Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Guys my wife did her landing yesterday, everything went awesome no problems at all, thank you everyone for the guidance.
Thanks FLX for your help.
Good luck and my prayers for everyone.
Congratulations!
Can u share in detail? experience regarding immigration-pak and canada?

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Nope MM345 is using PIA and im using Turkish.
Qatar? I wudnot advise it in the wake of current ME crisis. Im jittery about turkish as well but since its all booked i cannot do much. :/
Actually My family traveled with Emirates and it was tiring more than two stops,but I like Turkish only one stop:D

user7932

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Congratulations!
Can u share in detail? experience regarding immigration-pak and Canada?
My Wife arrived through Turkish Airline departure Islamabad ---> Istanbul ---> Toronto

In Pakistan no question asked they just looked at the paper work (COPR and Visa), no question asked at Istanbul Airport either.
When she arrived at Pearson Toronto there are 2 ways one for Permanent residents and the other for All others. There she took the all others pathway (since in the PR path they have automated machines which scans PR Card and Declaration form and after that your are done) while on the other path an officer looks at your paper work confirms your details i.e. Name spelling, DOB, Address, Dependants, Currency you are bringing etc. and if all is good signs one copy of COPR and hands it over to you. keep the copy safe its very important. (even if you loose ur PR Card or it gets stolen you need this copy of COPR to get a new one).
Welcome to Canada.
Collect your baggage and meet your family who is waiting anxiously outside.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
My Wife arrived through Turkish Airline departure Islamabad ---> Istanbul ---> Toronto

In Pakistan no question asked they just looked at the paper work (COPR and Visa), no question asked at Istanbul Airport either.
When she arrived at Pearson Toronto there are 2 ways one for Permanent residents and the other for All others. There she took the all others pathway (since in the PR path they have automated machines which scans PR Card and Declaration form and after that your are done) while on the other path an officer looks at your paper work confirms your details i.e. Name spelling, DOB, Address, Dependants, Currency you are bringing etc. and if all is good signs one copy of COPR and hands it over to you. keep the copy safe its very important. (even if you loose ur PR Card or it gets stolen you need this copy of COPR to get a new one).
Welcome to Canada.
Lovely, you are great :p:D
Any idea how much cash on her? I mean legit cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: shamail_haider

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Thanks Amy for the kind words, you will remain my immigration twin forever <3
Guys im planning to share my landing experience once i make my landing, and as soon as i get time.
Till then, good luck to all!
congrats and have a safe flight. june is the perfect time to land. :)

when you go back to PK to visit, go by etihad, emirates or turkish. pia is convenient but their long haul flight experience is torturous.

Reactions: MM345 and Lasso

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

Welcome to Canada.
Just keep in mind now they have changed the system for PR's n Canadian citizens as well since last one n half month. Now few of the staff are standing after the automated machines and they will check your passports and PR cards and will ask you where are you coming from, and why do you travel outside. In case you are coming from ME or any other high risk countries they will ask you to go through immigration officer again. In last 2 months I traveled twice or thrice and when I came from staff routed me through immigration officer but when I came from USA they let me go straight. This happened on Pearson terminal 1 & 3. More over the questions that staff asked was really stupid. He asked me you came to Canada 6 times in last 5 months why didn't you get stamped your passport from Canadian officer. I said because I was going through the automatic machines and being a PR I was not obliged to get it stamped from any immigration officer. And he gave me most stupid answer "No every PR should get his\her passport stamped from immigration officer". I said you are trying to tell me that i bypassed the rules 6 times and no one has checked me. (This was the officer who was standing after the machines). Any way I went to immigration officer who a Sardar jee. I asked him why I have been routed through this channel and he said I don't see any issue. You are good to go and then I told him what first person told me about the stamping and he said "What? Who was that and then told him about his name and he said he is crazy, there is no obligation like this. Please go ahead. After few days I went to USA and came back after 3 days. The officer asked me" Where are you coming from Sir, I said USA, He asked u didn't travel anywhere else except USA on this trip. I replied "No" and he said ok go ahead please..

Last edited:

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
Can you post what you have in ECAS under "Permanent Residence Application Status" (with the names removed of course)?

Thanks
It says decision made when I login to ECAS using my wife's info

I do not know how to upload pictures on this forum, considering the image upload option is asking me to enter the image URL rather than giving me an option to upload a locally saved file.

shamail_haider

Sep 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2016
AOR Received.
November, 2016
Med's Done....
July, 2016
Respected Members,
How long does it takes to get the passport back after submitting it at VFS-Lahore? I'm asking this because I've to schedule the flight for my family.
Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Respected Members,
How long does it takes to get the passport back after submitting it at VFS-Lahore? I'm asking this because I've to schedule the flight for my family.
Please share your experience.

Thanks.
I submitted 6 days before, still waiting.
However, some member got within 18 days. A guy from VSF said only 10 days but I doubt:eek:

Reactions: shamail_haider