+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bhinder singh

Jul 17, 2016
Dear sir
I belong to Sikh family. My chaha chachi is living in Canada.
They have no child. And adopted a girl from my chachi's family. She is my chachi's mama's grand daughter. And they took her to Canada. When she was adopted her age was 13 years. After adoption she lives my chachi's village. She never come to my village. I had never met her before.
Now my chacha chachi and my parents decided that I get merry with her.
I want to ask that this marriage will legal according to law.and embassy will accept this relationship.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
kiwiblair said:
i see this question pop up quite a lot on here , they will ask enough questions to verify you are genuine , you should never need to know what type of questions they ask , because if you are genuine and truthful then the answers will be no problem , and you and your wife will have the same answers , because it is the truth , ... but if you have to know what kind of questions so you and your wife can both talk about the same answers and make sure you get it right ... then maybe it aint the truth . and no one should help out on providing the questions to you . if your genuine , you have nothing to fear .
Bit judgmental there, eh? My partner also asked what questions he might be asked if he gets called for an interview. Does that make us less genuine?

You know, there are genuine reasons why couples may not have the same answers as each other. My partner is seriously bad with dates. For the life of him he cannot get straight my birthday and the date of our first meeting. They're close together and he always gets them mixed up. He can never remember the names of my siblings (I have 9 of them). Does that make us less genuine?

How about being a bit more supportive of someone who's anxious about his interview. He's been separated from his wife and child for 2 1/2 years and just wants to be with them.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
bhinder singh said:
Dear sir
I belong to Sikh family. My chaha chachi is living in Canada.
They have no child. And adopted a girl from my chachi's family. She is my chachi's mama's grand daughter. And they took her to Canada. When she was adopted her age was 13 years. After adoption she lives my chachi's village. She never come to my village. I had never met her before.
Now my chacha chachi and my parents decided that I get merry with her.
I want to ask that this marriage will legal according to law.and embassy will accept this relationship.
In a previous post, you wrote that you married your wife in January 2014. Is this the same person?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
KateChurchill said:
Thanks for your response. I wonder that while I have my US address listed, if they saw my name on our Canadian lease and also saw that we have cohabited since Sept & are considering me as living in Ontario even though I'm actually a visitor at this point.
KateChurchill said:
Would it be possible that the Mississauga office disregarded my app because it was mailed from Ontario and not the US? Our Ontario address was put on the return address, not my US address. Do you think those factors alone would effect them telling me they only accept overseas applications? And by them using "overseas," the US is not overseas so that's confusing too. Thanks for your help!
All sponsorship apps, inland and outland, are first sent to Mississauga. It doesn't matter where they are mailed from or what address is listed; every single one goes to Mississauga.

There have been a few apps returned recently because people were in Canada, used a Canadian mailing address but listed a foreign residential address and didn't include a Use of Representative form. Did you do that?

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
All sponsorship apps, inland and outland, are first sent to Mississauga. It doesn't matter where they are mailed from or what address is listed; every single one goes to Mississauga.

There have been a few apps returned recently because people were in Canada, used a Canadian mailing address but listed a foreign residential address and didn't include a Use of Representative form. Did you do that?
Yes, that's what I did - my official residence/address is in the US but I mailed the app from Canada. We did not use a Representative but I did include the form & noted that we did not use a representative on the form.
So the Canadian government considers the USA an "overseas" country? That doesn't make sense to me. Should I re-complete the app(s), mail them to my family in US then have them mail them to Mississauga, that seems a bit much....?
Thanks! :)
Btw, we completed my husband's US immigration app in late Feb 2016 & it was approved at the end of June 2016. I was shocked to find the US app process so much more positive, efficient, pleasant, etc. We each have a parent with a terminal illness so it's important that we are able to travel to and from the US-Canada with no issue or worry of stay times, etc.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
DollyM said:
Bit judgmental there, eh? My partner also asked what questions he might be asked if he gets called for an interview. Does that make us less genuine?

You know, there are genuine reasons why couples may not have the same answers as each other. My partner is seriously bad with dates. For the life of him he cannot get straight my birthday and the date of our first meeting. They're close together and he always gets them mixed up. He can never remember the names of my siblings (I have 9 of them). Does that make us less genuine?

How about being a bit more supportive of someone who's anxious about his interview. He's been separated from his wife and child for 2 1/2 years and just wants to be with them.
Agreed. 100%

There is actually a very helpful thread on the topic of preparing for interviews that I suggest anyone who needs it heads over to.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.1620.html

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
From what I'm reading, entire application packets are returned, is that true? Our entire packet was NOT returned, ONLY a form (4 pages) that was accidentally completed (IMM0008 Schedule 10 Sponsorship Under a Public Policy). Obviously that form is not applicable. Could it be that they just returned the IMM0008 Schedule 10 and are processing the rest, correct forms of our application packet?

Btw, today is my 161st day in Canada for 2016. I'm here as a visitor (no Visa, etc). Help, please!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
KateChurchill said:
From what I'm reading, entire application packets are returned, is that true? Our entire packet was NOT returned, ONLY a form (4 pages) that was accidentally completed (IMM0008 Schedule 10 Sponsorship Under a Public Policy). Obviously that form is not applicable. Could it be that they just returned the IMM0008 Schedule 10 and are processing the rest, correct forms of our application packet?

Btw, today is my 161st day in Canada for 2016. I'm here as a visitor (no Visa, etc). Help, please!
Which of the two application packages I mentioned did you submit?

By the way, the total number of days you've spent in Canada vs. the U.S. in 2016 may be important from a tax standpoint. But from an immigration standpoint, for Canada, all that matters is the number of months since your last entry, the maximum being six. The total number of days doesn't matter for that.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
After AOR can I send the RPRF to Mississauga case processing centre?

If yes how to send it ? Do I need to write a letter ?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
cjg1987 said:
After AOR can I send the RPRF to Mississauga case processing centre?

If yes how to send it ? Do I need to write a letter ?
We faxed them a copy of our receipt with a cover letter. That worked.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
frege said:
We faxed them a copy of our receipt with a cover letter. That worked.
And this should be done before SA?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
cjg1987 said:
And this should be done before SA?
If you already have a UCI or file number, then yes. I'm not saying mailing it wouldn't also work. In our case, it didn't work, but that may have been because we never got an AOR, so we didn't have a file number at first.

But if the RPRF fee is added before sponsorship approval, then the officer approving the sponsorship part will mark the fee as paid, and this will avoid delays.

According to our GCMS notes it took about four weeks for them to enter that we'd paid our fees.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
We submitted the Outland, specific forms were:
(The IMM 0008 Scedule 10 - public policy) was accidentally completed and submitted, however it was the ONLY part of the packet returned.)
IMM 0008
IMM 0008 DEP (left blank as I have 0 dependants & made a note on the form that it's N/A)
IMM 5406
IMM 5669
IMM 5285
--
IMM 1344
--
IMM 5476
IMM 5443
--
Scans of our passports, birth certificates, police / FBI certificate, marriage certificate, joint bank acct proof, lease, insurance, years of pictures, wedding pics, income tax info. I also included my university diploma, US drivers license & state board certification (healthcare administration) & notarized letters by friends. The receipt of payment was the very last of the packet.

Is there anyway I can check the status of my application, by a number on the receipt, etc?

Thanks again!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
KateChurchill said:
(The IMM 0008 Scedule 10 - public policy) was accidentally completed and submitted, however it was the ONLY part of the packet returned.)
IMM 0008
IMM 0008 DEP (left blank as I have 0 dependants & made a note on the form that it's N/A)
IMM 5406
IMM 5669
IMM 5285
--
IMM 1344
--
IMM 5476
IMM 5443
--
Scans of our passports, birth certificates, police / FBI certificate, marriage certificate, joint bank acct proof, lease, insurance, years of pictures, wedding pics, income tax info. I also included my university diploma, US drivers license & state board certification (healthcare administration) & notarized letters by friends. The receipt of payment was the very last of the packet.

Is there anyway I can check the status of my application, by a number on the receipt, etc?

Thanks again!
You submitted the inland package, that is why it was returned to you. You need to fill out the forms for outland, and resend them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
KateChurchill said:
As said above, that's the inland app package. Sorry to say but it looks like you guys made a bit of a mess of it.

Here is the outland app http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

The app should have been returned. You really need to contact your spouse's MP and ask them to see what happened to the app.