AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
So..I received call for interview for my wife last week, along with request for remedical, police certificate and all updated forms.

They didnt ask for me specifically but I am going there to support my wife.

My wife did respond to them that she is confirming for interview (since they asked her to) but didnt tell that I am joining, just because they did not ask.

Do you think I need to tell me that I am joining as well? The letter said if I am in Pakistan I SHOULD join but no requirement.
Hey my wife also have interview in March. Does your cic account says that some action is required? My CIC account says that but i don't see anything which i have to do.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
So..I received call for interview for my wife last week, along with request for remedical, police certificate and all updated forms.

They didnt ask for me specifically but I am going there to support my wife.

My wife did respond to them that she is confirming for interview (since they asked her to) but didnt tell that I am joining, just because they did not ask.

Do you think I need to tell me that I am joining as well? The letter said if I am in Pakistan I SHOULD join but no requirement.
hi can i get the interview and remedical request dates so i can update the spreadsheet. thanks!

MiamiMice

Oct 11, 2016
Good to hear from ksleepwalker and pakbella. Finally more movement for us 2016 folks.

I’ve run out of wazifas and duas and things to do. So many people have had dreams of my wife’s approval but we’re same place for 6 months. Maybe for the best with all this snow. My worry is the flu and doing remedical with the flu though no request has come yet.

I wanted to say this forum is getting funny to read everyday. The jealousy of other’s approvals - ‘usko kyu mila? mera month mein kyu nahi huwa? Kambakhat!’ :p

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
I created another thread for this but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get an answer here;

I'm in the process of putting together the application package to sponsor my wife. I had few questions;

Form 5532 Part C, Q 4
'Have you visited each other during your relationship?' I recently visited Pakistan and we got married. I returned few days after the marriage. Is this trip considered for this question?
yes i counted it for my app and selected Yes in the checkbox

Form 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels
The principal applicant (my wife) has to fill this out. I'm assuming we do not have to enter my travel history under Spouse section? So do we write N/A or just leave it as it is?
you dont need to enter your info since you are sponsor. leave as is.

Nikkah Nama
Do I send the original urdu Nikkah Nama or photocopy of it. I will also send the certified english copy and Nadra certificate but this question is about the urdu Nikkah Nama.

Thanks
you send photocopies always. make sure it is a certified copy. dont send originals. yes send the certified english translation also.

Last edited:

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
Good to hear from ksleepwalker and pakbella. Finally more movement for us 2016 folks.

I’ve run out of wazifas and duas and things to do. So many people have had dreams of my wife’s approval but we’re same place for 6 months. Maybe for the best with all this snow. My worry is the flu and doing remedical with the flu though no request has come yet.

I wanted to say this forum is getting funny to read everyday. The jealousy of other’s approvals - ‘usko kyu mila? mera month mein kyu nahi huwa? Kambakhat!’ :p
Hahahhhahaha, uko kaisay mil gaya, mujhay kyun nahin , wah wah. Khair I believe sab apnay tor pay pareshan hain, just LVO has no sequence to resolve cases, jo asaan laga lagta hai uss ko phalay farigh kartay hain

Reactions: AHC

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Hey my wife also have interview in March. Does your cic account says that some action is required? My CIC account says that but i don't see anything which i have to do.
i did not find you on the spreadsheet. Kindly share your information if you would like to be added to the spreadsheet. This will help everyone make judgement on how long each step and applications take. the spreadsheet is here: http://tinyurl.com/hklp8t5

please provide below info:

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date:
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC):
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC):
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Reactions: jahanzaibkh

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
My MP told me the same thing, basically she called right away to the CIC special line waited for 17 minutes to get an answer and got same information that file is in queue for interview. no timeline is available and case will not be finished with 12 months time. Interview cases takes longer than normal cases as they explained me.

Just praying is only hope now left that we get interview letter since the next batch will be in June July if we did not get a letter within next 30 days.
May I know, that do you think next batch is June or July

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
May I know, that do you think next batch is June or July
usually interviews happen once in a quarter. so it may be in between april to june likely.

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
a horribly unfair system .. i am waiting for anything at this point now .. even a june 30th got DM now .. why did they stop at May 23rd before xmas holidays is beyond me!!!!! ughh!!
I can understand, hope we will all hear good news inshallah

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
usually interviews happen once in a quarter. so it may be in between april to june likely.
but they are calling for interview in both Feb and Mar?

Reactions: posse

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
MP have that line rehearsed .. 1.5 yrs processing time .. they cant do anything to expedite it .. seriously? then why on earth do we elect you then? every govt is the same .. liberals ho ya conservatives .. buss vote laynay aajatay hain ..

hang in there people!! my hubby heard that almost everyone will be called in for an interview .. some even randomly .. so sit back and relax .. mera december mein ho jana chaheyaa tha .. but abb february anay ko hai .. so now i am just praying kay buss khair khariyat say ho jaye .. we r all done with this wait .. :(
why your MP is saying 1.5 yrs means 18 months. this is only for application before Dec 7th, 2016
It clearly stated on CIC Website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
yes i counted it for my app and selected Yes in the checkbox

you dont need to enter your info since you are sponsor. leave as is.
but in travel history form there is a question, about if Sponsor travel history? should we not fill that portion related to Sponsor travel history?

you send photocopies always. make sure it is a certified copy. dont send originals. yes send the certified english translation also.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Bhaiyo aur behno, glad to inform u all that after 14 months of dead silence, i also received an interview letter :(
Dec 2016 applicant.
Interview March 6, 2018.
No reason found for the interview. Didnt order notes. Any tips from people who have recently gone thru an interview??
might be worth it to order notes ASAP so you can be prepare well to address the concerns of the officer?