+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vkay

Aug 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I am back with a query. I observed applications can be submitted for open work permit along with spousal sponsor application.
However, who can apply for work permit? That is confusing part as I am not able to understand whether I can submit it for outland sponsorship application? Thanks!

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
vkay said:
Hi All,
I am back with a query. I observed applications can be submitted for open work permit along with spousal sponsor application.
However, who can apply for work permit? That is confusing part as I am not able to understand whether I can submit it for outland sponsorship application? Thanks!
OWP is only open to inland applicants.

heidiandgoats

Aug 13, 2014
I'm American and have been living in Ontario with my Canadian husband. I have a "visitor record", which I got at the border when returning last year in August. It's good for one year and I've been living in Canada since last August. We're in the process of applying for my permanent residency. I know....been putting it off for too long but there's been other things getting in the way! Anyway...

Do I need a police check by the RCMP or the provincial police along with my FBI check since I've been living in Canada over 6 months? I just received the letter from the FBI a few days ago and we thought everthing was good to go and were going to head to the US soon and mail the outland application....and then I read the document checklist more carefully (as I was checking it off!) and see that a police check is needed for "any country where you have lived for more than 6 months". Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
heidiandgoats said:
I'm American and have been living in Ontario with my Canadian husband. I have a "visitor record", which I got at the border when returning last year in August. It's good for one year and I've been living in Canada since last August. We're in the process of applying for my permanent residency. I know....been putting it off for too long but there's been other things getting in the way! Anyway...

Do I need a police check by the RCMP or the provincial police along with my FBI check since I've been living in Canada over 6 months? I just received the letter from the FBI a few days ago and we thought everthing was good to go and were going to head to the US soon and mail the outland application....and then I read the document checklist more carefully (as I was checking it off!) and see that a police check is needed for "any country where you have lived for more than 6 months". Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.
From the CIC website:
How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Nov 2015 inland spousal application here, it's been more than a month already after I receive my medical request , June 2 when I received my medical request I did my medical June 8, til now I haven't receive the medical request for my kids, is it normal? Is there anyone there same situation as mine? Does it take a longer time to wait if I do have 2 dependents, any info pls

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
I am submit my family sponsorship file on 28-06-2016 my husband lives in india and tomorrow receive mail from cic on 18-07-2016 . My tracking number received now plz tell me next process ?

Ishita

Jul 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-6-2016
Please suggest

I have applied for spousal visa and CIC have received my application on May 26,2016. Its already 56 days over and I am still waiting for my AOR and SA. Generally everyone getting AOR before 56 days but my application shows in process. I am worried, why is it taking time?

neharika7

Sep 19, 2012
My husband is Canadian Citizen...I am staying in India..We got the Acknowledgment Letter on 2-07-016..How much time will CIC take to process the file..How many months actually it can take?

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain my husband's son medical. We were only able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate as we ordered it ourselves. And so here we are into almost 14 months. Every time we call CIC they have s high number of calls and can't thru an agent. We tried requesting information from a casespecific inquiry and no response yet either. It's so stressful and frustrating right now. The unknown of status of our application as there is no update besides "permanent residency in progress".
Thank you once again for your advise.
Hi! I was wondering if someone could give me some advise. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. Our sponsorship application is Outland. It's in "permanent residency in progress". We were asked for my husband to obtain his son's medical exam which we have already submitted. We sent CIC a copy of the receipt of the exam.
It's now been seventeen months and we're still waiting for our application to be finalized. Does anyone have an idea how much longer it will be.
Thank you for your advise.

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Experts,

Please advise on the below queries.
I got ITA for 485 points and submitted my documents on May 30, 2016.

I am getting married in Nov this year, so there are 2 scenarios here.

1. Till when I can add my spouse to my PR application?, and what are the documents and forms required to add her to my PR application? Please provide the documents list or link.
2. If I get my passport request and have my marriage in less than a months time can I ask the CIC for some time to submit my spouse documents, so that before landing I can submit all the spouse documents?
3. Please let me know all the documents required for sponsoring my wife assuming I get my PR before November :(
4. And can I apply tourist visa for her now? We are engaged already will this have an impact to the process of me adding her name to my application or sponsoring? because tourist visa is applied without involving my name after the engagement date?

Im seriously confused can somebody please help.

Please provide your email or contact number whoever can really help me with this process so that It would be really helpful.

Regards.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vaidyy said:
Hi Experts,

1. Till when I can add my spouse to my PR application?, and what are the documents and forms required to add her to my PR application? Please provide the documents list or link.
2. If I get my passport request and have my marriage in less than a months time can I ask the CIC for some time to submit my spouse documents, so that before landing I can submit all the spouse documents?
3. Please let me know all the documents required for sponsoring my wife assuming I get my PR before November :(
4. And can I apply tourist visa for her now? We are engaged already will this have an impact to the process of me adding her name to my application or sponsoring? because tourist visa is applied without involving my name after the engagement date?

Please provide your email or contact number whoever can really help me with this process so that It would be really helpful.

Regards.
You're better off posting questions in the EE forum, as this is for those sponsoring their spouse or partner, not including them in their non-sponsorship application.

Add her to your existing application ASAP (after you are married), unless you've lived together for at east one year already. If you have, you can add her [now] as your common-law partner.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Vaidyy said:
Hi Experts,

you need to notify cic that you have a fiance and plan to marry on that day. if you dont and later tell them you want to sponsor your spouse and omit this information on your original application they can hold it against you and refuse on the grounds of misrepresentation.

Regards.

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
Hi All

My case I presume is quite straightforward, am Spanish in Madrid, with Canadian Wife, 2 beautiful babies also with Canadian passport.
My Visa Office is Paris , and being Spanish am Visa exempted.
Got the email that my file went to the VO on 12th May (AOR2) , 17ht they asked for the IMM Voyages/travels of the last 10 years, 22th was sent by email , and got their email confirming they had received my email.
I know that is not so long time ago, but according to the timeline (at the February spreadsheet) of other Applicants through the VO Paris who started in February, some got already beginning June the DM and mid June their COPR.
So making the same time projections I have presumed that my DM was to be taken beginning July and so get the COPR end of July, so now

However looking at ECAS, still is “in process”, so I am getting a little nervous.
But nervous, not exactly because it´s taking too long (that is not compared to the Official processing time), but because this August I go on holiday to Calgary (as usual )to see may wifes family, and I would love to have already at that time the COPR , in order to start taking actions (talking with friends and people about a future job ) there preparing my future Landing . So with the COPR having the 100% security that we will move in short there
And also it comes to my mind looking at all the spreadsheets that the Paris office “is not so busy “ in terms of processing applications, as only a few applicants if looking the spreadsheets go through this office.

So my question will be: Is it possible that the VO Paris has already done the DM , though not stated on ECAS , and hopefully I might be getting back home from work one of these days and open the mailbox and have the COPR ?

Note: MEd´sare done, and fees are paid

Cheers to All

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
calgary2017 said:
Hi All

My case I presume is quite straightforward, am Spanish in Madrid, with Canadian Wife, 2 beautiful babies also with Canadian passport.
My Visa Office is Paris , and being Spanish am Visa exempted.
Got the email that my file went to the VO on 12th May (AOR2) , 17ht they asked for the IMM Voyages/travels of the last 10 years, 22th was sent by email , and got their email confirming they had received my email.
I know that is not so long time ago, but according to the timeline (at the February spreadsheet) of other Applicants through the VO Paris who started in February, some got already beginning June the DM and mid June their COPR.
So making the same time projections I have presumed that my DM was to be taken beginning July and so get the COPR end of July, so now

However looking at ECAS, still is “in process”, so I am getting a little nervous.
But nervous, not exactly because it´s taking too long (that is not compared to the Official processing time), but because this August I go on holiday to Calgary (as usual )to see may wifes family, and I would love to have already at that time the COPR , in order to start taking actions (talking with friends and people about a future job ) there preparing my future Landing . So with the COPR having the 100% security that we will move in short there
And also it comes to my mind looking at all the spreadsheets that the Paris office “is not so busy “ in terms of processing applications, as only a few applicants if looking the spreadsheets go through this office.

So my question will be: Is it possible that the VO Paris has already done the DM , though not stated on ECAS , and hopefully I might be getting back home from work one of these days and open the mailbox and have the COPR ?

Note: MEd´sare done, and fees are paid

Cheers to All
You are looking to wait around 9 months until you obtain a COPR (as per the CIC website), give and take a couple of months. August is somewhat unrealistic and there is no need to be worried after only 4 months into it. However, not everyone has the same timeline and while Spanish citizens may be treated differently than say Tunisian or Libyan citizens, your expectations are very high for a 5 month processing time (though not impossible). DM will show fairly quickly after the VO makes a decision, 1 to 3 days after it, and even if DM shows you still have to receive an email questionnaire that will come from CIC and after you respond you will have a 2 to 4 week wait period before the COPR physically arrives.

Looking into the spreadsheets is a bad way to determine work load at the VO as not every national culture is keen on publicly talking about immigration proceedings, plus you need to consider that Paris handles cases for people who reside in Algeria, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Spain (including the Canary Islands), St. Pierre et Miquelon, Switzerland, Tunisia.