+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
hi im currently a permanent residence of Canada n m Canadian citizenship application is still in process, been 10 months so far, I wanted to know if i can sponsor my husband as I plan on sending the application in a month or 2.. But I just read the below info on cic website under ..Are you eligible to sponsor someone?
  • If we received your sponsorship application on or after March 2, 2012:
The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You may not sponsor a foreign national referred to as a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner until you've been a permanent resident for five years

Does this apply to me as it has not been 5 years since i got my PR.? Also, another concern we have is lets say if i apply for spousal sponsorship now n i get my Canadian citizenship later on after submitting the sponsorship application can i still visit my spouse outside Canada for more than 2 weeks?

Reactions: Pak0403

mishalk

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
hi im currently a permanent residence of Canada n m Canadian citizenship application is still in process, been 10 months so far, I wanted to know if i can sponsor my husband as I plan on sending the application in a month or 2.. But I just read the below info on cic website under ..Are you eligible to sponsor someone?
  • If we received your sponsorship application on or after March 2, 2012:
The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You may not sponsor a foreign national referred to as a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner until you've been a permanent resident for five years

Does this apply to me as it has not been 5 years since i got my PR.? Also, another concern we have is lets say if i apply for spousal sponsorship now n i get my Canadian citizenship later on after submitting the sponsorship application can i still visit my spouse outside Canada for more than 2 weeks?

I think the five year sponsorship ban is referring to whether you were sponsored by a spouse yourself. If you received PR because your previous spouse sponsored you, you’re not allowed to sponsor anyone else until five years pass.

Otherwise a PR can still sponsor, even if citizenship process is going on. but you can’t go visit for a long time without showing intent to return with PR.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Alhamdulillah....invitation to pre arrival received today after successful interview yesterday.

Admin please update spreadsheet December 2017 Applicant
Congratulations!
Would you be able to share the interview questions? If possible

CETMWA

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Congratulations!
Would you be able to share the interview questions? If possible
He ask me very basic questions and about our relation and after our marriage.we have a lots of communication proof. FB chat, whatsapp, emails, gift receipts, money receipts, etc.. all proof i provide to him alomost 3 big box files. and a lots of our pictures together.

He ask about pictures where, when and who is in pictures, about like and dislikes of her, where she is working, about her family and friends, even names, what kind of job i want there. why i marry with her why not from pakistan, what you will do if i reject your application..

1st he ask me questions almost 20 minutes and after he call my wife and ask the same questions to her for 10 minutes and then he call both of us and said congratulation you passed the eligibility.

Every case is different and please prepare accordingly....when you are in Canadian immigration waiting for your interview it is good if both of you look happy with each other...because the interviewer watching you through camera also...he said to me during interview that he was observing us through cameras also...

Best of Luck everybody soon InshaAllah you will hear good news also

Reactions: ksabir

zr334

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
2 Jan applicant 2018
file move to lvo march 2018
process starts of applicant in 3 april 2018
med passed march 2018
add doc pcc provide march 2018
again add doc provide 2 oct 2018
no bgc starts no pre arrival
More than 13 months no complete our case
feeling down and frustrated
MP not reply ???

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
2 Jan applicant 2018
file move to lvo march 2018
process starts of applicant in 3 april 2018
med passed march 2018
add doc pcc provide march 2018
again add doc provide 2 oct 2018
no bgc starts no pre arrival
More than 13 months no complete our case
feeling down and frustrated
MP not reply ???
I can't believe they have not updated anything for an applicant who applied in Jan 2018...this is very frustrating.

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
Urgent!
Please reply...
I had interview last Monday. The officer said that they will contact my spouse as will. Everything was good in interview. She said my only concern is that a few days ago that they reserved an email to withdraw our application. It looks that someone else tried to compromise our information and used to against us. My spouse also email them to not pay attions to that email.
The interviewer said that they will contact her soon. My spouse and I are waiting to their phone call.
Today I checked my GCKEY and the it is changed to “ you have completed your interview “ what does it mean ???? Please answer... is it good, “ it mean that I passed the interview” ???

Last edited:

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
Urgent!
Please reply...
I had interview last Monday. The officer said that they will contact my spouse as will. Everything was good in interview. She said my only concern is that a few days ago that they reserved an email to withdraw our application. It looks that someone else tried to compromise our information and used to against us. My spouse also email them to not pay attions to that email.
The interviewer said that they will contact her soon. My spouse and I are waiting to their phone call.
Today I checked my GCKEY and the it is changed to “ you have completed your interview “ what does it mean ???? Please answer... is it good, “ it mean that I passed the interview” ???
Have you checked your ecas?

zr334

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
how many peoples are there who applied in Jan 2018
have no dm no ppr no bgc and no pre arrival
:(:(:(:(:(

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
how many peoples are there who applied in Jan 2018
have no dm no ppr no bgc and no pre arrival
:(:(:(:(:(
Don’t worry I am an October 2017 got pre arrival in December 2018 and background checks are going on since May 2018. I guess you are one of us.

Reactions: Khanshayan01

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.