AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Few questions ..

Is this the correct form for my hubby to fill out to give me consent to order gcms notes?

What sections do we both hv to fill out?

Once done, send it via web form?

What else do i need to know before i order the notes?

Is it too early to order notes? LVO received file in august 2017 ..

Also, who gets interviewed and where?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document

Consent form:

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, or visa doc ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MM345

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017

Few questions ..

Is this the correct form for my hubby to fill out to give me consent to order gcms notes?

What sections do we both hv to fill out?

Once done, send it via web form?

What else do i need to know before i order the notes?

Is it too early to order notes? LVO received file in august 2017 ..

Also, who gets interviewed and where?
It might be a bit early, yes given that our file was transferred on May 24, processing began on May 31st and as of Sep 26 an initial review has not been conducted. You could still order them to see if CPC has recommended review on eligibility which is an early indicator that there 'might' be an interview.

It is observed, that cases where the relationship raises certain concerns they 'might' get called in for an interview. Huge age gaps, parents did not attend wedding, not a wide variety of people are seen attending wedding in the pictures, cultural differences so non-desi spouse etc, 2nd marriage cases, nikkah only cases. I just recently read that showing only lovey dovey emails/messages also raises concerns like when you present the relationship to be too good to be true. Now you may have only one of these and get called for an interview or might have a few and still not get called in, it just all depends really on the overall impression they get from your file.

Interviews are conducted in Islamabad, on a quarterly basis, as per my understanding.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Interviews are conducted in Islamabad, on a quarterly basis, as per my understanding.
Only for Pakistan, the interviews are conducted in Isb. If the PA is residing (not visiting) in another country e.g. UAE, their interview will take place in their country of residence.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

freetrade

Sep 27, 2017
Ok guys wow those notes have so much info on them. It can be difficult to sort and make sense of it. And in some places they have the wrong info or odd dates that are from before my application or way ahead in 2018.

The notes were generated on Sep. 18th, @Kinza_Bee . I applied on Aug. 9th but they had some troubles with my consent form, which is why I received them so late. I'm glad they were generated recently, so I won't be applying for notes again until the end of October.

I'd appreciate any comments and interpretations. Also, let me know if there's any more info you want to see.
  • Group name: Primary review
  • Group number: There's a group number but I don't think it means there's an interview. I think it's just related to the primary review. What do you guys think?
  • All of the assessments are Not Started, except the Medical is Passed
  • One page is half blank and says s.16 on the top right corner. Any idea what this means?
From what I understood reading about the s. 16 n s. 15 or whatever and speaking with people more knowledgeable in this area...this relates to information being "redacted" wherein a VISA officer would feel it would compromise the review and/or integrity of the application. E.g. if there was something that they want to clarify based on their own investigation however you find out through the notes and try to preemptively resolve it by sending information or change things, they would feel the entire process would be jeopardized.

Essentially this gives CIC authority to take away any information they want in the name of "integrity" or "security purposes" and keep us in the dark lol. Of course, this could be false...but this is what I found out n understood.

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
hi folks,
can someone please advise me how long LVO takes after additional documents request . I sponsored my hubby back in august 2016.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
hi folks,
can someone please advise me how long LVO takes after additional documents request . I sponsored my hubby back in august 2016.
No fixed time.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
It might be a bit early, yes given that our file was transferred on May 24, processing began on May 31st and as of Sep 26 an initial review has not been conducted. You could still order them to see if CPC has recommended review on eligibility which is an early indicator that there 'might' be an interview.

It is observed, that cases where the relationship raises certain concerns they 'might' get called in for an interview. Huge age gaps, parents did not attend wedding, not a wide variety of people are seen attending wedding in the pictures, cultural differences so non-desi spouse etc, 2nd marriage cases, nikkah only cases. I just recently read that showing only lovey dovey emails/messages also raises concerns like when you present the relationship to be too good to be true. Now you may have only one of these and get called for an interview or might have a few and still not get called in, it just all depends really on the overall impression they get from your file.

Thanks for your reply ..

This is the sponsor's (me) 2nd marriage, so will my hubby still be called in for an interview? Also, who get's called - sponsor or PA?

Can you answer the first part of my post - all regarding how to order GCMS notes and what sections to fill out in the form?

Thanks.

Shahzee

Sep 25, 2017
Hi, would u like to be added to the 2017 spreadsheet? If yes, plz provide the following info:

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date:
Application in Process date:
Medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date:
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC):
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC):
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
Yes please add listed blow is the info requested. Thanks

Application received in Mississauga date: Aug 18 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Sukkur, Pakistan
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: N/A
Application in Process date: N/A
Medical performed date: N/A
Medical and Police Request Date: N/A
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC): N/A
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): N/A
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC): N/A
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC): N/A
Additional document request date: N/A
Additional documents that are requested: N/A
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): N
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): Y
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):[/QUOTE] N

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Thanks for your reply ..

This is the sponsor's (me) 2nd marriage, so will my hubby still be called in for an interview? Also, who get's called - sponsor or PA?

Can you answer the first part of my post - all regarding how to order GCMS notes and what sections to fill out in the form?

Thanks.
All second Marriage cases are not called for an interview. It depends on how solid am application you submitted. Whether the application submitted explained how the marriage was decided, whether you included lots of communication proof, lots of happy pictures of the couple, outings etc.If the visa officer is satisfied by viewing the application package and decides that your marriage is genuine, they won't call u for an interview. The applicant will be called for an interview and the sponsor can join the applicant as well.

In second marriage cases, the visa officer reviews whether a person is marrying someone who was already married before only to gain entry into Canada or not.

Check Kinza's post above on how to order GCMS notes and what to fill.

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
Yes please add listed blow is the info requested. Thanks

Application received in Mississauga date: Aug 18 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Sukkur, Pakistan
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: N/A
Application in Process date: N/A
Medical performed date: N/A
Medical and Police Request Date: N/A
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC): N/A
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): N/A
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC): N/A
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC): N/A
Additional document request date: N/A
Additional documents that are requested: N/A
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): N
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): Y
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
You've been added :)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document

Consent form:

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, or visa doc ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.
Thanks for your reply ..

Thanks.
Please see my post for GCMS notes. The PA gets called in for an interview, however the Sponsor can accompany them if they like. Again I am not sure if it matters whose second marriage it is. Once you get your notes, let us know some key components of it which can point out if there is to be an interview or the potential of one. All the best.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Thanks for your reply ..

Thanks.
Also to add on to the posts above: Contrary to popular belief, kids can also accompany at the time of the interview. It makes a strong case if both PA and sponsor are present at the interview, but traditionally on PA gets called in for the interview and Sponsor is advised to be available at the time interview will be conducted.