Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Hi,

I just mailed our documents yesterday and it was successfully delivered today according to Canada Post tracking.

How long before you can track your application through client application status?

We're planning to live in BC maybe Richmond or any Lower Mainland cities. Anybody with the same destination? How's your application doing?

BTW, I'm sponsoring my wife.

M

magpie

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

canada112

Aug 29, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 11 2011 cpc m
AOR Received.
may 13 2011 from cpc m
File Transfer...
june 2 2011 CHC ND
Passport Req..
june 14 2011...PP with CHC ND since june 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
decision made on 15 sept 2011...pp recived on 17 sept 2011
thanks MAGPIE......i appriciate it a lot

one more thing ..today i checked the eclient status with my wif's UCI number ...it dosnt show any mailling address now but before that it used to ...is this a thing to worry or what does it mean ......plz reply

canada112

Aug 29, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 11 2011 cpc m
AOR Received.
may 13 2011 from cpc m
File Transfer...
june 2 2011 CHC ND
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
canada112 said:
thanks MAGPIE......i appriciate it a lot

one more thing ..today i checked the eclient status with my wif's UCI number ...it dosnt show any mailling address now but before that it used to ...is this a thing to worry or what does it mean ......plz reply

can anybody help me regarding this question ....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It happens all the time. It doesn't mean anything.

M

magpie

What do you guys mean by eClient... are you talking about ecas... I have never been able to get on it to check.

canada112

Aug 29, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 11 2011 cpc m
AOR Received.
may 13 2011 from cpc m
File Transfer...
june 2 2011 CHC ND
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
yes eclient mean ecas...where as i think

canada112

Aug 29, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 11 2011 cpc m
AOR Received.
may 13 2011 from cpc m
File Transfer...
june 2 2011 CHC ND
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
hiii charlied10

i have a question for you ..hope you can help me out with it .........my question is
i live in canada and have a PR status .....i applied for my wife after marriage .....the dates are

application recieved CPC april 12 2011....started precessing the application on april 13 2011...decision made on april 13 2011...file sent to CHC NEWDELHI
application recieved by CHC NEWDELHI on june 2 2011 ..started processing the application on june 3 2011...on june 14 2011 they issued my wife a passport request ....passport sent on june 20 2011....
on july 6 2011 CHC NEWDELHI they updated the status as we started processing the application on july 6 2011...medical results have been recieved.......
MY QUESTION IS ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS NOW AFTER SENDING THE PASPORT ..HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT ...AND IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT THEY WILL CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW ....OR ANY MORE ADVISE WILL BE APPRICIATED....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You have to wait until New Delhi has completed their processing. Only they can tell you how long that is going to be. Their average timeline is 6 months, you are not past that, there really is nothing to do except wait.

It is possible for your wife to be convoked for an interview after her passport is submitted. Remember, New Delhi requesting the passport does NOT mean they have approved her visa. If they wish her to attend an interview, they will send her a letter/email advising her of the time and date.

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Hi,

I'd appreciate if anybody can give me advice. We just submitted our sponsorship docs. Now while waiting, we want to come up with a Plan B in case our sponsorship fails. But the only thing I can think of is for my wife to apply a tourist VISA then maybe apply for a open work permit after some time (I'm not too confident of this). What other ways do you guys think would enable me and my wife to be together here in canada?

I'd appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
familyguy33 said:
I'd appreciate if anybody can give me advice. We just submitted our sponsorship docs. Now while waiting, we want to come up with a Plan B in case our sponsorship fails. But the only thing I can think of is for my wife to apply a tourist VISA then maybe apply for a open work permit after some time (I'm not too confident of this). What other ways do you guys think would enable me and my wife to be together here in canada?
If the sponsorship fails, there is no open work permit available. If your wife is not visa exempt, it may be hard for her to get any kind of temporary visa due to a risk of overstaying. If you can get her a job offer and sponsorship by employer under a provincial nominee program, she could get PR that way or if you get her a job offer and she applies with that under FSW if she qualifies.

Gabby123

Aug 30, 2011
Hello Canadians and soon to be Canadians, I need some help ? I am a Quebec resident sponsering my wife, and have to do additional provincial applicaton after getting approved from CIC. I have some concern on the form to be filled by my wife for Quebec immigration, "Application for Selection Certificate". On Section 2 " identification of principal sponsered person's family member" , does she have to put my name somewhere there ? and another one on Sections 5, and 6, it asks for the signature of applicant (which is my wife) and sponsered persons. I understand that means alll her dependents accompanying her has to sign ....my question is does she have to sign twice, as applicant and sponsered persons ? assume she has no any dependents and she is the only applicant and sponsered in the form. Thank you for your answer.

bullet0805

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi to all members,
im new to this forum..just wanting to get some light on processing time to get an approval on a conjugal sponsorship application.

sent application : May 9,2011
Approved sponsor: June 8,2011
CIC Manila Recd : June 27,2011
Ecas Medical results recd: June 27,2011
Request for passport: July 12,2011
Passport sent: August 8,2011
Waiting patiently,...

just wanting to share the above to all forum members..kindly share your experience in processing time as well.

once passport has been requested and sent, what would be the average waiting time for it to be returned (visa issued)?.