+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disBrew said:
Yes, but before I came here, and that will be quite hard to prove unfortunately :/
It might not be so hard to prove...since you will both have to list your previous addresses. CIC will know that you have lived together.

alb01

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016 AOR 2: May 13,2016
Med's Done....
January 15,2016
Interview........
Sept. 13.2016
Hey guys

My application was received today from CIC in Mississauga for outland spouse sponsorship. I am kind of worried if I will approved only because I have had 2 previous genuine marriages before that required sponsorship. one was inland and another outland. My husband lives in Europe and our VO is in Rome. My lawyer said its a high risk case but we have enough proof that we love each other. A friend of mine received their PR in 3 months (outland) so there is hope it will happen soon.

n143

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ : 21-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016 , AOR2 : 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront..
Med's Done....
04-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hope soon...
LANDED..........
hope soon....
disBrew said:
Yes, but before I came here, and that will be quite hard to prove unfortunately :/
I was in relation with my GF for 8 years but we didn't live together for 1 year continuously , so I decided to sponsor her after marriage that I did.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n143 said:
I was in relation with my GF for 8 years but we didn't live together for 1 year continuously , so I decided to sponsor her after marriage that I did.
You have nothing to worry about, but the other member might have an issue on his hands.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
disBrew said:
Did you declare her on your application and/or is she listed on your COPR as your common-law partner? If not, then your situation is pretty clear, you can never sponsor her because you committed misrepresentation.

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hello All, I am new here, however I hope this platform will help get some vital information concerning my spousal sponsorship application.

Please I need to know the current processing time for Accra applicants?

Macworld

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
My application was denied April 2014, we appealed, but it didn't worked out so we decided to re-apply last year in 2015. My new application was submitted in October 2015 and we got a mail in November 2015 that the application has been received in CIC Accra. Since than we haven't gotten any info. I don't know how long it will take this time. I tried checking the updated processing time online, its not populating.

Can someone with experience please advise me....

Bikuchd

Mar 16, 2016
Hello all
I am applying for my spousal file this month but unfortunately I was diagnosed with tuberculosis last month. I have been taking medication but I heard that the x-Ray patch does not go away within one month and panel physician can suspect that. So my question is can I put up my spousal file without medical in the initial ? And is it safe to do this that I can provide medical school later on to them when they ask? Is it right way? Plz reply

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Macworld said:
My application was denied April 2014, we appealed, but it didn't worked out so we decided to re-apply last year in 2015. My new application was submitted in October 2015 and we got a mail in November 2015 that the application has been received in CIC Accra. Since than we haven't gotten any info. I don't know how long it will take this time. I tried checking the updated processing time online, its not populating.

Can someone with experience please advise me....
Ask on the Accra thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants-t64640.5895.html

But, if you haven't addressed the reasons you were refused, you could have a problem. I'd expect you will end up with another interview so your times could be longer than average.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bikuchd said:
Hello all
I am applying for my spousal file this month but unfortunately I was diagnosed with tuberculosis last month. I have been taking medication but I heard that the x-Ray patch does not go away within one month and panel physician can suspect that. So my question is can I put up my spousal file without medical in the initial ? And is it safe to do this that I can provide medical school later on to them when they ask? Is it right way? Plz reply
yes, it is possible to submit your application without the medical exam and wait for CIC to request it. this can delay your process slightly, depending on your visa office and the officer. it seems this may be your best option if it takes a month to clear.

Rashu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th June 2016
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approval : 23rd August 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 19th July 2016, AOR2: 24th August 2016
File Transfer...
23rd August 2016... 3rd line added on 24th August 2016
Med's Done....
4th June 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6th March 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13th March 2017
Hi,

My fiance is a PR holder and working in Canada and we ll be getting married in May 2016.
And I am in India and I had applied for visitor visa which was rejected due to family ties in Canada and travel history.

I am planning to apply for Spouse sponsorship PR for me after the wedding.

We have a few queries over the Spousal PR application which are as below:
1) I have got a rejection letter with a UCI for visitor visa. Do we need to enter this UCI in spousal sponsorship application?
2) Upfront medical and police clearance certificates should be applied before OR after marriage?
3) Since I would be moving to my would be husband's town after wedding. Should I need to apply for police clearance from his hometown passport office or from my old address before marriage?
4) Do we need to show my employment proof for spousal PR ,since I have quit my job recently?
5) Do we need to attach the visitor visa rejection letter along with spousal PR application which contains a UCI?
6) After getting spousal approval (after 2 months from application of sponsor PR) , can I apply for a visitor visa to meet my would be husband during the long processing time?
7) Last query is whether it is a good idea to apply visitor visa before spousal PR application after our wedding?

We would be grateful to you if any one could help us in the above queries.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Rashu said:
Hi,

My fiance is a PR holder and working in Canada and we ll be getting married in May 2016.
And I am in India and I had applied for visitor visa which was rejected due to family ties in Canada and travel history.

I am planning to apply for Spouse sponsorship PR for me after the wedding.

We have a few queries over the Spousal PR application which are as below:
1) I have got a rejection letter with a UCI for visitor visa. Do we need to enter this UCI in spousal sponsorship application?
2) Upfront medical and police clearance certificates should be applied before OR after marriage?
3) Since I would be moving to my would be husband's town after wedding. Should I need to apply for police clearance from his hometown passport office or from my old address before marriage?
4) Do we need to show my employment proof for spousal PR ,since I have quit my job recently?
5) Do we need to attach the visitor visa rejection letter along with spousal PR application which contains a UCI?
6) After getting spousal approval (after 2 months from application of sponsor PR) , can I apply for a visitor visa to meet my would be husband during the long processing time?
7) Last query is whether it is a good idea to apply visitor visa before spousal PR application after our wedding?

We would be grateful to you if any one could help us in the above queries.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.
1) Yes you can use this UCI number, your number remains the same for every CIC application.
2)That doesn't matter, but the medical is only good for a year so do your upfront medical right before you send in your application. The police certificate for the country you are living in is good for 6 months.
3)I'm not sure how it works in India, since it's a country-wide PCC, I'm not sure it matters where you get it done.
4) No, but you will need to list it in the "previous employment" parts on the forms, and in other places.
5) No, unless the India checklist specifically asks for that, but not that I'm aware of.
6) You can, but having no job and having a husband in Canada will make it even more likely you will be refused.
7) Before, check out this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

snow_ski

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my PR last year, then this year January, 2016 I flew back from Toronto to my home country and got married.
My husband is a green card holder, lives in USA and flew back to USA one day after the marriage. I am still in my home country though and planning to fly back to Canada soon.
----Please recommend me whether I should do the application to add my husband from here or I should wait till I fly back to canada? Is my application going to be considered as inland or outland application?
----Is it going to be a problem if I go and stay in USA with my husband as a tourist after I do the application?

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
snow_ski said:
I got my PR last year, then this year January, 2016 I flew back from Toronto to my home country and got married.
My husband is a green card holder, lives in USA and flew back to USA one day after the marriage. I am still in my home country though and planning to fly back to Canada soon.
----Please recommend me whether I should do the application to add my husband from here or I should wait till I fly back to canada? Is my application going to be considered as inland or outland application?
----Is it going to be a problem if I go and stay in USA with my husband as a tourist after I do the application?
You cant apply to sponsor your husband from outside canada.
Pr holders must be in canada to sponsor