+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship (spouse in my home country)

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Sent 19/Feb 2018, Received 23/Feb 2018
Hello, my Wife is Canadian living in UK for 13 years ( and married for 13 years), we were married in Canada, I'm English, we now want to move back to Canada as I'm retiring, the plan is for my Wife to apply for spousal sponsorship while in the UK, then she will move back when accepted and I will join her once my application is accepted is this ok or does she have to apply from Canada? I couldn't start a new thread as it wouldn't let me, sorry to but in. Cliff

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello, my Wife is Canadian living in UK for 13 years ( and married for 13 years), we were married in Canada, I'm English, we now want to move back to Canada as I'm retiring, the plan is for my Wife to apply for spousal sponsorship while in the UK, then she will move back when accepted and I will join her once my application is accepted is this ok or does she have to apply from Canada? I couldn't start a new thread as it wouldn't let me, sorry to but in. Cliff
She can apply to sponsor you for PR while she's living in the UK or Canada, it doesn't matter. If she applies while in the UK she will just need to submit some kinds of evidence that you really intend to move to Canada once you get PR.

Once your application is approved, you can then move to Canada together. You could also come to Canada as a visitor during the processing, it's entirely up to you.

I would budget up to 12 months for the entire application to process, but check thread for London visa office to see people's recent times.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Sent 19/Feb 2018, Received 23/Feb 2018
Thanks Rob-TO, One more thing, we are trying to fill out forms, do we have to open an account with CIC to be able to fill the forms out as some sections we can't fill out.?