+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship within Canada-file being transferred to Vancouver??? Anyone

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Hey Marbles,
Well my interview isn't until January so I have a bit of a wait. But it's been over a year since I applied. How did your interview go? Do you mind me asking if they asked lots of questions about your overstay or focused on your marriage ? I'm in same situation as you as far as overstay in canada. Hopefully they gave you good news.

All the best
Vanguy
Hi Vanguy,

Overall the interview went pretty well.... First they asked about our proof of marriage, joint account, shared bills, joint purchases, lease agreement or house purchase etc.... They then asked why I did not have a status in Canada and why I did nothing to change it. I explained that I did come here as a visitor and overstayed. They asked me why I did not apply for anything in which I replied what can I possibly apply for??? They asked me about my overstay and told me that it was illegal but did not grill me. I think they have to tell you about it but they already know the answer.....

Then my spouse and I were separated and they asked me questions (which lasts about 45 mins to 1 hour). Then my spouse went in and they asked the same questions.

I will keep you posted on the results.... Good luck to you!!!

Marbles

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Hey marbles. Thought I would check in and see how your process was going. Did you get your first stage approval yet? I had my interview and waiting for results.

Cheers
Vanguy1970

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vanguy1970,

Yes, I got the first stage approval and they now asked me to redo my medical. Let me know how it goes for you!!!!

Good luck.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Vanguy, do you mind telling me what your interview was like?

iav12

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vanguy
How long has it been since your interview? I had my interview about a month ago and still waiting for the decision.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iav12 said:
Hi Vanguy
How long has it been since your interview? I had my interview about a month ago and still waiting for the decision.
Hi, iav12,

Just to give you an idea, I had my interview and 3 weeks later I had my response in the mail. When we went for the interview they told us that it would take between 2 to 3 weeks for a decision to be made. Did they tell you anything?

Marbles

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
just thought i would give my two cents here... our file was also transferred to the vancouver office, and we also had an interview...same one as marbles.

Anywho, sometimes they tell you it'll be a few weeks before they make a decision, or sometimes, they tell you right then and there.

The lady we got had told me(the sponsor) not my husband....I guess cause she had her one-on-one interview with him first..., that she was going to APPROVE our first stage.Right after she had finished asking me all the questions she needed, she said based on what I asked and what you both have said, I'm going to approve this process.
I guess we had waited for so long, she felt bad ....or maybe she knew that it was all legit. and she wanted to give us the good news there.

Either way, good luck. I know how nerve racking this whole process is.

iav12

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I received decision letter yesterday and its says that my First Stage is Approved...So happy now..
God bless you all.......

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Well I haven't been on here for a while. I just needed a break from all the immigration stuff. But I did have my interview last month and recieved my first stage approval AIP. Actually the officer that interviewed us told us right away that we were approved after she finished asking her questions. I think we prepared ourselves well for the interview by taking lots of proof and we had practiced having pretend interview with a friend. So when time came for real interview we were very relaxed - which is what I think made a big difference and she told us we were approved right away. I found it helpful reading other people's posts so I wanted to update with my experience. Interview wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Officer was nice and if you are in a genuine relationship, questions aren't difficult . But know about your partners background, childhood, family, health conditions , hospitalization , medications etc. because all those thigs were asked during our interview. She focused a lot on my sponsors history to find out how well I knew my partner. Favorite restaurants, birthday celebrations, vacations, engagement, wedding, friends,family etc.
Good luck to you all!!!God bless
Vanguy1970