Question about police certificate. I already have these, should I send this as a part of the application that I am sending? I had these done, as these take a long time to get processed.
I sent the police certificate with my paper application. Mine had a 12 month validity.From what i read in forums it is better to send things upfront if you have them (police certificate, medical exams).

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi everyone!

I am in need of some help right now. The issue is that I ve been living in Pakistan 9 months a year since the past 3-4 year and I spend 3 months in Canada. I am a canadian citizen, I married here in Pakistan a year ago and I plan to go back once she recieves her Visa. My family is in Canada and my parents own a house there as well. They are willing to write a support letter for me if CIC asks for proof of intent to return to Canada. My question is, What are the things I can provide as STRONG PROOF for my intent to return back to Canada with my wife?

I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
atripnc said:
atripnc said:
Thank You. I was going to do the same. But wanted to see if somebody here had prior experiences with it.
It's Ok to include your PCC in your application package if you already have it;

Ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1328&top=14

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Everyone, i am going to send my application now but there is 2 different addresses for outland applications. 1 for sending application by mail and 2nd is to send by courier. May i know what is the difference between by mail and by courier? I am sending my documents from pakistan, which Option suits for my application?